Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop in and say HI Thread

hello Army! How are things with you?

busy at work. So tired as I burned my arm while out on Saturday so I have not slept well since then as it's still painfull (especially the top of my shoulders)

How about you?

ouch. sounds not like much fun.... : /

hopefully you feel better soon.

yeah it's better now and I managed to sleep a little bit last night (have taken some painkillers and was sleeping without a pillow)

yeah jsut read your status and the trouble getting hte painkillers.

at least you got a little sleep.

I cannot believe that I got check for age when I was buying one box (16 tablets) of painkillers as part of my shopping!

I was using one of the self-scan check outs and it got flagged up and I had to wait for a staff member who took good long look at me before she confirmed that I'm old enough

poor thing. how annoying.
I know how that can be sometimes. but i am still young, so doesnt btoher me as much.
: D

just a hassle when you dont feel good.

I know I should be flatterd but I'm over 30 for godness sake!
I would understand if I'm trying to buy alcohol but that was not the case.

How are things with you?

Counting days till BG visits?

one time late at night I was flagged on razors...... so apparently if oyu are under 18 good luck shaving!!!

: 0

that's just rediculous - unless they though you will use it as a weapon

I had never been flagged on razors before, I was just like wtc? really?
eventually we will just have to be carded at the beginning of our check out to see if we are capable of buying our groceries.

Yes I am very excited for the visit coming up. only a little over a week now.

was just looking at what days i will have to work next week to make up for it. : /

the thing is here in UK - you don't have ID cards. You can use driving licence or passport (if you have one) to prove your age but if you don't drive then you will be forced to carry passport with you.

but it will be worth it - meeting on-line friends in RL is very exciting!

I've met some on-line friends on saturday (from Elephant parade group) and we had great time (that's when I burned my arms as I stayed out way longer than I expected so I didn't have sun cream with me to re-apply).
We met up at 11am and eventually we ended up as group of 6 going to a pub at 8pm - leaving for home about 9.30pm.

oh no Id card.... guess that does makes things difficult : C

sounds like you had a blast!!!

yes I did! It was nice being out and having a good time - don't remember last time I done that.

Some of the people I met I want to stay in touch (the ones close to my age).

thats great, always nice to meet new people!!!

hate to run, but tis that time for me!!! have a great day!

Just dropping by to say hi, Hi Everyone - hope you are all well &

Hmm, lost my last post. Did I see Marie as well? How was camping?

well I guess I must have 'just' missed both of you.. maybe next time

Wish Fairy wrote:
Evening ....anyone here ??

Hi Wish, long time no speak, how you doin'?

Cogsy - cool :-) I'm good thanks - just got back from a job in Suffolk and giving myself the evening off
How are you ? Busy with the grandkids ? LOL

...am watching the tennis

Wish Fairy wrote:
Cogsy - cool :-) I'm good thanks - just got back from a job in Suffolk and giving myself the evening off
How are you ? Busy with the grandkids ? LOL

...am watching the tennis

i'm good thanks, yes very busy with the kids. (we have 4 now) I am baking a cake, my youngest son i 30 on Saturday!! I feel terribly old

LOL - you're not old!
MMmmmm cake - I'm starving. Whot sort of cake. I suck at baking :-)

I'm just making dinner - spag bolognese.
Even poured a glass of wine.
I've been away working this week and OH has been home. He left today for Finland as I arrived back - typical.

OMG I just heard that Federer lost the tennis today !!!!!

Wish Fairy wrote:
LOL - you're not old!
MMmmmm cake - I'm starving. Whot sort of cake. I suck at baking :-)

I'm just making dinner - spag bolognese.
Even poured a glass of wine.
I've been away working this week and OH has been home. He left today for Finland as I arrived back - typical.

OMG I just heard that Federer lost the tennis today !!!!!

Its just a sponge cake but I'm going to make into the shape of Postman Pat's van, I did him one for his 1st Birthday, he will call me for everything, but will love it really.
We had a butternut squash curry for tea, with a glass of beer.
you and OH sound like ships that pass in the night. A bit like everyone on here, its rare that more than 2 people are here at any one time

Not been following the tennis, used to love it but just dont have the time, what with the footie & everything

LOL @ your Postman Pat cake - cute :-)

It's true - but we just got back from a week in Italy and then had a weekend in Nice (My Xmas pressie to my mum and dad - was really nice) so can't complain.

