Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu

shift keys not working

Some time ago both my shift keys stopped working. its not sticky-keys. ive tried turning stickykeys on and off again manually, didn't work. Someone once showed me a combination of keys to press (i think it was lost or chris), which would bring them back for a couple seconds, then they would stop working again. anyone know how to fix this problem?

:/ what do you mean they aren't working? have you tried taking they keys off of the keyboard and cleaning up the underside?

I think he meant it's not working in minecraft.

I fix it by spamming both CTRL, ALT and shift keys, but the bug comes back quickly.
I never had that problem again when I changed from Java7 to Java6.
Or maybe there's a weird thing we do and it causes the bug.

what do you mean they aren't working? have you tried taking they keys off of the keyboard and cleaning up the underside?

They dont do anything when pressed or held down. i tried a program that showed when a key was pressed and for how long in milliseconds, among other things. It didn't get any input at all when either shift key was pressed.

and i havent tried to take them off, but i doubt its because they're dirty becuase they both stopped working at the same time, and all the other keys work fine (except the light/dark function key is a little glitchy).

they don't work anywhere :/

Try another keyboard and see if the shift keys are working. If they are not, it's your computer. If they are, it's your keyboard.

Rrtaya_tsamsiyu wrote:
what do you mean they aren't working? have you tried taking they keys off of the keyboard and cleaning up the underside?

They dont do anything when pressed or held down. i tried a program that showed when a key was pressed and for how long in milliseconds, among other things. It didn't get any input at all when either shift key was pressed.

and i havent tried to take them off, but i doubt its because they're dirty becuase they both stopped working at the same time, and all the other keys work fine (except the light/dark function key is a little glitchy).

they don't work anywhere :/

Derp?