Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

The Drop In and Say Hi Thread

Bee wrote:
well if you stressed about you exams than your brain works overtime and that gets you body tired even though you don't do anything physically hard or demanding.

True, never thought it would be so hard on me
Have to admit my RA has been acting up as well

YeH got to bed at a decent hour last night. Could have slept longer but Edie decided she had to bark and let me know Robin just got home.

Morning Frannie

I posted lovely coffee for you yesterday morning but it didn't tempt you enough

And how is your fourlegged friend?

inu-kijo wrote:
yes have 2 jobs now. both at hotels

usually not his bad, but I have Friday and Sturday and 1/2 sunday off..... so workign doubles to make up for it.

Hoping soon to be down to only one job again, its hard. but for now I had to.

How are you fitting in at your new home, are things better now for you???

I think I'm fully settled in now - now I have to start working on some social life Laughing
Unfortunately for me most of my friends are married with kids

but I went out with one girl last night - she is one of our "joint" friends with Mr B and she also recently single so she said we should do cinema or theatre sometimes soon - that would be nice to have some "girly time"

The old girl is doing fine, especially since I am allowed to give her the arthritis meds again. Am afraid it's going to be thing after another with her. But she appears pain free and I will. Enjoy her while I can.

I saw the beautiful heart coffee.

Hmmm going to go log on computer. Easier than using the phone. Be right back

that's good news then.

Mine (our) Neo is going to vets on saturday - just for his annual check-up and his boosters but he's over 6 now and with him being quite big dog we don't really know what to expect. Mr B thinks he's got some eyesight problems but he's moving fine and don't seems to have any problems so fingers crossed.

They bring so much happiness in our lives

you don't appreciate full size keyboard until you're using something 2 inches by three.. LOL though I love the access with the phone

now PS related question -

Has PS lost the plot? 30CC for pegasus petling - I actually naively though that it would be for regular coins and was considering caving in and getting petling. I stayed up waiting... only to get a shock!

the game has gotten ridiculous lately. really nothing new, just rehash of all that we already have, except now they want real money.

As far as pets, I personally find them annoying. So I just let mine run away and let friends get coins for finding them, then let them run away again

welcome back Kijo. Time's getting close and I can't wait to meet you, Sophie and Tanya! Took care of a car rental yesterday

How much of the weekend will you have off... between the 10th and 13th?

I know. I am going down there this weekend as well.
much deserved break... and like a little b-day gift to myself.

I should be arriving on the 9ththen have to go back to work early on the 14th

well if I miss you,, Happy Birthday on the 24th.. way early I know! But lately, it's hard to catch anyone

yes I know.... havent seen you in a while... still have about a week, but will be working doubles the later end of the week as always, so nothing to really do ON my b-day.
but oh well. nothing new there. : D

everyone is meeting everyone - I feel left out

need to find some breakfast.. that hard lemonade from the other day is still burning my gut with acid.. see you all soon

OK then Frannie - give me few weeks and watch the news.

Enjoy your brekkie

sorry, had left for lunch and now I'm gone too, gonna take a nap
I don't feel so good (exhausted, but nothing new), now I have an upset stomach as well

so laters!

OH NO!
hope you stomach settles down and enjoy your nap - I still have 38 minutes till lunch Sad

byeee BG

OK it's almost lunch time so I'm off for a bit

will try to check here later

Good Evening,

I was rewiring some speakers so we could set up the hi fi again lol.
Have done something silly to my thumb joint now though, feels a bit like a nerve's been trapped or something Ouch!

How's everyone else?

I am Franster, and I've just opened the bar lol - how are you doing?

I'm good and would like a vodka tonic please? Maybe the tonic will help me.

If you're still reading, I must apologise for my absence. Sometimes people say they haven't time, and I think, well, how long does it take to just say hello and type a bit of news - this past few weeks have not only been SO busy that I just daren't log on, as I get settled...but everything's totally chaotic - so much stuff that I just can't find (including some bills)

I understand.. but still you've managed to drop a line when you could.. That's a world of difference from those who don't say boo for what??? 6 months now?

peeks around the back of the screen... did i lose you?

Aaah, drink coming up - I just lost a long post about the house, my connection reset.

Will have to do it again when the thumb's not playing up!
and yes, I agree with you.

I've been reading the things you've been posting. I pop in.. read a bit, wait a while.. then give up. I am getting excited about mid july,

Suffice it to say, only some outside decorating remains to be done now, plus phase 2, which is a whole other campaign and wont be near so painful (kitchen, breakfast room, utility room, family room, study and some bedrooms)

Have got rid of lots of old, wrecked and unwanted furniture. Some new bedroom furniture is on order for our guest room.
And I want to buy a couple more lamps.

Carpet's all done, however, now we have about 20 doors that need planing as they're now dragging too much (the new carpet is much thicker than the old one)
Then I can go and pick up our new bedspread for our room - so, most of the stuff that's left will be pretty plain sailing (I hope)

I've been trying to make my Hideeni posts just for you, but it's not working. I'm ready to do another

Frannie wrote:
I've been reading the things you've been posting. I pop in.. read a bit, wait a while.. then give up. I am getting excited about mid july,

We need to make a timetable to meet up Laughing

I can not imagine all the work (not to mention cost) that this has caused you. You'll be set for a long time after

Oooh I got one from you already today thanks Frannie, still missing a couple of elusive flags, gaaah - Hideeni's always mean like that!

Frannie wrote:
I can not imagine all the work (not to mention cost) that this has caused you. You'll be set for a long time after

The workload's been horrendous to be honest, but this is a big renovation to set us up for a long, long time. It's cost a hell of a lot - hence not having a holiday this past 5 years, which is horrible, but - we're here every day, so we'll have the benefit 24/7 Smile

As for the expense, if we moved house, the stamp duty alone (tax on purchase) would be about the same, so we might as well spend on something to do us good!

Have I made you start dreaming of your big move now?

I was able to get all 15 rather quickly for a change.. the digging is aggravating, yet I keep doing it. Once I get that aquarium I'll not touch it again LOL