Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ames

OMG!!! Check this out!!!

I was watching TV earlier and came across an ad for a loan company... look at the APR!!!

I nearly passed out!!!

Surely there should be some sort of duty of care for vulnerable people that use these things... I am absolutely gobsmacked!

the worst thing is that they are targeting the people who cannot afford to repay them but are desperate for money Sad

They dont do any credit checks so it doesnt matter about bad credit rating, and they do weekly repayments Sad

I just couldn't believe it when i saw it Lisa... seriously people actually DO borrow money from them?

Its no better than that bloke who lent a couple £500 and then charged them that much interest they ended up owing him £80000 WHAT!!!!

I must live in a complete bubble!

Unfortunately there are times when people find them in a situation where they desperately need money for an emergancy and these are the only type of people who are willing to help them Sad

Sad It's sad it truly is. I cannot believe it is actually legal to charge them that much interest. No wonder the country is in such a state!

The USA had this problem some years ago and now people are losing their houses and have credit card bills in the tens of thousands of US$. When I got out of college some 15 years ago, I was 10,000 dollars in debt, and I didn't buy expensive stuff on my credit card, this was student loans, food, and dental bills.

It's insane.