Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
breann

Lifehouse

Helleeeooo everyone! lol. I am new here, and I realized that there was no Lifehouse thread to be seen!! I decided to remedy that. So anyway...I hereby dedicate this thread to the awesomeness that is Lifehouse.

I would love to find out that there are some individuals on here that are Lifehouse fans, so post here! Great I personally have been a fan of theirs for quite some time, and my favorite song of theirs is (and always has been) "Somebody Else's Song." What about everyone else?

This is unrelated, but I was just looking throught the emoticons over on the side and some of them are hilarious... ? ... :damn PC: ... girl fight ... hahah those are great. And can I just say that this just about sums up my dancing skills right here: Dancin Smiley hahaha

Thanks! And No Name Face is my favorite album. Very Happy

Their 5th album is coming out, hopefully this fall. '8)

I'm a huge fan, ever since "No Name Face." That and "Who We Are" are my two favorite albums, with my favorite song alternating on a regular basis but is always on one of these two albums. Smile

I saw them twice in 2007 and loved every minute of their set. And I didn't know about a 5th album but I'll be sure to buy it!

I don't know if I have a favorite song or album of theirs actually
heck I can't even remember if I have any of their Cd's at all
All I know is that I freaking love them and always have pretty much

Haha! Yes...you certainly should.

I think they are scheduling some tour dates this summer, so if they are anywhere near you, you should go!! They are INCREDIBLE live. I have taken people with me to see them who weren't even fans, but they were fans after the show. lol! They put on the greatest shows. In my humble opinion, Lifehouse and David should definitely co-headline a tour. And Matt Nathanson should open the show. Haha that would pretty much be the perfect show for me. I'd probably end up going to like, 10 shows or more on a tour like that.

Haha, did you see Lifehouse with Matt Nathanson on tour last year? I didn't get to go unfortunately. I saw them open for the Goo Goo Dolls in Summer '07 and then October '07 when they played at a local bar. They are amazing live!

I know, so amazing!! Yeah, I did see Matt when he was with them. That's how I found out about him!! I was like, wow, I can't believe I've been missing out on him haha. I ended up seeing him open for them 4 times lol... Unfortunately the first time I ever saw him was when I was having one of my worst concert experiences ever. I was upset and wasn't paying much attention to him, but then the next day everything was perfect and I was blown away, lol.

By the way, if anyone ever is planning to go to a show at the Beaumont Club in Kansas City I would NOT do it. cranky Unless they've changed management or security people...sorry, I just had to say that. lol.

^ I'm in love with your avi! I hate winter with every fiber of my being and can't wait for beach days again. Laughing

Thanks! I found it on photobucket. Very Happy Oh, and I forgot to answer you about the Goo Goo Dolls. Unfortunately I did not get to see them when they opened for the Goos. Very Sad I started going to their shows that fall, and they opened for them in the summer. I was kicking myself. lol.

You guys have to see this if you haven't. On the last show, the Goos decided to play a trick on Lifehouse while they were onstage...

I can't even describe how much I love Lifehouse. I went to see them on Saturday, and I hadn't seen them since last August (forever for me, lol). They have this song that all of their fans love, but they have never recorded it. It's just one that they do rarely and the crowd always goes nuts. The fans are always asking them to play it, but they hardly ever do. It was rumored that it was going to make it onto their last album (Who We Are), but that didn't happen. It wasn't even a bonus track, and everyone was disappointed. I have never had the privilege of seeing it live, though I have always wanted to. I have had to resort to everyone else's concert videos of it. So, the guys came back out onstage on Saturday to do their encore, and THEY PLAYED IT. I flipped out, lolol. They haven't played it in full live for about 3 years or so, so everyone is hoping and praying this means it might be on the next album, which is due out this summer. It is SO SO SO good. This was the first time I had seen them in a seated venue, so it was the first time I hadn't been in either the first or second row. It drove me nuts, lol. I was so excited to hear that song though. I wanted to run at full speed up to the stage and dance around. lolol.

