Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lazar

Chocolate Ice cake

This is not the original recipe, I am just willing to share it with my friends.

CHOCOLATE ICE CAKE
 p1050310.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
Filling I • water (200ml) • sugar (200g) • chocolate (100g) • cocoa (100g) • butter (30g)
Filling II • yolks (10) • powdered sugar (250g) • butter (220g)
For the layers • egg white (10) • tablespoons of sugar (10) • tablespoons of flower (6) • 4 spoons of the first filling (Filling 1)

Let's start!

Filling I - Put the water and sugar to boil for 5-6 minutes, then add chocolate, cocoa, butter and when the mixture equals, let it cool down.
Layers - Mix the egg white slightly, then gradually add sugar and mix it all up. Add the flower and 4 spoons of the 1st filling into the mixture, and slowly mix it all up. Then, pour the mixture into the brass (size of the bras - 25 x 35 centimeters (it doesn't have to be the exact size, it can be similar)), and bake it in the heated oven for around 14 minutes (on 200 degrees Celsius). Then let the layer cool down, and then cut it to 3 parts (cut it horizontally, make 3 layers out of 1 big layer).
Filling II - Slightly mix the yolk and 125g of powdered sugar and cook it on steam. Let the finished filling cool down, then add the previously mixed butter and what is left from the powdered sugar, and then add the 1st filling (what is left). Mix the whole thing together, so the mixture equals. Smear all 3 cut layers with the filling (the vertical sides as well). You can decorate it with grated chocolate, if you want.

Leave the cake to cool down in the fridge for an hour, and then put it in the freezer.
Tip: When you take the cake out of the freezer, leave it for 10 minutes, and then start cutting it.

Bon apetit!

*Another tip: The best decoration on the cake can be achieved with whipped cream. We've used it on our cake.
 p1050212.jpg

Here are the pictures of the cake on the outside. We've used the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles edible picture for my nephews birthday.

1)
 p1050213.jpg

2)
 p1050214.jpg

3)
 p1050215.jpg

And here are the pictures of the inside look!

1)
 p1050311.jpg

2)
 p1050312.jpg

3)
 p1050313.jpg

Hope you like the pictures, and hope you'll like the cake!

Guest Guest

I can't wait to see the pictures!
Chocolate is my favorite type of... anything!

yellownancy wrote:
I can't wait to see the pictures!
Chocolate is my favorite type of... anything!

I don't like chocolate very much, but this cake will be the best chocolate-made thing I've ever tried!
The cake is still in the freezer, we've decorated it with white whipped cream, and put a picture of teenage mutant ninja turtles which is edible!

I will edit the second post with the outside look of the cake now (just the outside look).

Just updated everything! Smile My recipe is officially done! Smile

Lazar! That cake looks sooo delicious and well done!! I bet your nephew just loved it sooo much!

ahhhh...cake!!! its my favorite!!! looking soo yummy! anything chocolate for me is nice Smile

myladyyawo wrote:
Lazar! That cake looks sooo delicious and well done!! I bet your nephew just loved it sooo much!

He did! Everybody did! congratulations Thank you. congratulations

chay wrote:
ahhhh...cake!!! its my favorite!!! looking soo yummy! anything chocolate for me is nice Smile

I don't like chocolate very much, maybe not at all, but this cake was just - PERFECTO! congratulations

Guest Guest
My goodness! That cake looks so decadent!
How do you get your whipped cream to be so thick?
It looks like it would hold forever, but I could never use mine on a cake.
I'd like to know your recipe!

yellownancy wrote:
My goodness! That cake looks so decadent!
How do you get your whipped cream to be so thick?
It looks like it would hold forever, but I could never use mine on a cake.
I'd like to know your recipe!

We've used a big knife and carefully straightened the w/cream on the top of the cake. I've took a picture of the knife with my webcam for you to see. Smile

Also, here in Serbia, we rarely use fondant on cakes. But I think fondant would really be a good idea on this cake!
I hope you'll try to make this cake someday Nancy! The cake is absolutely delicious!! Smile

EDIT: This is everything that's left from the cake Laughing
 p1050315.jpg

Yum!!!!!!! I'd like to try that...or errr, ask my sister, as I haven't the best cooking/baking skills! Laughing

elfinshadow wrote:
Yum!!!!!!! I'd like to try that...or errr, ask my sister, as I haven't the best cooking/baking skills! Laughing

I don't have the best skills, but I know the basics. I made this one with my mom. Smile

Guest Guest
It's ridiculous how this cake is so perfect!
I'm really surprised that there were any left of it at all... I would have eaten it all by myself
Oh my Gosh that would have been the nicest thing eveeeeer

BumbleBee wrote:
It's ridiculous how this cake is so perfect!
I'm really surprised that there were any left of it at all... I would have eaten it all by myself
Oh my Gosh that would have been the nicest thing eveeeeer

There is one more slice left! Laughing

esperia wrote:
wow hun sooooooooooooo yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

You should try and make it congratulations