Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop in and say HI Thread

well.. i hope you can pull off all this planning, I'm sure you can. Sounds like you will have something to keep you busy LOL. Just remember that it will be easier to fly into one of the major cities, might even get a direct flight. Customs will have to clear you at some point. Been so long since I've done any international flying

What do you think of all this clicking required to fulfill the wishes of others in PS? I find myself spending more time on FB looking for requests than I do playing the game

and what classify as major city in US? I know I can get regular flights to Miami but that's probably bit too far from Tanya.

Is Miami major city?

I need to do that on-line pre-clearance form soon (can't remember the name) as someone told me they will start charging for it from September - it's valid for 2 years.

yeah that drives me up the wall too! Unfortunately for me I miss most of it due to high volume of post on my news feed.

It takes the time away from actually playing the game Sad

Chicago is a main city.. Jacksonville is an international Airport as is Seattle, I'm sure. If you can pre clear on flights.. then I guess it doesn't matter about weather aiport is international r not. Been a long long time for me

Ashamed

everything seems to be very far in America - i'm not used to something so big (and my geography is very very dusty)

well.. it is nearly 3000 miles coast to coast.... east to west.. and then Seattle is way up northwest while miami way south west.. we span 3 time zones

I was not sure which way I should go - do I start with Florida or Seattle as I know I will be arriving to and leaving from different place.

I think I should also FB message everyone to ask when it would be good time for them to have me visiting - should probably avoid major US holidays.
I was thinking sometime in summer but that really doesn't narrow it down.

If I do all 4 places then I was thinking 2 weeks should be good - that will give me about 2.5 days in each place (0.5 for travelling). I don't think that would be too much for anyone to have stranger in their house Laughing

Frannie wrote:
well.. it is nearly 3000 miles coast to coast.... east to west.. and then Seattle is way up northwest while miami way south west.. we span 3 time zones

Ok I don't really understand miles well but that's lots of ground to cover.

As for me, anytime is good. though I am usually gone in mid september as I like to spend my birthday in Arizona. Christmas, not the best time for others, though I would not mind company

that's why I was thinking maybe summer time? But then I don't know about people's vacation times.

Christmas - not sure what I will be doing this year - first christmas alone

especially if you're meeting new people through the elephants

well Bee.. as nice as it has been chatting, I have to get going. I need to buy two new tires, ugh

Who knows what will happen.

I have to say I have met one guy that I liked but I'm not sure if he liked me too. I have seen him twice but always as a part of a group.

Yes we now have a group of elephant spotters (Gerald's Groupies) - about 18 of us now and we are planning a weekend trip to Bath to see Lions in August - not everyone can make it but so far about 6 people said they are up for it. I hope it will be more fun doing it in a group of like minded people.

Lovely talking to you Frannie as always. Have a great day and will catch you sometimes soon.

Frannie wrote:
What do you think of all this clicking required to fulfill the wishes of others in PS? I find myself spending more time on FB looking for requests than I do playing the game

Hiya, this might be a run in and run out jobbie, sorry.
New router is dispatched, hope it gets here quickly.

The clicking is driving me crazy, what with sending stickers, gifts, accepting gifts and then the building - there really isn't any time to play or do visits.

I'm not at all sure about the game any more, I think I need to take a break.

Have been really, really busy and my time on line has been very hit and miss to say the least - SORRY Smile

Hi Gill, maybe we all should give PS a rest for a while and spend more time here, with the quizzes and competitions like we used to do. congratulations

Bee wrote:
I was not sure which way I should go - do I start with Florida or Seattle as I know I will be arriving to and leaving from different place.

I think I should also FB message everyone to ask when it would be good time for them to have me visiting - should probably avoid major US holidays.
I was thinking sometime in summer but that really doesn't narrow it down.

If I do all 4 places then I was thinking 2 weeks should be good - that will give me about 2.5 days in each place (0.5 for travelling). I don't think that would be too much for anyone to have stranger in their house Laughing

Bee, if you want to visit Los Angeles, you have a place to stay with me! (and that goes for anyone) Smile

Morning All - lovely day here again

cogsy wrote:
Hi Gill, maybe we all should give PS a rest for a while and spend more time here, with the quizzes and competitions like we used to do. congratulations

Fair point, I really haven't had time at all to do any quizzes or games for a while now. Of course, anyone is very welcome to start some.
There's lots of surplus stuff in the G/R for prizes, but it's the fun of taking part rather than the prizes I think. Anyone with any ideas feel free to PM me.

mindyjoy wrote:
Bee, if you want to visit Los Angeles, you have a place to stay with me! (and that goes for anyone) Smile

Hi Mindy, how's your break been?
- and how nice of you Smile

It's only just gone after 9am here and already I feel left behind by the day - IMOM has gone to work without his reading glasses and didn't put all the recycling out, so I had to troop outside in my dressing gown (the shame of it!) - need to sort out our emails and have a massive pile of paperwork to attack plus a financial report
Sad

Meanwhile am slowly ploughing through more and more requests!

mindyjoy wrote:

Mindy really? That would be awesome! Thank you so much!
I'm planning to come sometime next year in summer and won't stay for more than couple of days but I would love to come and see you!

