Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

The Signal & Sentiments Part IV

Dear David,

So take a minute just to breathe, and think of everything you wanted, and what you got instead.

I’ve used your amazing, amazing lyric so often, and keep coming back to it, circles… I’ve most often used that lyric to describe how I feel about this whole Word Nerd journey, about wanting simply to find a singing “Idol” and getting not just wonderful music from you, and insight into your wonderful person, and inspiration, but, most unexpectedly, a wonderful community to be a part of. And maybe it’s like the Rolling Stones song and you can’t always get what you want , but sometimes… you get what you need. I think I needed this community, though I had no clue that I was missing feeling part of a community at the time.

Now… now I really miss the Word Nerd community, the way it used to be. I miss the people who I thought were in this for the long haul but lost interest in the community along the way, one by one, disappearing slowly like a song fade so that you can’t even really pinpoint the moment it ended and you lost them. Some come back, which is such a blessing, but some truly amazing people are just… gone. They used to care so deeply but they don’t participate in the community any more. They don’t have time any more, because the community and you are not important enough for them to make time for any more. It’s like they’ve “been disappeared” a’la Catch-22. I am so thankful for all the great people who have stuck by you, and the Word Nerds though, more than I can say.

I miss having a big group of people who care about each other, and about you, more than their own personal agendas. Who don’t compete for your attention or for anything at all, other than wanting you to win, lol. I miss frequent conversations of more than 140 characters at a time, not nearly enough words to express anything of any significant depth. I miss specific people I will not name. A lot of them.

I miss people, including myself, writing you Sentiments like this, being open with you and at the same time with each other since we all can read them. And I miss everyone going gaga when we see you give us The Signal. To me, every time you do it, it still moves me as much as the first time. In fact, seeing you do it, two whole years after the first time, on TV again a few weeks ago may have moved me even more than the first time. It’s like… the way things were still means something to you too. And that you’ll never forget us, all of us, no matter how many of us drop out. That you know some of us aren’t going away, and appreciate that loyalty, but still love everyone who was a part of it, even if they’ve disappeared.

I don’t know if you read any forums any more or if you too have gotten sucked into the totally disjointed 140-character “conversations” of the twitterverse to the exclusion of traditional forums. I hope you do still come to forums (not just this one), because having more than 140 characters, and things flowing in threads that have some cohesion, I feel is a much fuller, much richer conversation, and I hope you read the depth of what those still here have to say. And the humor.

So few of us are left, those who truly care, about each other, the community, you. I miss it. What I got instead is a flower with many petals having been plucked now, one by one. But I’m not letting go of it. The people who still care still mean the world to me. And no matter what in RL happens to make me too tired and beaten down to be here for them, I come here and I’m there for them because that’s what matters in life. The people in your community, your family, whatever definition of family you choose.

I’m looking forward to the Race for Hope this weekend, to bonding with old friends, maybe making new, and all of us being inspired yet again by you. If I don’t see you, or if I do and yet again manage to NOT say what I want to, then I hope you hear this “thank you.” Thank you for everything you’ve done for us. I'm sure if I don't see you to say it, a lot of other people will so you'll hear it so it's okay if I don't get to. I feel like a failure for not having kept us all together better, more, stronger, longer, but I hope you are still proud of all you have done for all of us. And you can take a minute just to breathe, and think of everything you wanted, and what you got instead.

Love always,
Stacy

David,

Can I just say just how stoked I am for your new record and subsequent tour. Just can't get here quick enough. I'm alright with the fact that you are taking your time on your sophomore effort. I feel it'll be even bigger than DCTR.

Hope you have a great time in Washington, D.C. this weekend doing all kinds of good!!!

Toodles,
Jamie

Dear David,
So a year ago, at last year's Race For Hope, I learned exactly what a hero was. It was someone who was brave, compassionate, classy and so many other amazing traits. A hero doesnt have to be someone in tight spandex who saves civilians from monsters or evil villians at all. It's actually the farthest thing from that for me.
I always knew that I looked up to you from the time you were on Idol. I wasnt exactly sure why I did but I just knew that there was always a support from your music and your actions that made me want to change and also made me feel like things were always going to be okay.
That day, I learned so much about how to be as a person. I couldnt have imagined what you were feeling that day and how devastated you had to have been. All the fans were hurtin as well. But you put on a brave face and ran the race anyways even though the situation at the moment was truly horrible. It showed me the best example of perserverance that I have ever seen.
Now a year later, I still think that you've only proven yourself to be more of a hero than everyone originally thought. While other celebrities go out and ruin their lives, you only go out and change the lives of everyone you come in contact with. It's a really remarkable trait to have.
My thoughts are with you and your entire family in what I can imagine being a tough time for you all. But I know that your brother is probably rediculously proud of you. Just like we all are.
Love Always,
Mal