I was recording at the time because I was expecting a different song to come on. So when the music starts I was thinking hmm...this isn't what I thought. Then when I realized I yell "OH MY GOD!!!" You can hear me very clearly. lolol it's so embarrassing. Since I was so far back, the video isn't much when it comes to visuals. Luckily some other people I know who were sitting in the 2nd row got FANTASTIC videos of it. I felt I had to post it on here, so everyone could hear it since I doubted anyone had. It's been around for awhile, but since I have now been to 11 Lifehouse shows and have only heard it once...haha yeah. Anyway, here it is. Make sure you hit HQ. Wink

This could easily be my 2nd favorite Lifehouse song now. I just love it so much. You can't really tell from this video, but there are actually 3 other guys onstage (in case you didn't already know). And Jason Wade usually doesn't have the beard/mustache thing he has going on here. Razz

I hope everyone likes it!!!

Wow, great vid! Ummm, Jason Wade looks good with or without facial hair, hahaha.

Ahhhh I haven't seen them in a year and a half!!! I'm having withdrawal! They are DEFINITELY a band I wouldn't mind seeing over and over and over again.

^I know, omg. I am seeing them again on April 25th. I can't wait! They'll be scheduling some more shows for sure this summer. Especially with the album coming out. They usually spend a lot of time on the East Coast, so they should definitely be over there.

Had you heard that song before?

And omg...how have I not seen your avatar pic before??? Where is that FROM?? Drool

"You and Me" was my wedding song and is a shared favorite group between me and my hubby. This is saying alot since our musical tastes are like night and day LMAO!!!! I have seen these guys in concert. July 7,2006 in Birmingham, AL....this is also the day that my hubby proposed to me during aforementioned song. Very memorable proposal and I love telling that story. I hope to be able to see them again soon. We own all their cd's and our favorite is "No Name Face".

Until then I'm just stuck going to see that hawt rocker guy in concert...what's his name Dale Cook or something like that Razz !!!!! Just awful aint it Wink

Oh and on a related note, the guy that directed David's CBTM is the same one that directed Lifehouse's Hanging By A Moment. Just a tidbit I thought I'd share with ya'll!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I found that out last week. Did you read it on here?? If you did I was probably the one that posted it LOL. I read it and was like, OMG!!

That is so cute about You and Me!! I was in the Chicago House of Blues at a show last year and some longtime fans did just that. Jason even announced it onstage and everyone was looking at them when the guy proposed, lol. It was neat. I would totally go for that, but I think I would want someone to propose to me during a different song. Don't get be wrong...I love You and Me, but it's not my fave. That would be so awesome to be proposed to at a concert during your favorite song!! *dies* LOL

I hadn't heard that song before, but it was really good! I've found at their shows that "Storm" is a VERY popular one (they had recorded a version of that before they were Lifehouse, if I'm not mistaken?), and people chant for them to play it. I think my favorite song of theirs will ALWAYS be "Simon."

I just changed my avi last week. I forget what photo shoot this is from, but he's gorgeous, ain't he?!? Wink

Absolutely gorgeous, lol.

And yeah, they did record Storm before. When they were still Blyss. Have you heard that version? It's not all that different than what they put on Who We Are I don't think. They don't play Storm...ever, really. I have heard Jason playing a few lines or so at a show some people I know went to, but that's it.
I have a lot of the Blyss songs. Some of them were on No Name Face. The old versions are interesting, lol.

Simon is so very awesome. That song is a lot of people's favorite, because a lot of people can relate to it. It has actually changed lives. And the live version is great. I love the song and I can really relate to it as well, but Somebody Else's Song has been my favorite since No Name Face came out (almost 10 years ago!!). I can't even explain why. My best guess is that I just adore the music in it. Plus the lyrics are so well written and amazing...

I could go on and on about Lifehouse all day. LOL Very Happy

I haven't heard any of the Blyss songs and I haven't been able to find them anywhere! Which of them made it onto No Name Face? That album blows me away, lyrically. Nowadays I need to be in a mellow mood to listen to it, but it has gotten me through some tough times, no doubt. And Simon live is a religious experience in and of itself.

They played Storm at Jones Beach when they opened for the Goo Goo Dolls! I didn't realize it was so rare, but the guy next to me turned to his friend and was like "STORM!!!" in this whisper of total awe.