Good morning Zoonie - even it doesn't sound like a good one for you

Hope the day will get better

Just one of those days Bee, I'll get over myself! congratulations

How are you?

I'm doing good - Mindy just massively improved my mood.

I'm really getting excited about this future trip to USA.
if everything works out well I will get to see the following people:

Mary Callahan in Seattle
Mindy in LA
Frannie in Ohio
Lenka (my czech friend) in Chicago
Tanya & Kijo in Florida

Just got back from b-fast eating some fruit medley. : D

@Bee...... was readn back, yes Miami is VERY far from Tanya..... you would waste a day trying to get to her!!!! Jacksonville is the Airport you would want to take to her, and its a well traveled airport.
you might also want to check out Kayak.com....... gives you quotes of like all the airlines at once in the US when traveling, if nothing else, but to get a good idea what to expect.

Hi Kijo, long time no see - am having fruit myself this morning, just waiting for it to come up to temp a bit as the fridge is very cold.
How are you?

Bee, any idea when you're planning to travel? it sounds a very exciting trip Smile

@ Kijo - thanks I will check that. That would be great help.

@Zoonie - sometime next year in summer

Yeah Z. Been working hard. : D
got another long couple of days ahead, but then a nice little break.....
can't wait to get home, so i can sleeeeeep.

Bee: I am signing up for Delta Skymiles as we speak. I can earn points at the hotel for signing people up for their rewards program, and want to get airline miles. : D

Sounds good Kijo! Clever girl!

I was talking to Mr B yesterday (he caught up with me on my way from station and yes we speak again) and he suggested to talk to a travel agent to see if I can get some deal on round the US ticket - he went few years ago around the world and it only cost him about £700 pounds for plane ticket.

I might look into that at the weekend.

oooh sounds smart!!! : D

A travel agent can provide some nice discounts I bet... and 700 for stopping in a few places would really e a steal!!!

Roll on the break Kijo!

Good idea for the programme, we have to make the most of everything where we can.

Bee how lovely to have a long term plan, and yes, start talking to agents, the cost and ticketing prices are going to vary so wildly, and, be sure to find one who's trustworthy and on the ball.

I know but it will be bit tricky to get a good idea untill I can nail down suitable times.

Zoonie - it gives me something to look forward to. USA was always on my list of places to see and Mr B's been few times so he didn't really want to go again. Now that I don't have to take anyone else in consideration (I know it sounds bit harsh) I can finally plan to go and see places I always wanted to see and to meet my wonderfull on-line friends as well is the cherry on top!

was jsut looking up tickets to texas and from sav to texas teh ticket was almost 600 dollars, but form jacksonville to houston is only 250.... nuts!!!

I guess that depends on lot of things - peak/off peak time and time of year, if it's popular destination etc.

I was checking Delta yesterday and they didn't have direct flight from Seattle to either Chicago, Jacksonville or Columbus (somehow I think that's nearest to Frannie)

At least you can get plenty of help and local knowledge Bee.

I was just on the phone (IMOM) told him I'm chatting with you and he says Hi to both x

sometimes its a little harder to find direct flights. I am happy with a flight with one layover tbh... doesnt really botehr me... and airports are kind of fun

Try American Airlines, and Southwest as well. : D

please say Hi to him too

Yes that would make it even better - they can show me around so I could see things that tour guides don't talk about.

Frannie already promised to give me "insider tour" of Chicago - as well as offered to drive me from hers to Chicago (6 hours).

I know for US standard it's not that bad but here in UK it took us about 5 to get from London to North East where Mr B's partents live (and that's very very near coast)

the Elephant Parade is now finished and all the elephant statues have been sold in auctions raising whopping £4,008,425.

Will do Bee.

Are there any options for travelling by train? or will your schedule be just too tight for time?

@Zoonie - I don't really know yet - it's all at very early planning stage but now I decided to have 3 weeks rather than 2 weeks so that should give me more time.

@BG

are you all packed yet?

Hehehe Bee, I started packing yesterday, but changing my mind about the amount of clothes I'm taking along. So need to think things through again and see if I'm able to save some space (for gifts and whatnot hehe). I just came back from school and after from town, I needed to pick up some specialties from here to take along off course!

Hiya BG, excited?

Just throwing ideas into the mix Bee - I always find the planning stage really interesting and exciting.

yes it is Zoonie - but it's also very stressing (at least for me).

Thank you for you ideas.

@BG - what is your allowance for luggage?

Yes Z, very much. Going to enjoy this trip and 'charge my batteries' before retakes.

Well Bee... I think about 23kgs for the bag that gets checked in. I am not sure about carry on, but keeping that as light as possible

so it's about same like if I go home. I thought you would have more allowance for long haul flights.

Packing from trips (or packing in general) is stressing. I still have few weeks before I have to start thinking about mine but I don't have suitcase right now. I had one but it lost both of the handles on my last trip home so I had to bin it.

I found one that I like but it's really expensive (it's Samsonite).