Guest Guest
Dear David,

I'm so proud to be a fan of yours. Every day, but this weekend more than ever. What you are doing to support finding a cure for brain cancer is amazing. Even more amazing is how obvious the "Hope" part of the Race For Hope is. To look at the faces of the survivors is to understand what hope really is.

I have had six friends and former co-workers who have had brain cancer. Six! Sadly, five of them have lost their battles. The sixth is in remission and doing well. All of them were brave and strong and fought hard, and never gave up hope. The RFH has brought their memories to the forefront of my mind this weekend, and I want to share one of their stories with you. It's a sad one, but it also exemplifies the character of this woman, and her commitment to hope.

Stephanie was 32 when she suddenly one night started having seizures. A trip to the hospital emergency room ended with a diagnosis of an inoperable tumor, and aggressive chemo and radiation treatments were started right away.

Two weeks later, a blood test revealed a devastating and unexpected problem... she was about 3 weeks pregnant. They stopped all treatment immediately while they talked to her about it. They wanted to terminate the pregnancy. They told her that with the medicines she had been taking, there was almost no likelihood she could carry the baby to term, and if she did the baby would have massive problems and "a poor chance at a good life."

She and her husband had been trying for years to have a baby. She refused to allow them to terminate the pregnancy. She told them she had faith that everything would work out. They argued with her... told her that she was signing her death warrant, and that since she couldn't take the necessary medications to control her seizures while pregnant, she might die before she even had the baby. She calmly told them that it would be alright. They graphically described the birth defects she should expect because of the chemo and seizure medicines she had taken already. She said that what was meant to be, would be.

Her husband begged her to reconsider, and she told him that he had to understand that she had an inoperable brain tumor. That whether she had the baby or not, she wasn't likely to be alive in five years anyway. That this was her chance to live on, and to make a difference in the world. They both cried, and then they stood together and told the doctors to just do whatever they could to help her have this baby. So with no medicines, and with only a very limited radiation treatment focused just on the tumor, she went forward.

And something amazing happened. The seizures stopped. The tumor shrunk. The pregnancy continued. And eight months later a miracle occurred, when her beautiful and completely healthy son was born. The doctors were stunned, but test after test revealed that he was absolutely fine. She just smiled and said, "I told you so."

Her cancer came back with a vengeance about a year after he was born. She fought hard to live for him, but she ultimately lost the battle shortly before his third birthday. A couple of months before she died, she told her husband, "I'd do it all again exactly the same way. How can you look at our son, and not feel hope for the world? I'll be gone, but I won't be. I'll be here in him. He is my legacy."

That little boy is ten years old now. He is a joy to his dad, and to his grandparents. He is her legacy, and he knows how strong and brave and committed to him she was.

This could be a very sad story, and of course it is... but it's also a story of hope. And it is why this cause is so very close to my heart. Because so many beautiful and wonderful people are lost every year to this devastating disease. But their strength and determination just makes us all stronger and more determined to beat this thing. And we will. Thank you for helping raise awareness. Thank you for making this more public. Thank you for just being you.

Someday, brain tumors are going to be a thing of the past. I know that, with the same sense of sureness that Stephanie had when she knew her baby would be fine. Because of people like the ones at the National Brain Tumor Society and ABC2. Because of the people who ran and walked the RFH, who volunteered, who donated. Because of people like you.

Love always,

Jeannie

Dear David,

Wow. This last weekend, the Race For Hope, and everything and everyone associated with it did more to rejuvenate my spirit than anything in recent memory. I can't thank you enough for all that you have brought into my life and inspired in so many good people. But, as I think I've said before, I'll never stop trying to. Wink

The Race. I wrote about it in the Race thread, but then thought, I clearly should put my thoughts and feeling in here as well, since these get printed and bound into volumes for posterity, and you'll have them forever on your bookshelf to look back on when you wish. Maybe someday you'll twitpic a photo of yourself in your home, and the bookshelf with the growing S&S library will be in the background, with the Declaration Tour book, and others you've received from your loving fans, and your pervy ones, lol.

