Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tgrosson

minecraft 1.4.6

I upgraded to 1.4.6. I found out the hard way that it's not compatible with 1.4.5 servers. How do I get back to 1.4.5?

Okay first download a minecraft.jar which is 1.4.5. Then go to your start thingy (the thing at the bottom left) then type %appdata% Go in the .minecraft then go to the bin. delete the minecraft.jar or drag it somewhere else. Put the minecraft.jar which is 1.4.5 in the bin folder and rename it minecraft if its not. Then log it and it is 1.4.5. If this doesnt work then just force update your minecraft and just go on youtube and search it up
Very Happy

Oh wait.... I found my problem. I accidentally made a copy of the .minecraft folder that still had the 1.4.6 jar in it. Thanks for the help! Very Happy

Hey ya so I miss u all and would like to visit. But I'm computer illiterate and can't figure out how to get to the previous version since I just installed minecraft on a new computer with no prior versions. Hope you update sometime so I can come say hi

Rezzy317 wrote:
Hey ya so I miss u all and would like to visit. But I'm computer illiterate and can't figure out how to get to the previous version since I just installed minecraft on a new computer with no prior versions. Hope you update sometime so I can come say hi

/t1209-getting-clean-jar-files-from-minecraftnet

Do you not read? Neutral

Fixed~
-A mystery person... oh wait, only three people can edit... *runs*

Ok so I guess I will have to print screen shots and put them on here. When I download the Minecraft jar it doesnt have anywhere in the file that has something called minecraft jar. I dont know where to find it. I unzip it and it doesnt appear anywhere.

This below is the screen I get after I unzip it. Maybe you can tell me what to do step by step with this situation? I told you I am a newbie with computers...

And here is a picture with the right being the minecraft jar download folder and the right being the %appdata% bin folder..what do I drag from the right to the left exactly?

I named the folder Minercraft jar myself... its just the download from this site.

1. Download the jar
  2. Open my computer
  3. Type %appdata% in the address bar
  4. Open .minecraft
  5. Open bin
  6. Move minecraft.jar inside the bin folder
  7. Open Minecraft
  8. Click "not now" when it asks to update

You opened the .jar. You don't need to open it. Just throw it in the bin folder.
You have Google Chrome... why use IE No ^^

I tried everything and still can't get on :/. Everyone I try to unzip it, it gives me an error on one of the files and asks to skip to continue unzipping. I guess I'll wait u til you guys upgrade to 1.4.6. See ya around !

server maintenance atm. eta 18-24h

no need to unzip file just replace/swap the jars.