I see it's kind of empty - due to us having an extraordinarily good summer I guess.

Haven't heard from Gill in ages as I haven't been here - she ok ?

Gill has been having nightmare time getting the house done, just one problem after the other, She seems to be suffering quite badly with hay fever Sad

just found your petling and received 200 coins, happy days. I was away at the weekend and my 2 petlings ran away. Someone found them but only 1 was returned and now when you click on the message it says petling had been found

Aww the house - still ?? OMG - sounds awful.

Hay fever must be awful - I only suffer with thunderstorms (weird but true). I was in a meeting this morning at 9am with a woman who had been thrugh 1 box of tissues already by that time ! Must make you very tired :-(

Do you suffer with it ? I never have, but both my mum and I get this weird thing with sneezing and wheezing before thunderstorms or in peaks of humidity!

I do do suffer with hay fever but only when pollen count very high. My eldest son gets it really bad, and seems his eldest daughter is the same. Their baby is three weeks old now and she is absolutely gorgeous (yes I am biased) Alcohol makes me sneeze like mad but doesn't stop me drinking it tho haha.

We went camping at the weekend something we havent done for about 15 years, we really enjoyed it, the weather was perfect.

Thanks for looking out for my petlings ! Gosh I am a rubbish parent. They went missing last week sometime, but there was no point posting as I knew I was going to be here.
My real dogs have been in kennels for a week, but they're back with me now !

Now, tell me Marie, since I know you're a footie fan - what do you make of England's performance ?

we dont have any real pets, maybe thats why I have stuck with PS for so long,

It just doesnt seem the same anymore, to much new stuff in the shops. by the time you send anf rec all the gifts and things there is no time left to actually play the game. I have loads of stuff that I have never used

Wish Fairy wrote:
Now, tell me Marie, since I know you're a footie fan - what do you make of England's performance ?

to me it seemed like they had never met each other let alone play a game of footie. There was no passion to win. Stevie G was poor and dont know why Wayne Rooney even bothered to turn up

Yep I agree about the game and the footie.
In PS there is SO much stuff. My chest is full and I hang out around the other forum when I have the chance trying to gift stuff LOL

As for the footie - OH and I are sport mad but we don;t watch any footie. I LOVE Stevie G, but I kind of agree. It seems like the money in the League has ruined them all and they forgot what they loved about playing the game for their country!

I think we need to have a big reunion on here and try to entice everyone back. It used to such a good laugh. I seem to only see 5 or 6 people here now, so sad

I know. Maybe when the weather is not so good again, everyone will come back ! It used to be MAD busy in here.
I miss everyone.

Sorry Marie - I have to go get my dinner.

Lovely to see you around though!
Enjoy your son's birthday. (and your curry !)
xoxoxo

Bye Wish, lovely chatting with you, hope to see you very soon

Looks like I missed everyone again - was busy at work before and just got home from SW (finally losing again - three small losses in a row now)

Hope everyone's doing well

Hi everyone ... hope all is well ... my friend Michelle is looking to trade for a cotton candy from the fun eggs, if anyone has an extra, please let me know!

I havent even played with the eggs because I'm spending all my coins on digging, LOL

Sorry Mindy, haven't bought any eggs, or done any digging.
Have hardly been able to get on PS at all for days now, it just wont load.
I keep losing my connection - go and look at the router and all the lights are flickering, so I have to unplug it, wait, sometimes reboot the lap top ...
it's all been far too time consuming! Sad

Had a really difficult and frustrating day yesterday, didn't even manage to get here and say HI, sorry.
Didn't meet YD, so am off to see her today instead.

Still beautiful here, if you can stand the heat.
Boogie's back from her holiday at her mum's btw and she's asked me to send her love to everyone - she has another couple of mad weeks and then hopes to be able to get back on the forum.

mindyjoy wrote:
Hi everyone ... hope all is well ... my friend Michelle is looking to trade for a cotton candy from the fun eggs, if anyone has an extra, please let me know!

I havent even played with the eggs because I'm spending all my coins on digging, LOL

I have sent a cotton candy to you as a gift for your friend, I had 3 so dont want anything in return xx

Hi to everyone that drops by, hope you have a lovely day. Cold wet & windy here today