The Race. First, all that I wrote about missing in my last Sentiment, I feel connected to again, and so much more. The friends I've made because of you, and continue to make, connections, love of any variety, are one of the things life is really about, right? It's good to have a time and a place that is truly special so that you imprint the memories of them, and the people you share it with, forever in your mind. And build up again what time inevitably slowly erodes when you are not feeding it moments.

The Race day began when I was awoken by true friends, and got ready and went down to the team meeting spot, where I got to see the enormity of the team, even just the part of the team that was physically present was very impressive. Then you came and gave us a pep talk, words of wisdom I'm sure but I don't remember hardly a word of them, lol. I was just soaking up the energy and loving you adding your tremendous energy to our mix.

To the Race start line, where I was surprised to see you soon thereafter, leading the survivors to the start line, with Heroes broadcasting on the loudspeakers. You were holding this tiny girl's hand in that magical way you have of connecting with children everywhere you go. I sang the sing-back part of Heroes and some runners near me were not impressed with my singing ability (and I don't blame them) but how can I not sing along "But you're still standing"? It was impossible not to. Because of the song. And you. And the Race.

At the start I was with two beautiful people I am lucky to call friends, and a third there to support but not run, but soon after the start I was jogging and they were walking so I was without them. When I got about 1/3 of the way through, I saw you coming back the other way - hot DAMN you've gotten fit! It encouraged me. Almost 1/2-way through I had to walk a bit, then jogged some more, then walked again. As people passed me or I passed them, I kept reading the "In honor of" names on people's backs. I didn't know any of them, but it reminded me of an old friend of mine, who I lost to a brain tumor. I pictured him before he got the disease, playing his horn in the band with me, and I also had a clear, sharp memory of meeting his father at his funeral. And his father's smile. He was so proud of his son, and so happy to meet us, his son's college compatriots, so he could share with us and us with him our memories of him.

I didn't have Tom's name on my back, but it was like he was there, and I picked it up and jogged the last 6 blocks faster than I did the first. I finished strong. My time was 43:10, thought I didn't start at 0:00 because I wasn't to the start time for a while, so I'm going to call it 41:00. But the last six blocks of the race were amazing. I'm sure it happens to a lot of Race runners, but I had this little epiphany, thinking about how a lot of the people around me were racing with someone at their side, but I was racing alone. Thinking about being alone in this Race, but not alone at all, being a part of this thing, this amazing thing, and being with all these people in an amazing way. Thinking about how hard it was to race since I'm been trying to get in shape since late January but haven't gotten that far yet. Thinking about how it's analogous to someone battling the disease. In one way, they are each all alone - no one else is going through what they are. But they are not alone. They are surrounded by loved ones battling the disease with them, and people they don't even know battling with them; and, as insignificant as I am, I am somebody because I am a part of that. And surely I can push myself harder since it's nothing compared to what they go through every day. I'm sure that's what the race part of the Race is all about, and I hope that most (hopefully all) the participants truly get that. And I hope those of us who share our stories with those who could not be there help them truly get it too. Because that is the other thing life is all about - doing things for other people, out of true empathy.

It's easy to get caught up in the minutia of everyday life. It's a privilege to be able to get out of my head and expand myself to be a part of something as amazing as this, with amazing people, including a whole team full of people inspired by one enormously amazing person: you. So, once again, thank you. During the closing speeches, we wound up on the side of the stage, kind of on the back side of the Wall of Hope. From there I could not help but see you waiting in the wings directly across from us off the other side of the stage. But not waiting, actively engaging the people around you who wanted to meet you. I saw you smile a true smile and laugh a true laugh and maybe I read too much into expressions, from afar no less, but I thought I could sense that sense of peace emanate from you too, that aura one gives off when they are truly in a good place in their life at the moment. It's like happiness but it's something much deeper than that. I hope I read right, because you certainly deserve it. And of all people, I know you have the capacity to truly get it. All of it. Only a fraction of with I'm capable of writing about today.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Can I just say how much of an inspiration you are? Seriously!! You have the biggest heart I have ever seen. You truly do wear it on your sleeve. You are simply amazing...... inside and out!

Thank You for being that way <3

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Guest Guest
Hi David,
I wanted to share with you my experiences in Washington DC this weekend. I know you were there and you have your own experiences flooding your heart and mind right now. But I wanted to tell the Race story from another perspective. Today I ran(okay I walked and not all that fast) for my dad in law who lost his battle with brain cancer 16 years ago.

