Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop in and say HI Thread

not much of one at all. been working like crazy
currently on hour 17 of 18 today, then have to workle another double today

by the time I make it to Friday, Im gonna need it. : P

How have you been??

went to a cinema on friday (of should I say saturday as it was 00.01 showing) - seen Eclipse and loved it.

Had huge argument with ex on sunday but I'm not losing my sleep over it.
If he wants to behave like an (now what's the polite way to say this - it involves once's backside) that is his choice and he will have to deal with the consequences later.

I think that comes with Y chromosome. He was like nothing happend when I spoke to him this morning.

Is BG and her sister coming this weekend?

yes its this weekend, and I am sooooo excited! : D

sorry to hear about the arguments. I agree about guys acting like the derrière of a donkey most always..... its like the cant help it!!! : /

it must come with Y choromosome and I think they are getting special lessons since they are born - no other explanation for that!

I will be eagerly awaiting to hear about it and see pics - how long are they staying?

leeets see Frannie is arrive around... noonish Saturday and then those Belgium kids are coming in late that night.....

Then everyone heads home sometime Tuesday... around 5ish??

I arrive Friday morning and will leave EAAAAARLY Wednesday mroning.

I wonder how much time I would need need? If/When I come to US I want to see few people at few different places (you and Tanya, Frannie in Ohio, Mary in Seattle and Lenka in Chicago).

I was thinking maybe 2-3 days with everyone (not sure how the travelling between people will be yet) - it's still way to early in planning stage.

there is someone else around in tanya and I';s neighbourhood... rina maybe???

can''t recall.....

but we would LOVE to have you over anytime!!! would be a BLAST!

I don't really know - these are people I have spoken to and they all said that I should visit.

OK now I'm going to sound a bit thick but it's been more than 15 years since I had geography at school and now I'm looking at map to note that Seattle is other side of US to Florida and Ohio.

seatlle is in Washington, right? and Ohio sort of the middle, and we are far in the southern eat area.... so its like, end middle end. ; D

OK penny dropped now - Seattle. Twilight movies.

Now I need to try to locate Chicago.
Lots of travelling!

found it - it's about 2 states away from Ohio

So I guess it would be Seatle, Chicago, Ohio and then Florida of the other way round.

so it looks like a trip from one coast to the other with few stops in between

sounds like good fun though!!!

always wanted to go to Ohio.

You should join me then Laughing

but I'm bit worried though - I don't drive and everything looks so far apart

omg... didnt mean to write ohio... no sure anyone chooses to go there... meant Chicago!!! : D

would be quite a drive from place to place to be sure!!!!

what's wrong with Ohio?

I didn't mean to drive from one coast to the other but getting to and from airports to people's homes

who is good to fly with for US internal flights?

I like to uwe Delta. Tanya uses Southwest a lot as well.....
dunno if that helps at all.....

well dear, sorry to leave, but its that time for me.

tttyl!!!!

Bye Kijo, sorry to have missed you.

Hi Bee,
I havent got any of the grandchildren today, so getting housework up to date. Dont know why I bother that much, it will be as bad as ever tomorrow when the children are back.
We are planning another camping trip to North Wales this weekend. Just hope the wind drops before then, bit of a nightmare trying to put the tent up in the wind.

Hello Marie

Camping trip sounds nice - let's hope the weather will improve for you

Let's hope so.

We have only recently got back into camping, we used to go years ago when are 2 sons were young. We cant afford the usually holiday abroad this year so we are going for quantity over quality. Hopefully we will get away most weekends over the summer. OH is a teacher so he has 6 weeks holiday so we may even get some longer trips in.

Have been reading back about your ideas of a USA trip, that would be so exciting. I would really love to travel along Route 66 in a motorhome. Just a dream really cant see it ever coming true.

I know what you mean - I have not had holiday for few years - this year I'm going to see my sister back home for 2 weeks.

Next year I want to go to US so I better start saving up now LOL

It will be wonderful for you going back home, how long has it been since you last went?

The last big holiday we had was 3 years ago, when we went to Cuba for our eldest sons wedding. Our other son got married 6 weeks later. Since then we have had 3 new grandchildren (now have 4) so have had a very expensive few years, which is catching up with us. I dont work now as I am chief childminder. We are really missing my salary, but I love lookings after the kids and at the same time helping out our sons and daughters-in-law

It's only been a year since I went home but will be nice seeing my sister again.
She is the only family I have left now.

i think it's really nice that you stopped working to help look after the kids - not everyone is blessed with grandparents like that and it must be so rewarding seeing the kids growing up

Bee lovely chatting to you, I have to get back to housework, then shopping, hope to see you here very soon

Good morning. bee if you made it to Ohio I would drive you to Chicago.

popping in really quick - sorry, not staying as I have to start packing and organizing for the trip!! Leaving the day after tomorrow and meeting Kijo, Tanya & miss Frannie this weekend!!

Okay... about exams, less good news I think.
I have 3 retakes (or resits, I always get confused), but the good news is:
- I FINALLY passed statistics (overjoyed, offcourse!!)
- the bad grades I got are not TOO bad, which makes it "bearable"
- it is manageable for me to go on this trip and study everything again

that's about it for me, I gotta go now already
will try to pop back later if I have more time to chat

See you Saturday BG. Statistics woo hoo! The rest, you know what to expect at least

cogsy wrote:
Bee lovely chatting to you, I have to get back to housework, then shopping, hope to see you here very soon

byeee Marie and good luck with the weather.

Frannie wrote:
Good morning. bee if you made it to Ohio I would drive you to Chicago.

Good Morning Frannie. Would that not be too much trouble for you? I don't want to impose too much - you are going to let me stay with you for few days (I hope) and that's more than I could ask.

@BG - hope you have a great time and don't worry too much about the exams. Congrats on passing the difficult one

No not too much at all. Is a six hour drive and I do it 5/6 times a year anyway. I know the hot spots in Chicago and would love to give you my insiders tour.

That would be wonderfull - getting insiders tour but are you sure about the drive? If I planned the trip for around the time when you would normally go then you won't have to make an extra trip.

I can do Chicago any time of year. Takes me 20 minutes to pack a bag lol

Remember, I have family there. They would like to see me once a week

I just don't want to impose too much.

Its going to be lots of planning and lots of co-ordination with people but I hope I will be able to pull it off.

Travelling from one coast to the other sounds like fun but I already know that I can't get direct flight from Seattle to Colmbus, Chicago or Jacksonville with Delta. Have not checked the other airline Kijo mentioned.

Did you have nice 4 July Frannie?

Yes had a good Holiday. Mark has had vacation all week so was nice and relaxed. I like southwest airlines, myself. Especially for Chicago, since they fly into the smaller airport.

Going to go inside and boot up computer. It's already too hot to be in garage. 2 minutes

I will have to check them out then.

Glad to hear you had a good time. I'm looking forward to my "holiday" - 2 weeks with my sister at the end of August

another thought, if airfare becomes too expensive. if you only fly into Chicago, I would still drive up to meet you and give you the tour. You have tons of time to plan, though

it's always good to 'go home'. and your sister would be thrilled tosee you, I'm sure

I have about 6 months to save up,plan etc.

I'm hoping to see you, Lenka in Chicago, Tanya and Kijo in Florida and Mary (not sure if you know her) in Seattle.