Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop in and say HI Thread

In my experience expensive luggage has lasted far longer and given better service than the cheaper stuff, the only buy cheap/buy twice rule - that said, when we went on a multi destinational holiday and needed different kinds of stuff, we had big canvas bags on wheels - they were much lighter and as it happened, stayed in good condition to this day.

Does the baggage allowance depend on the airline rather than the length of flight?

Well Bee, I thought so too, but appears to be no difference then.
Packing can be stressing, but I made a list with items I need, just now that I'm packing, I'm afraid I'll be carrying around too much, so gonna leave a couple of things home

Not entirely sure but you tend to have smaller planes for short flights so I though they don't have as much space/cant carry as much as huge planes.

I might be completely wrong about that - I've only been on one long haul flight in my life.

As for the luggage - I know if you pay extra for a good quality case it most likely to last few trips (my last case was e-bay purchase and it lasted 3 trips) but the one I got my eyes on starts from £230 for hand luggage size case (the ones that you can take to cabin). I don't really travell that often for me to justify to pay price like that

but it's very very good quality luggage

Was just reading back and noticed this

Bee wrote:
@BG - hope you have a great time and don't worry too much about the exams. Congrats on passing the difficult one

Thanks
I am actually quite happy I passed the difficult one and off course I hoped the outcome would have been better, but nonetheless, I am happy and I already have a study schedule in my mind : D Going to enjoy this trip though, but taking course books with me :-)

Actually Bee, we bought our Samsonite cases in the States, from K Mart I think and they were a fraction of the price that they are here - we took old luggage with us and ditched it congratulations

I haven't flown in 5 years, but in my mind I'm fairly sure that all airlines have their own luggage policy - these days it can be quite a money spinner, hence reducing allocations and charging for extra.

People calling in to the radio from Northumberland, where the village ring of steel is in operation, some of them sound quite scared.
Police have cleared the streets and people have been told to lock themselves in, including obviously, the schools.

The 2 men who were hostages yesterday have both been arrested on conspiracy to murder.

This is the second major northern 'indident' in a few weeks!!!

There sure are some nutters out there.

I know and there was another one the other day - Raoul Moat from North East - shot his ex girlfriend, killed her new BF and shot someone else.

Bee, that's the one I'm typing about honey.

Sorry playmates, have to go for a while.
Laters
x

Oh OK Zoonie - yes it's still horrible.

Have a grear day - I will be logging off soon myself

Lol, either I smell bad or I said something wrong, cos I scared everyone off.

Oh well, then I'm off too.
See you in a while I guess

I'm still here but I guess you are not.

When you read back - Have a great time and I want to hear all about it when you come back

Good morning. Sad day here, we are going to have to put Robin's little cat Zoe down. She had been attacking the other pets yesterday morning, so we placed her on Robinson bedroom. After about an hour, she went after a sleeping robin. Three stitches to the scalp and countless wounds and scratches. Don't know what set her off, but can't trust an animal after its turned.

Hello Frannie

so sorry to hear that - hope Robin is OK, not too shaken. It's really sad about the cat but you have to think in bigger picture and not to worry to turn your back or close your eyes.

Hope you all recover soon from this "emotional trauma" as it's the invisible scars that takes longest to heal.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Bee wrote:
When you read back - Have a great time and I want to hear all about it when you come back

Thanks!!!!

Frannie wrote:
Good morning. Sad day here, we are going to have to put Robin's little cat Zoe down. She had been attacking the other pets yesterday morning, so we placed her on Robinson bedroom. After about an hour, she went after a sleeping robin. Three stitches to the scalp and countless wounds and scratches. Don't know what set her off, but can't trust an animal after its turned.

Sorry to hear Frannie - I hope Robin is doing okay!
(see you in a couple of days BTW)

--

okay guys, just leaving a little note saying that I'm leaving tomorrow and will be back home on July 24th (I'll be back home then, but guessing I am going to be too tired to stop by because of the jetlag). So see you later!!

Take care!

hello everyone.

It's horrible cloudy and little bit rainy day and I barely slept last night.

Will miss you BG but will be looking forward to hearing all about your trip and meeting "gals" when you come back.

Good Morning Everyone

Frannie, completely understand the element of mixed feelings, but after that you can't let your hearts rule your head.
I posted on your FB wall too - hope Robin heals ok.

BG, again, have said it Bon Voyage, have a good and safe journey, and a WHOLE LOAD OF FUN take some European best wishes across the pond from us lot to our American chums!

Bee, what a horrid dull day - and as we were just noting on FB a sad day for London and anyone who had any experience of the 2005 London Bombings.
I put my own memories there - can't explain what an awful day it was, the worry - obviously it turned out ok for our family and friends, but it could so easily have not - and all day, we just didn't know.
Am remembering those maimed, those lost and the bereaved.

It's so sad and so horrible and the weather matches it.

I am fortunate that I was nowhere near as I was not living in London at that time and none of my friends was caught up but still my thoughts go to those who were there, and to families of those who paid with their lives.

Very sad day indeed but we should be "grateful"(not sure if that appropriate word to use here) that is was not worse - it could have easily been.