This weekend could have been about pain, loss and heartache. Instead it was about friends, family, music(my first time hearing Phil's music and it was great), hope, love, support and strength.

At about the halfway point this morning I was pretty much a puddle of sweat supported by two aching feet when a man in a wheelchair wearing a yellow survivor's shirt blew past us. Inspiring would be a huge understatement. Over the past few years I have lost my husband, my home and at times could not find any hope for a brighter future. But right now I have my two amazing children, I have two great jobs, supportive and loving friends and today I found hope in my heart again.

This weekend started out as a way to get away with friends and support a cause that you believe in. But it ended up not being about me or even about you. It became all about 11,000 people showing unbelievable strength, hope and unity.

So thank you for this weekend. Always remember that no matter how many albums you sell, no matter how many sold out concerts you have, no matter how much money you make....Your greatest accomplishments in your life will always be the moments when you inspire people to work towards a cure and bring a spark of hope to their hearts.

Get some rest and then go make us some more beautiful music!
Barb

Hey David!

where should i start? how about thanking you for joining the Race of Hope in DC this year ( must've been painful for you and your family no doubt) and being an active part of the brain tumor research community. it's amazing to see you wearing you heart on your sleeve like that, even sweating bullets just to finish up that race. but even if i couldn't be there ( was there in spirit), i was genuinely touched to see pictures showing you crossing that line and holding hands with little kids, cancer survivors nonetheless and that look of pride and joy all over your face said it all. Please know that it's your selfless act of generosity and kindness that we (wordnerds) gravitate more to. it weighs more than records being sold, than all the crap you see in the life of the rich and famous! ( you know that well enough). and it makes me so happy to see that it'll never change. that giving back in that way is a huge part of who you are! Smile ! anyway, it makes me more aware of what i can do in my community ( i lost many friends and family members to cancer even brain tumor), and i want to be a part of the next walk of hope that'll b done soon this summer in my hometown of Montreal! i want to be there not just in memory of those i lost but for those who survived cancer like my mom who i thank God everyday is an ovarian cancer survivor (it's been 6 years).

Anyway, just wanted to say thousand of thanks!! and hopefully, i'll try to make it next year to the Race of Hope in DC! even more so, will try to train for it.
so don't forget: no matter how tough it can get for you (for obvious personal reasons) to be so involved in that cause, you're giving hope for people who are still fighting cancer everyday and for them, we should never stop this fight. ever.

You're such a great inspiration to me!

Thank you so much!

Stephora aka cookienerd0006
Declaration tour '09:13/03;23/05;03/08;04/08;02/10;03/10;14/11;16/11

Hi David Wow This past Month has been busy for you , You have been on Idol 2 x and hopefully a third with the possiblity of a new Single at the Finale????? Please! Were all getting a little bit antsy pants for some new DC music. I have to Commend you for the Race for Hope . What a Great Time it was for you and your family and for all of the WordNerds that were there for you and the Cause Your a Hero to all of us and we all love how you always seem to inspire all of us in one way or another. Another great thing that you did that we were all a part of was Idol Gives Back your segment was very inspiring and so true you give everyone such great Hope thats why we all love you and every thing you do . You are a True Hero and I LOVE YOU TO BITS
Jan
Rochester NY
xoxoxoxoxoxooxxoxoxooxxo You deserve alot more of these. Angel LoveAngel LoveAngel Love

Hey David,

it's been awhile since I've written in here...sorry. lol haven't been coming on here as often as I used to. but I just wanted to come in here and say a few things.

I really love you.
you always make me feel better.
you always put a smile on my face.
you make me giggle like a little kid with some of the things that you say, and come up with.

you're a beautiful human being, inside and out.
you have such an amazing heart...I wish all people were as kind and caring as you.

you'll always find a die-hard fan in me.
and if you're still making music when I'm 60, I'll be at your shows singing every lyric and every word back to you.

I love you so much dude, and I can't wait to meet you one day... AND hopefully keep my composure long enough to tell you so; face-to-face. Smile

anyway.. hope all this gushing makes you feel good about yourself. Wink hehe!

