Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaiamaiden

I just let Luna out for the first time!

My kitty Luna has been a house cat all her life, she is only 2 years old lol but with the baby on the way i wanted to start letting her outside but ive always been so nervous, im always scared she will run and never come back Sad

I just opened the back door while holding her to let her have a look and she was looking around everywhere and purring like mad, you could tell she was really excited. so i put her down next to me and she tip-toed outside and started sniffing around. but then all i wanted to do was call her back in again lol she is now purring around me in the living room.

I just feel so silly, i love her to bits, she has been my little companion for 2 years and i dont want to loose her Sad
I might let her out again tomorrow and see how she goes.

You're not the only one. I've had the same problem.

Our bond with our pets gets really big over time, so our fears of letting them outside are totally understandable. I don't let my Luna out (our pets have the same name ) on the street without a leash. That way I definitely am sure that she's ok. But your Luna is a cat!

Does your Luna respond when you call her by her name?
If so, then every time you get her out, let her sniff a little, and then call her to come inside, where she is used to live.

I'm sure she'll get used to both environments quickly!

Be carefull.. Give her time to adapt and aaaaalways make sure than when you call her she HAS to come in.. Either by voice or with food! If she doesn't pick her up and bging her in so she will learn..

And as for the baby.. 2 things.. firtst of all the fact that cats give tozopalsm is a MYTH.. I can explain why if you want but I'm a bit tired now.. and secondly NEVER leave the cat in the same room with an infant or a small child without an adult around! They like to sit on top or really close to the owner so by accident they might sit on top of the baby or sooo close that it won't be able to breath..

@lazar: Im just too soft, i love Luna to bits and i dont know what I would do if something happened to her. but the look on her face when i let her outside, it was like she was a baby seeing the world for the first time lol
Like most cats, she doesnt always come when called but she will come when food is mentioned lol

@Lucky: dont worry hun, i know all the dangers of cats around babies, thats why I am getting her used to going out before Molly is born.

Hehe!

Do you have a small or high hence??? I only ask because if she goes on the street things are different.. she may wonder far and don't listen to you... but keep in mind that cats aaaaalways go to food Laughing and to the place they consider house!