And I agree with you, I could go on and on about how great this band is! It's so awesome to talk to somebody who loves them as much as I do! Great

Hmmm...let me think. Unknown, Cling and Clatter, Trying, Somewhere In Between, and Breathing were the Blyss songs that all made it onto No Name Face. A lot, I know! They all sound a bit different than they do on No Name Face, but I guess that makes sense lol. They are the same in general, though.

hahaha what that guy did sounds like what I did when I heard Crash and Burn lol.

I am getting more excited about their upcoming album...I can't wait until they announce a release date!! Yahoo!

And I am so glad to find someone on here who loves them too! It's so great. I think it's sad that they have so much talent but yet they aren't as recognized as they should be. I guess that's good for the fans who wait all day for the front row, though. Not as much competition as there would be if they were more popular. hahah that's horrible, but oh well.

Oh I love how easy it is to get close to them at their shows! They played at a bar on Long Island and I was less than 20 feet away. A far cry from just trying to be in the same vicinity as U2, my other favorite band!

Oh I love how easy it is to get close to them at their shows! They played at a bar on Long Island and I was less than 20 feet away. A far cry from just trying to be in the same vicinity as U2, my other favorite band!

I know! Well, it depends on the venue most of the time, but yeah. Sometimes the barricades are a few feet from the stage, but other times there aren't any at all!! I remember one time when there weren't any barricades and the stage was insanely small, I was leaning my arms on the stage and one of them was almost stepped on by Ben, hahaha. Bryce was right in front of me, and he was so close the whole time I could have just reached out my arm to touch his leg, haha. I had to crane my neck to look at him though, lol. Him being really tall didn't help that situation. Razz

And I'm curious...have you ever met the guys? Has anyone (except Karla, lol) met them? They are some of the nicest guys ever, I swear. *sigh* Awww Love

I have never met them, unfortunately. They all do seem like genuinely awesome guys! Maybe someday...

That's so funny that Ben almost died that night from tripping over appendages. Razz

Hahaha, yeah. I was a little concerned about Bryce stepping on me too, but he didn't. lol. Sometimes if you go out by their bus after the show they will come out and talk to people. I have to tell you though...there were a lot of times where I went out there and waited and they never emerged from the bus. I was like c'mon, dudes!! *sigh* lol. I love them anyway though. haha. Razz

Here's a pic I took on 10/6/2007 in Ft. Wayne, IN. Great

And I didn't take this one, but I like it. haha

I don't know why I'm posting all this stuff, lol, but everyone should watch these videos. They are hilarious!!!

On the first one I love the part at 0:34, lol!!
And on the red one I love Jason's face at the end, hahah. So awesome. HeartHeartHeart

C'mon, people!! Where is the Lifehouse love?? LOL. They are way too awesome for their thread to have no new posts in so long. What is UP with that?? lolol.

Ok, I posted this on the Lifehouse/Daughtry thread, but Lifehouse's single "Halfway Gone" is coming out the 27th of this month, and their album "Smoke & Mirrors" will be out December 8th!

However, it's already been released in the Philippines and some radio stations are playing it. I'm on a Lifehouse message board and we managed to get some recordings, and someone made a youtube video! So, if anyone wants to hear it...

*sigh* I LOOOOVE these guys. Awww Love

@CHRIS_Daughtry Happy to see the song I wrote with Jason and Richard Marx made the new @lifehousemusic record! From what I've heard the record KILLS!!!

@CHRIS_Daughtry Check it out! bit.ly w3gdz

Looking forward to this album...drops three days before my birthday.

OMG you guys... I cannot TELL you how thrilled I am!!! Lifehouse is going to be touring with Daughtry this spring. O. M. G. The only way this could be better is if they were touring with Dave. I can't believe this!!!!!!

@breann wrote:
OMG you guys... I cannot TELL you how thrilled I am!!! Lifehouse is going to be touring with Daughtry this spring. O. M. G. The only way this could be better is if they were touring with Dave. I can't believe this!!!!!!