LOVE YOU so, so much!
-Amber (iLoveDC)

Dear David,

A year ago it has been sleepless weeks for me. Yet, those sleepless weeks were splendidly awesome cos I was so excited upon seeing you. This day last year, while I have been busy finishing things I was informed that you have arrived and without breathing I turned the tv on and waited to see you. Indeed, you were on the tv with your lovely face. The days that followed were one of the happiest days in my entire life.

A year has passed yet I can still go back and confidently say that I want it to happen again. I'm not sure when will you be coming back here in the Philippines but I sure hope that it'll be soon. Soon enough to answer these dreams. Soon enough to make another stupid grin on our faces. Soon enough for us to be captured. Soon enough to make our hearts refreshed.

Setting that aside, Race for Hope lived to it's title. I'm left with an important feeling which is proud to be your fan. You are my hero and people needs a hero like you. It was election time in the Philippines and everyone's wearning bracelets supporting their candidates and yet I'm wearing bracelets to support the wonderful cause to fight cancer. I prefer it that way.

You have set a mark and we'll follow it. You have made us proud and we'll always be there to support you. You are our hero and forever you will be.

Le gra go deo,
Jovelyn

David Dear,

Saw you first time upclose same day last year!!! Just want to let you know. *grinning like an idiot*
The presscon was superb. Can still remember the band clapping for you and you saying hi to them.LMAO

Love the memories.

Le gra go deo,
Jovelyn

Dear David,

Alright, I'm on a roll. Last year I can't seem to keep myself in a peaceful state before the concert. The only time I was on my seat was when LO played and I was singing and waving my hands. I badly need another concert! Not just any other concert but yours. And with that, I hope I wouldn't bore you with this one. This is a blog I made about the concert last year.

And so.... the EPIC show started.. it was a blast, pure bliss, heaven, euphoria. Seeing David came out from underneath the stage is like the epitome of what happened on his life. Too much drama, let's proceed to the concert. So he began playing The World I Know, I'm off my seat, went closer to the stage, which I think aligned to 7th or 6th row upfront. I was teary eyed. Then came Heroes which I really love. The band was to die for. He continued with Mr. Sensitive, and I continued with my singing, screaming, head banging, jumping while trying to press the button of the camera to take pictures. I kinda looked around me and was surprised to see guys head banging and singing their hearts out too. He greeted Magandang gabi and continued with Declaration, which is a total hit. It drove the crowd wild once again. Then he said his piece about ABMB, hinted that the song may or may not be a hit in the country. The song was the 2008 number 1 song on most radio stations. It was the first time that he sang it with a full band and I'm gonna say not being biased and not because I love EEB with all my heart but it was better than being accompanied by girls voice as it's second voice. It's amazing hearing Andy singing it. You gotta love the crowd singing along aswell.

I was hoping for a MWK song and he did sing Make Me. I know that Andy won't be the one singing it cos most Filipinos were kinda unaware of Andy's background. Still my heart wanted Andy to sing it. Maybe next time.I just enjoyed the moment and sang my heart out. Avalanche came in next which was a hit aswell. I love the song and it's heart wrenching melody just lingered until the song was done. Little Lies was next and how I loved Neal's solo!!! I'm caught, hook, line and sinker. He started talking about how thankful he is, he said Salamat then he added the word PO to salamat and making a comment about so close on acing it.

I knew that David saw the banner, but my heart and my feet flew inches off the ground when he called Neal. I knew that very moment that he'll be talking about it. So he called Neal..

David: Neal, Neal, come here, come here. Did you see this *while pointing out to Neal what he's supposed to look at* This girl wants to marry you. Neal drawing his hand on my direction with his priceless smile. David then shifted the mic and let Neal speak. Neal said 'OK' and seriously I jumped and screamed. It's not a yes but it's OK. I think David was surprised to hear Neal's answer too.LOL. Then he added raising both hands as Neal walking back raising his hand too, 'Who knew, we'll find love tonight, look at that?' He dedicated CBTM which was the next song as our wedding song. As the song was playing and he's singing it, I was oblivious on what's happening around me. All I know is that it is my song and Neals, and I'm loving it. I sang my heart out.

I was flying from that moment until the end of the song because he was out of the stage. He went back of course and started singing LO. Chel who was beside me when David mentioned my proposal went back to our seats and I went back too. We had our glowsticks and headband which glows and started singing Light On. Then it was Bar-ba Sex... haha. That made me umm a little wild, enjoyed the song, jumped, head banged, shouted, screamed.. it was just crazy. After that, he said that it'll be the last song of the night and people screamed in protest. He then said that they'll be going out with a bang. ADAM was played, and until now I'm still having goosebumps just trying to recall it. He dedicated it to Adam pointing his finger in heavens direction and to the crowd. It's the most emotional song of the night. He called Archie back and sang the bridge together along with the crowd. The last part of the song was sang by 115 thousand people and I felt proud and happy for him. He deserves it.

