Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mattist_au

More Challenging server setup

Hey, mattist_au here Smile

there is a point where servers get to cluttered and unnatural and need to be restored/started, i think the servers hitting this time very shortly, and i think that When this server is reset, the main idea of the game should not be so spoon fed, and more about risk Vs reward. In the current set up with no griefing, what is the meaning of plots? the point of a plot is to create a safe zone, the meaning of a survival server, so if someone risks building in the wilderness, its rewarding for a quick start but its risky compared to a slow development. I think the server could consider the social possibility of factions and wilderness a lot better, emphasizing social play rather than individual creating and childish reports. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this, Mattist_au,

If you joined this server a few months/years back, you would have seen the amount of rage and complaints I've gotten every time I tried to add more aggressive/pvp features. People would cuss at eachother and some would even open an "I leave this server" topic.

Since most of my mods, veterans and friends are PvE sided, I decided to stick with it. If someone wishes to do PvP, they'll hangout around spawn, hunt open towns or join a PvP arena.

The only way I could make PvP and grief mandatory, is if I make another server. Sadly, I do not have enough time for that anymore.

mattist_au wrote:
is a "open town" a non plotted town?

Nope. It's a leader who doesn't know how to turn PvP off, or just wants a PvP town. You can find them on: http://smp.aitmsrv.com:8124/

As you can see... no one made their towns PvP except for IronMaiden... Err.

Ericrb wrote:

As you can see... no one made their towns PvP except for IronMaiden... Err.

You take my life but I'll take yours too! You fire muskets but I'll run you through! So when you're waiting for the next attack,
You'd better stand, there's no turning back! nananaa naa naa nanaa nananaa na na na na nananaa naa naa nanaa nananaa na na na na....