How'd you find that out?
that's one tour I gotta see if it comes anywhere close to where I live
I LOVE LIFEHOUSE AND I LOVE DAUGHTRY BOTH

I found out when Chris Daughtry tweeted about it last week!! I cannot WAIT. The tour dates have been released, and of course there aren't any in Indiana. I didn't expect there to be because there were 2 shows here on the last let of the LTT tour. But I am not going to let anything keep me from making it to one. There are 4 or 5 I'd like to go to, but since they're going to be so expensive (I'm assuming, because they were last time) I'll probably only get to go to one. Trying to figure out which one that will be, lol,

Here's the link. They were just posted a couple of hours ago. It hasn't been confirmed which ones have Lifehouse opening, but I must find out. lol. I do know that Lifehouse said they were joining the tour on March 18th. I'm thinking about either the Milwaukee show or the Rockford, IL show. I don't know when they go onsale, either...

http://www.daughtryofficial.com/us/tour?....age=yes&page=42

***oh, and by the way. I don't know if anyone on here keeps up with Lifehouse news, but the album released has been pushed back (again and again and again...) to February 23rd.

looks like the closest one to me is freaking newwark NJ
guess I'll have to figure out a way to go to that one if any which I hopefully will cuz I LOVE lifehouse and Daughtry both

I hope you can make it! It's sure to be a great show. Lifehouse is the greatest band live I've ever seen (don't throw things at me! I love Dave...)!! I have to drive over 3 hours to get to any of the shows, but it is so very worth it. I have driven to Kansas City (8 hrs from here) just to see them. Then right after that show I drove 4 hrs across Missouri to St. Louis so I could see them the next night, lol. Ah, the memories.

Oh, and I don't know what I was thinking up there, but the album release date is now March 2nd, not February 23rd. February 23rd was what it was before they pushed it back the final time, lol...sorry about that.

yea I hope I can make it too
but chances of me being able to make it to concerts I wanna go to are pretty damn slim anymore
and actually Newark isn't really all too close to where I live it's just the closest of all the dates but yea

Awesome, tickets go on sale later this morning and with my recent sleeping patterns, I'll never be awake by then, lol.

I LOVE Daughtry and Lifehouse though, and they're playing 10 minutes away from my house, so I NEED to go!

Awesome, tickets go on sale later this morning and with my recent sleeping patterns, I'll never be awake by then, lol.

I LOVE Daughtry and Lifehouse though, and they're playing 10 minutes away from my house, so I NEED to go!

lucky you you get a show that's close by to you

Here are clips of 5 songs from the album and videos of them talking about those clips, lol. I've heard 30 second clips of all the songs that are going to be on the album, and it's going to be great. My favorite song thus far is "Smoke & Mirrors." A few of them I can't get into just from the clips, so I guess we'll see. lol. There are also going to be 5 bonus tracks, one of which is "Crash and Burn," which they have been performing off and on for years and they are just now recording it (even though the fans have been begging for a recording for years). It sounds amazing. I cannot WAIT for this album! I am counting down the days...

http://www.lifehousemusic.com/smokeandmirrors/

You can log in to that site with your twitter or facebook ID's if you don't have an account on the LH website, I believe.

Oh, and FYI...they totally messed up on some of the song titles on there. Obviously "Smoke & Mirros" is supposed to be "Smoke & Mirrors," and "Here Today Gone Tomorrow" is actually supposed to say "Here Tomorrow Gone Today." lol...

Breann, looking forward to the album and their show in Nashville that I'm trying to get closer seats too? Question, is it easy to meet them after show?

Well it is easy to meet them after the show if they're headlining, but I'm not sure about when they open. I'm not sure if they'll do the thing a lot of openers do and go out in the lobby after they're done with their set. I'm hoping they do, because I would really like to talk to them lol. I know some people wait for Daughtry after the show. I did that when I saw them in October and the bands who opened for them came out there as well.

I wish I had a better answer for you. A lot of times it also depends on how well Jason is feeling. Sometimes you'll only see Bryce and Ben, sometimes only Jason...it just depends. But I can tell you I have seen Rick the least of all of them, lol. It's kind if annoying, but I guess he's just not as social as the other guys.

I hope you get to meet them! They really are such nice, great guys. I might be able to give you a better answer a couple of weeks or so into the tour, because I know some people from my Lifehouse message board who are going to shows in the beginning of the tour and they will definitely be trying to talk to them.

I only "discovered" Lifehouse some months ago.
And now they turned into a HUGE crush !
I have all their music, videos, and joined his communities and signed a Petition to bring them to Brazil.
Now I share my time between David & MWK & Lifehouse !!
I hope I could see them LIVE soon !! They're really awesome !! Awww Love