If I'll ever have amnesia and I would go back to something that I wholeheartedly enjoyed. You concert is one of those memories I'll gladly have back. Yes, I did lose my voice for a week after that. I fail to work because of it. But my heart was blissfully happy and my soul was refreshed. Thank you for that experience.

Le gra go deo,
Jovelyn

David Cook...to a man who has been at the top of my list of people who have most affected my life and continue to do so. Thanks for teaching me that you are never too old look for heroes. The ones in my life, I appreciate more because of you.

I hope you are having an awesome and happy life.

Hi David Last night was the last time i will see my bestest David Cook Friend she is moving away from me here in Rochester N.Y You see beacuse of you i have met this Beautiful Friend of mine and we both have followed you every step of your amazing journey CryingCrying sorry i just had to let that out. Ok back to the sentiment I just felt that if i wrote to you it would help ease the pain a little since your the person i have to thank for bringing her and You .and alot of good friends i have met along this journey into my Life. I will miss her immensley but she helped me feel better by telling me that we will see each other again once you start touring again so Please David Hurry up and please finish your Record and get on the Road again. No Pressure there LOL FaceLOL Face Without this Home and other ways of communication i will still be able to talk to her so i Thank You and Everyone here for That. You know we still to this day can't figure out what it is about you that have us in such a state of Emotions, That will last a life time. Its all good tho we love you to bits .
Love you
Jan
Rochester N.Y.

Hey Dave,

Hope you don't mind my using Dave instead of David. I have a couple of friends that are Davids, and they all prefer Dave, so when I see David I think Dave.

After the RSL show last night in SLC I just had to add my two cents worth! You guys were on FIRE last night! GAH!!! I watched the ustream, and I could feel the energy through the friggin internet! You were in the best voice I've ever heard! See what a little R&R can do? lol It was so good to see and hear you guys again. Man, have I missed you all!!! And to see you guys put on a performance like that just made me ecstatic to call myself your fan! I can't wait for the new record, but man! I want you guys back on the road like now so all us fans can get together and scream our heads off and sing your songs at the top of our lungs!! Yea, I'm greedy! lol

Thanks for keeping us connected with you through your tweets and vlogs. A day without David Cook and the Anthemic is a very dark and dreary day for us addicts fans.

Luv you guys!

Peggy

Guest Guest
Hey David,

WOW!! It's been a while since I wrote here *bad WordNerd*

So, I'm getting kinda excited for the Sophomore Album. Lovin' the little pieces of "crumbs" you leave us with those Vlogs. If the second album is anything like the first..... IT'S GONNA BE AH-MA-ZING!!! Can't freakin' wait!!!

It's been just over one year since I saw you perform for the fist time. Red, White and Boom and The Cotillion were amazing!! I still can't believe it, still seems like a dream to me! I'm saving up to hopefully go to the sophomore album release party and listen to a great Rock Show...and meet some wonderful friends that I have met here!

Keep up the amazing stuff you do. You are amazing.....inside and out!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Guest Guest
Hey David,

Man, you better hurry up with that Sophomore Album. We have resorted to tomfoolery and are starting to run amuck.

See what happens when you are not touring, lol.

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Dear David,

Between your tweets and vlogs, and your friends tweets and twitpics, you are keeping us all on pins and needles! Great marketing - kudos to whom ever is responsible for that! It's very gratifying for us to stay connected, so thank you for keeping us in the loop. I wanna hear the new record like NOW! lol Yea, patience is NOT my virtue! Miss you guys on the road and can't wait for Busch Gardens in August! Hopefully, you'll have something "new" to share with us by then!

Luv you guys!

Peggy
Dryden, NY

Guest Guest
Hey David,

I see you had a great 4th of July weekend in Vegas. Andrew must have been like a little kid at Christmas time, lol. You are such a great big brother.

