Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DemonicD3

Mech Warrior Online

MWO has just hit open beta which means anybody can register and test out the game. For those who do not know what this game is, it's a Free to Play (but not Pay to Win) Mech Shooter which features 8 vs 8 online games. Just doing random public games or forming groups of 4 or 8 (exact numbers) with friends and play out against other grouped players. Later on it will also have clan features where players can setup a clan, which will be involved in large scale territory war with other clans on a territory strategic map. Basicly the clan commander on the MWO website has pieces that he moves, the more players a clan has the more pieces they have to move. As a clan assaults or defends territory the battle will be played out in-game in a competitive game that the game creates for this matchup. Holding territory grants rewards for it's clan which can be given to it's players. Each territory generates a certon ammount of MC which is premium credits that players can use to buy premium mechs, a premium account or more mech bay slots. Allowing players to be-able to get premium stuff without paying a penny assuming they can form or join a existing clan that can assault and hold territory of there own (not easy).

It's a great game assuming you have the computer for it *cough* frogger, it is a graphic fancy game. I suggest you check it out and look at videos of the game. Remember the game is and will always be free. They make there money off of premium content which rewards players with easier grinding without unbalancing the game. I currently play with a group of friends since closed beta including Dr_Treeman. Would be nice to get more AITM members involved in the game.

Current people that play it:
-DemonicD3
-RazelFragel (Dr_Treeman)
-Kn0xx (MattiZWE)
-Fwoggy (Frogger)

I'll see if I can play it Very Happy

Seems I was incorrect about how clan wars will function, The MWO developers want this game to be more community based and less pay to win. They will give out no MC (Premium Credits) for clan wars as they don't want any group to have advantages over other players. Instead holding territory grants them cbill bonus's which is used to purchase mechs and upgrade them. The way these clan wars will be setup is that there are 6 official factions with there own storyline. Any player without a group/clan can join one of these 6 factions where they will compete in faction wars with other players in the faction. Object of it is for the faction to hold territory. You and other players will compete against other players and other factions to take hold of territory that grants you and other players in your faction this cbill bonus for capturing and holding a territory. Aside from factions, players and clans can create Mercenary Corps which will be groups for hire by the factions. The benefit of this is that they can choose who they fight with and who they fight for however they will have to compete for contracts against other Merc Corps. They will fight for territory and hold territory and will be granted the same cbill bonus + there contract but the territory income will be shared by the faction that hired you.