Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xPink.Pixel.Princessx

I need some help with a phobia >.<

I was just thinking, Its really har to get a job in childcare right now. They all want lvl 3's and i only have a lvl 2 =/...

SOOOO!

i want to be a fun star!!.....Also called red coats.
If you have ever been on holiday and seen people on stage in the club..they nirmally out on shows and dance with the kiddies.
Thats what i wanna do!

If you have ever been to haven holiday park...You will know what i mean....
Roary the tiger, Bradley bear, Poppy, Anxious, Greedy....and so on...

Id love to work alongside them...The ony thing is...I have a fobia of people dressed up!.
I feel really stupid saying this but i get really scared when people are around that are dressed up in costumes, and even tho im 20...nearly 21..that phobia is still there!
I cant go anywhere near them and if i am i freeze up and feel like crying.

Does anyone know how i can get rid of this phobia so i can try and become a fun star??

I really want to become one sooo bad...I know all the dances and i love working with kids...Its just this DARN phobia thats in the way now!!

Sweetie, I struggle with a few phobia's myself. I feel that the best way to get rid of them is to face it head on. Just keep telling yourself that they are just costumes and it is nothing to be afraid of. I completely understand when you say that you know you shouldn't be afraid but you can't help it. To tell you the truth I'm afraid of Dinosaurs (Yes I know they do not roam the earth lol) but something about the T-Rex in the Movie Jurassic park freaks me out something awful I actually get anxiety attacks and can't breath. Even if I see a small picture I still jump and can't look at it.

I know that this really isn't a lot of help, but I find that especially with spiders if I face my fear ( I had to because I cannot imagine them getting close to my kids lol) I can can control my anxiety enough not to focus on the fear.

Haha iv tried thinking that they are just poeple in costumes but they really scare me still =(

i really want to get rid of the phobia...Maby if someone locked me in a room with them then that would help....Maby =/...Or id die of fright!

oh gosh...i really want to do this this sooo bad!

question for you.
what is it about the people in costumes that scares you? is it the fact that you can't see them or that you don't know who they are really?

smorkle wrote:
question for you.
what is it about the people in costumes that scares you? is it the fact that you can't see them or that you don't know who they are really?

Both of those.
I cant see their faces...Even if i did know who it was and i saw their faces, id still be scared because i remember last year when i went on holiday...

Someone was dressed up as anxious the elephant and they took their mask...well head gear off in the loos...and i was even speaking to them while they where wearing their suit....But once they put their headgear back on...i froze and couldnt move...I felt like crying....I just ran out of the door!.....Its seriously embarasing tho.OMG what is wrong with me!

Hmm.. might be worth a trip to your docs Sarah.. did something scare you when you were younger?

Ames wrote:
Hmm.. might be worth a trip to your docs Sarah.. did something scare you when you were younger?

I dont know. I cant remember.
Would the doctors help with phobias??
He would probably just tell me to go see a psycietrist(<---Dont know how to spell it)...Im not mad..They will make me feel am haha =/... Laughing