Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop in and say HI Thread

TanyaRC wrote:
wow .... what a cool story!!

that is a beautiful place. and this is near you?

All the places I mention are near us. We've just been going out in the morning and spending all day out.

Ightham Mote is about a 45 min or so drive that's all
- and most of that is because it's slow driving on some little lanes, until you get to the main roads.

that is so awesome. I know that this is a very difficult time for you. At least you and IMOM are spending the time together in an uplifting way .. does that make sense??

I will definitely be asking about places to go. OH retires next year and we are considering a trip to Europe in celebration.

Oh wow, well we'd be very pleased to see you - and, yes I can give you any help you might want about, well, about anything really Smile

Luckily IMOM and I get along really well, so we're enjoying it - just concerned for the future, but what can you do?

The future is always unknown. It is good that you and IMOM get along so well. We saw something that graded you on how successful your marriage would be. It depended on how well you could accomplish tasks together/ Obviously you and IMOM are doing great. As long as you have each other you can overcome any obstacle.

Thanks Tanya.

This will be the fourth time we've worked with each other, so it's not as though it's an unknown quantity - just that things are so much more difficult that when we've done it before, all the red tape and rules and regulations etc. - not to mention worrying that your money's going to be safe.

Of course, if there'd been any clue at all that this might be coming, we'd not have had the massive spend up doing the house etc.
But, it seemed he was doing really, really well in his new job and that's why it was such a shocker.

wowow..... so pretty ....

I hope that you are taking lots of pictures!!

Tanya, with all this going in to my shell, I missed your birthday - am so very sorry! forgive me?

Not taking all that many photos, probably because everywhere's so close to home.
This is the spot we had our picnic yesterday, although the sun wasn't showing itself much, so it probably looks a bit dull. The views over the Weald are stunning.

The picture looks awesome .. What a lovely lace for a picnic!!

Today is my birthday... you didn't miss it .. congratulations

Don't know what to say about IMOM's job. So much happens for no reason in the corporate world. Businesses open and close at the drop of a hat.

Gosh - I thought I'd missed it - I hardly know what day it is any more!!!

SO

happy-11.jpg

btw.... youwere asking for help around the forum ...

I would be totally lost in the gift registry, but would be happy to help here. I have wondered about asking for a while if you needed help, but didn't ...

I would - please
I'll ask Lea to make you a mod on here if you will. Not that it takes much, just someone to keep everyone going and together...it's much quieter, but there's a nice group of people who want to stay in touch Smile

Tan hope you are having a wonderful day

Zoonie
how are you this lovely day?

I would be honored to help out.

Thanks Bee. It has been a wonderful bday so far!!

Hiya Bee, ok thank you, a bit tired (not used to all the exercise lol) and sore eyes, but not that bad - how about you?

I just read back few pages Zoonie - you've been busy but at least I hope that kept your minds off the horrible stuff that happen IMOM.

I hope it will all work out for you two - you deserve it.

I'm doing good - can't keep my mind of planning my US trip next June (yes we are talking about it a lot here of forum last few days).

5 weeks before my trip home and 4 weeks before my trip to Bath to do some Lion Safari with a group of people I met when I was doing my elephant spotting. Train and accommodation sorted for this one - we are all meeting tomorrow evening to iron out detail. There is 14 of us going so I'm hoping that it will be good laugh

Thanks Bee.

You sound like you have some lovely breaks planned - and I'm really happy for you about that...planning is good fun too.

Zoonie wrote:
Thanks Bee.

You sound like you have some lovely breaks planned - and I'm really happy for you about that...planning is good fun too.

thank you - it's all in the fun stage of talking to people and planning - once I get to nailing down the schedule and booking flights that when the fun stops (once I know how much it will really cost).

Yes I'm very excited about it - I will get to meet Mindy in LA, Mary Callahan (not sure if you know her) in Seattle, my friend Lenka in Chicago, Frannie in Ohio, Tanya and Kjio in Florida and Savannah and maybe even a day in Washington DC.

The Bath trip - I hope it all woks out well - we are going on saturday morning and coming back on sunday evening so we'll stay one night in YMCA.

wheww ... I was worried for a minute ....
i am going shrimp hunting in your honor ...

We would have done it while the girls were here, but we ran out of time...

In Fernandina, they have big shrimp that have been painted and decorated ...

TanyaRC wrote:
wheww ... I was worried for a minute ....
i am going shrimp hunting in your honor ...

We would have done it while the girls were here, but we ran out of time...

In Fernandina, they have big shrimp that have been painted and decorated ...

shrimp hunting like in Forrest Gump?

I would love to see real lions but from safe distance Laughing (but I'm in wrong country for that unless I go to zoo)

it's contagious! I will be looking forward to see the pictures Tan.

no Zoonie - I didn't know about that one and I don't think we'll have the time when we are there to be honest but there may be another day.

We managed to get a good deals on train tickets for £9.50 one way

I think the whole UK (and now not only UK) got fibre-glass animal crazy
Elephants in London
Lions in Bath
Toads in Hull
Rhinos in Chester
Dragons in Newport
Penguins in Liverpool
someone even said sheep in Cumbria but not sure if they are real ones LOL

but I think it fun way to raise awarness and also cash for importnant issues as all the "statues" are at the end of each event auctioned for charity.

The elephants (261 of them) raised over £4 million for the charity that looks after endangered Asian elephants

ok ladies ... it is my bedtime ..

Thank you both for the lovely wishes!!

toodles ..........................

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

TanyaRC wrote:
ok ladies ... it is my bedtime ..

Thank you both for the lovely wishes!!

toodles ..........................

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

sweet dreams Tanya

Bee, they had an elephant hunt years ago in the Isle of Man (about 6 years ago I think) and a couple of years ago in Norwich, one of my online friends spent the school holidays tracking them down with her children Smile

the same charity that done the London one is going to do one in Copenhagen next year and they were in Amsterdam last year or the year before

well I was just posting stuff like - nothing is showing and it's not working

not sure about Gill's posts

mine was teh same, but this one I have to say goodbye.

ttyl!!!

Just stopping by to say goodbye.
I went off to do some gardening, thought my finger's sore (inside of 3rd finger right hand) and I'd worn a blister and it burst inside my glove - crikey that was quick! - it's now really sore.

See y'all soon x

byeee Zoonie and make sure you put some plaster on it

OK so I spent 25 mins reading back..........
So, I can see a lot of missing posts, but that seems to be fixed no.

Gill - if you come by, so sorry to hear about IMOM's job - very stressful I imagine, especially without any warning of it coming ! Sounds like you have both had a well deserved break at least

Tanya - so sorry I wasn;t around for you birthday - am hardly around at all lately and, like Gill, don't spend much time (any) playing really. Hope you had a wonderful day anyway :-)

Still very busy here, am hoping it will calm down soon, but it never seems to. Am seeing Di (Boobear) at the weekend - she is coming to visit with G&T so will be cool ...and perhaps we will see the fab Boogie too :-)

Hope everyone is ok. Have a great week.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Have fun this weekend, Wish!

Just peeking in ... although I knew no one would be here ...

hello everyone

Wish - have a great time with BooBear at the weekend

Hi! jsut back from b-fast

been looking at food recipes all day.

What is Oyster?

Oyster is a blue plastic card you can use instead of paper tickets. You can put Travelcards, passes and railcards on it, as well as credit which you use up as you travel.