Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

More snow last night!!!

Last night it snowed again and we are covered with the white stuff. I know that a lot of people dream of a white Christmas, but I am not sure I will be happy trying to travel in it come the 22nd. Sven and I went and got train tickets for it and they cost about the same as flying. I hate the German train system (so exensive).

But, right now seems the only option because we are not keen on having car issues in the middle of a blizzard. Snow is nice if one is in one place and not having to travel, but when it comes to getting out in the stuff, it's not fun. Especially after yesterday when it rained for much of the morning, and then we had another cold snap. Now we're not only covered in snow, we have that lovely slick ice to go with it.

My in-laws said that it is so bad up in the north of the country that the schools have been closed and everything's at a standstill. How is it where you are? Here we can get out, but it doesn't feel safe to drive. Sven has an appointment today and tomorrow, and he's sticking to public transport.

When I went to take the girls to school it started to snow again...but I muttered a naughty word (under my breath of course lol) at it and it soon dissapeared :smiles:

It is still really icy here....very dangerous to walk on

I know what you mean about travelling Yvette...my parents, and my brother are meant to be coming to visit on the 18th and hope the roads are clear for them to get here!

Stay safe and stay warm :pen:

Sven told me I should update the pictures of the snow, so I am uploading them to Facebook and will post them here. Those above were taken last week. These were taken this morning.

We've had about a foot of snow over the last week ..but weather forecasters are saying it will warm up to 5C over the next couple of days before going cold again, so I am hoping a lot of it will go. Don't care too much about the gardens but its the roads and paths that are bad here..just compacted snow that has iced over.
Sven is lucky the public transport is still running ...here it just stops!! I just got really excited cos I saw a bus going past on the main road. It means if the buses can get down there then so can I .. so may try to go out in the car tomorrow. Havent' moved it for 2 weeks!

The pictures look beautiful....but after being affected by the weather for so long now, I can look at your photos and see the inconvenience and the dangers it brings Sad

Lifting that second snowball was murder. I never even imagined that trying to lift frozen water was such a chore. :tree2: