Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ursula1

Bad luck in real life

This is the first time I use the "agony aunt". I suppose some day I had to explode. It's been a while since I lost my job, my father has also recently been fired and now my husband is thinking of leaving his job because he's being harassed. My family is far from here and I cannot go to console them because I am in another city, where I have no family or friends, only my hubby. I had never been worried about money until now and I only want to cry, but I remain strong for the people who love me. I don't want them to suffer more.

I needed to unburden myself, sorry. I suppose I spend more time here because it helps me to break out: (

Guest Guest

ugh! i hate financial problems in every aspect! but feel free to rant.. everyone is here to support you.

I wish i can help in some way... i pray that your family and husband gets better jobs and that all this bad luck blows over.

I have no job myself and i fear getting one. mom wants me to just worry about studies but i almost wish i can bring in extra cash (yet at the same time i just dont think i can do a job since my school is far and tuition keeps going up. i'll be 'saving' more if i just do a lot of classes and manage to graduate early.)

My mom is the only one really bringing money here since my dad well.. let's just say he has done a lot of stupid things so he really isn't doing anything helpful.. in fact he's still doing some stupid things oh well. My mom's boss at her work is being a &^%&^#% and everyone hates the boss but we can't get em' fired yet grr! boss is doing so many stupid things and treating everyone unfairly, but she does it so discreetly so its hard to report it.

although i can't compare to what you're going through, i can feel for you you since any problems dealing with jobs and money in this decade is extremely stressing and downright scary!! i hope everything works out for you. someone like you doesn't deserve this. it's so unfair how bad things happen to good people.

I'm sorry to hear that hun. Sad I really hope things get better for you and your family.

Thank you, sweeties :_)

It's just frustrating. I spent all my life studying, I have an investigation degree, a master's degree and after all those studying I started to work, thinking that all that effort will have its compensation. But it won't. I'm tired of feeling useless Sad

Guest Guest

I know what you mean.. i am starting to fear that even if i do get a doctorates degree in biology to become a doc, that i won't be able to get a job right away.

Economy is-a-failing. Sad

Ursula wrote:
Thank you, sweeties :_)

It's just frustrating. I spent all my life studying, I have an investigation degree, a master's degree and after all those studying I started to work, thinking that all that effort will have its compensation. But it won't. I'm tired of feeling useless Sad

I don't know your situation but can't you try to get a job in the same field again somewhere else? Maybe it'll be better next time. But in any case, you shouldn't sell yourself short.

hinapasha wrote:
I don't know your situation but can't you try to get a job in the same field again somewhere else? Maybe it'll be better next time. But in any case, you shouldn't sell yourself short.

I try it, I try it always, but nowadays is too hard to find job in scientific research, specially in this part of the country. Maybe if my hubby quits his job, we could move into another city and try luck there. Perhaps the things would go better in another place Sad

hun there is no wonder you needed to get this off your chest xx

Is there anyone your husband can go to for help? In the harrassement at work is against the law, and there are steps than can be taken to stop it.

Maybe suggest he start looking for another job, but stay where he is until you find something (obviously I dont know the extent of the harrassment so not sure if this will be possible)

Whatever happens hun, remember you have all of us to lean on, and if you ever need me please feel free to pm me anytime

huge hugs to you xxxxxxx

I think one of the best things I could do is talk about it, instead of keeping it for me. In fact, Lisa, my hubby is going to do that: he will look for another job first, but I'm worried because here it's hard to find any job these days. I never thought that a whole country as ours could suffer the effects of an economical disaster.

I'm happy to have you all, you keep my mind away from the bad feelings

Update.

I'm feeling much better now, because my hubby saw my sad face and gave me the bigest hug in the world :_)

awwwww!!! thats so sweet!! im sure that hes having a hard time also. you guys need to support each other thru the tough times!!

i think its great that your husband noticed how you were feeling and gave you a hug. you should be grateful that he noticed that you were down.

take cane. everything will be all right in the end ♥️

oh my !!!!!!!!! I wish i could help somehow! well, you should not give up! you can always look for a job, doesn't have to be something special, like baby sitting! that way you can meet new people! Smile and you husband should quit if the work enviroment is stressful he should be healthy first! I'm quessing he is young still and will have opportunities to find a job with a better work enviroment! and your dad I 'm sure he knows people or friends that would help him or find a job! don't give up! may be this is an opportunity to find better jobs and meet new people that will contribute to change your life in a better quality of living ! Smile I will try to think positive for you! my bets wishes!