Yes, it terms of loss of life it could have been far greater.
ED was 20, at Uni and living in a flat in London full time (permanently) with a flatmate. She was also working part time at a magazine for the summer.

There was total chaos, no mobile phones and no transport either.

It was the misinformation (they said there was a power surge) followed by all sorts of stories and then different events breaking out - we were wondering all day long what was going to happen next.

Luckily for us IMOM was on a temporary move to an office located in Coulsdon outside London, so he had the car and was able to leave and go get ED.
To this day I absolutely marvel that a friend I'd met up north, who'd moved to a village outside Reading, was traceable (we'd just been doing Christmas cards for a few years after both moving away from the area where we'd met and all 4 of us had been firm friends) and, that she managed to find and recognise ED.

These are the friends we occasionally meet up with now for meals in London.

Yes it's amazing how much good came out of something such horrible - lots of friendships were formed on or after the day. Or in your case were reinforced.

But there was also lots of sadness that carries on years later.

Sorry to bring the mood down.
That's the occasion marked now then.

On a totally different note, I had new furniture delivered this morning for our guest bedroom, they were here and gone by 8.15am, but one piece is damaged, so I have to go and look out my original paperwork and ring the store as they use independent carriers.
See you in a bit.

Hope it all goes well Zoonie

what's for b-fast?
I had weetabix with milk and some fruit on top of it

How did the dancing go?

apparently we started on the wrong foot! : P

havong a bagel today.
not looking forwards to my next shift
: C

Just think of the weekend - that should make it easier

I had bagel yesterday as I had no milk in the morning.
Toasted with soft cheese and salmon flakes (just using some leftovers).
I don't eat bakery products often though.

I usally dont eat bfast, especially here.
but didnt bring any diner with me, and no food at other job for another 8 hours, figured it would be best to eat now.

good thinking. I have to eat breakfast before I leave house in the morning or I will starve till 1am when it lunch time. I'm getting up at 6.30 so that's a long time to go without food.

You probably told me before but what you do at other job?

same thing
2 hotel jobs working the desk..... lots of fun *rolleyes*
lol

Just keep couunting down the shifts until the weekend..... makes it a little easier.

so it's similar to mine - I man the reception in out tiny office (while doing lots of other admin/secretarial stuff) but at least I don't have people in their underwear coming to talk to me
so you got 4 shifts left to do?

yup, not counting the current one I am on.

7-3, 11-7, 3-11, 11-7 then DONE!

I do envy you - managing double shift. I don't think I could do it. That was one of the reasons I got out of pub trade - the long hours (sometimes I had to work 6am to midnight).

now reading back - I should have said ADMIRE YOU not envy you.

Laughing I was gonna say I doubt anyone would envy what I do.

dont plan this to be long term... just until I can get things straightened out better in my life.

*blames the foreign language that everyone else speak*

of course but it's still something not many people could/would do - even short(ish) term

true. Something I wish I really didnt have to do, but I am overall lucky.
I was able to find 2 jobs that are easy to maintain and what not.

Plus, I can kind of control how my schedule works and what not.

that's good then.

Do you know if Tan managed to find home for the kittens? I have not really spoken to her in a long time.

she is still trying to tame them have a few prospective homes, but none have left yet.

When moving the 2 off the porch to a foster home to help them get more tame, they refused to eat after leaving their momma, so had to be brought back.

so far, there are 2 on the porch, 3 under a chair, and 3 more under the gazebo.

(another kitty also was jit by a car yesterday, but it was one of the wild ones, and had to be put down....)

oh no! that's sad. The kittens sound like lots of work. Do you think they are all from same litter or different litters?

there are 3 different litters (meaning at least 3 more momma cats to be fixed.)

One will be easy to catch, she is trapped on the porch.... other ones.... baits and traps will have to be set......

we are supposed to be kitten and kitty hunting some point this weekend.

Did you hear about Robin's (Frannie's daughter) cat?

inu-kijo wrote:
there are 3 different litters (meaning at least 3 more momma cats to be fixed.)

One will be easy to catch, she is trapped on the porch.... other ones.... baits and traps will have to be set......

we are supposed to be kitten and kitty hunting some point this weekend.

that sounds interesting - kitten and kitty hunting. Wild cats - are they like home cats gone ferral (spelling)?

you know I vaguely remember seeing the name somewhere..... but no I guess i really dont know what happened.

Frannie posted here yesterday about it - the cat was causing lots of problems with Frannie's animals and yesterday (I think) attacked Robin while she was sleeping so they will have to put the cat down.

Robin got few stitches on her head and lots of scratches etc.

here is the post from yesterday

Frannie wrote:

Oh geez! thats bad! : C

There was something on the news to a similar story about cats turning on people.

Always sad to ahve to put down an animal.

Hope Robin heals quickly. Frannie better watch out for Catch scratch fever int eh wounds as well..... Cat's wounds are known for being easily infected.

I would have thought that doctors cleaned the wounds well and perhaps gave her some injections when they were stitching her up.

Yes it's sad but in time like these you can't give in to what your heart say - you need to listen to your brain and protecting your family is priority. There is no point in living in fear to turn your back or close your eyes.

Maybe they can take one of Tan's kittens instead?