Personally I'm not into UFC that much... I will watch it though (I prefer WWE much more) I must say Missouri has some WONDERFUL talent.... Randy Orton, Evan Bourne and then of course there is you *wink wink*

Counting down the days for this Sophomore Album.... now only if we had a date set.... *again, wink wink*

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Hey David~

It's been awhile, since I've kept up with my word nerd friends, since I've listened to some of your music, since I've written to you. I heard one of your songs on the radio and was plunged right back into wanting to listen to everything you've ever done, which brought back all of the memories of you playing live. I can't wait for new music, and a new tour. I can't wait to watch you play again. I also miss your Q&A sessions, but I know you are busy making the new album for all of us to enjoy. Guess I just missed you and wanted to write to you. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to everything thats upcoming.

Collette,
Shortstop505

Dear David,

I just realized I haven't written in here in forever! I guess I didn't have anything terribly profound to say. But that doesn't mean I have no reason to write. So I just want to say I am VERY excited to hear about you and the Anthemic being in the studio, working out some songs for your new album, and looking like you're having fun. I can't WAIT for your new album and hope very much to hear a new song at Busch Gardens. And if you can find it in your heart to play Anodyne one more time there, I'd be eternally grateful. That song means more than you could imagine to me.

Love always,
Stacy

Hey David
Were Getting Really Impatient and very Excited about the New Cd and Your Show at Busch Gardens in August. I Can't come to the show in August but alot of my Friends are going so please Give them all Lots of Love, A New Song which im sure there will be Please! ? And a whole lots of Fun. Have a Blast i know its going to be a Blast for all of them. I can't wait to hear you guys again , See Videos , and Have something to share with all my WordNerd Friends.
Love you to bits Blow KissesBlow Kisses

Guest Guest
Hey David,

Thanks for the teaser video of the new album.... you have made us even more excited for this!!! That little snippet of "Hard to Believe" was amazing! I can't wait to hear you sing the whole song. Hodges is right, you make that song sound like a million bucks!!

Keep up the amazing work!!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Dear David,

Gah! I fell down a rabbit hole watching a bunch of your concert videos. So many great memories. I hope we all will get to see the professional footage and audio you took at that one show on the Declaration Tewer. Anyway, I'm DYING to see you sing again. I can't wait for August 7th to arrive.

I hope work on your new album is coming along in a way that makes you happy and proud of your work. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing with us all your twitpics and vids and tweets, allowing us to follow you on that journey.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

David,

This 2nd album and subsequent tour can't come soon enough. I won't be able to see you in a few weeks in Virginia, but I know there will be more dates where that came from, so I remain optimistic. Love that you've shared these epic studio insights with us and I hope they keep a comin' Smile

Much love,
Jamie WN #1178
Huntsville, AL

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Just realized I haven't written in awhile, and I wanted to take a moment to thank you for all the little tidbits you've been tossing out during the recording process. Your tweets, the pictures and little videos, and now the album teaser video are really appreciated. It's so great of you to allow us to have a little view into the recording process.

I'm so happy to see that the band is in the studio with you. It looks and sounds like things are going great. This is going to be a kick-ass album, and I can't wait for it!

I'll be in Virginia 3 weeks from today for your two day appearance at Busch Gardens, and I can't wait... it's been way too long since I've been at a David Cook and The Anthemic concert. Take care, and I'll see you then!

Love,

Jeannie

Guest Guest
Hey, David!!

I haven't been in this thread in so long that you'd think it'd be easy to think of something to write, but it isn't. It's kind of weird. haha

Anyways, just know that I'm still here, still loving you, still supporting....even if I fail to get my butt in here and write too often. LOL

I can't wait for your new album and I'm so thrilled that all the guys are in the studio with you. Thanks for keeping us all involved in the whole songwriting/recording process.

Take care. I'll be back again. Promise.

Love ya--

Kathy
How did I used to sign this? "That Girl From Vietnam" ?? hehe

HI David,gee hope this is going to the right place of this site! Anyway,can't believe i'm just discovering this letters to you ''thing'' I have been a fan from very early on AI. You are beyond amazing,Your music,your heart,You! The difference you've made for me in my life is way to difficult to explain right now! Just want you to know i am a forever fan,I know the best is yet to come for you,even though you.ve done so many awesome things already! I will hope to be there for it all and this will go on as long as you want it to,and even then i for one will never forget you,ever! You are a very special man,wish there were more like you,LOL, BIG HEART HANDS TO YOU DAVID and THANK YOU,THANK YOU.lOOK FOR THE LOVE DCTR2 TOUR,Can hardly wait,Please do many east coast shows, luv ya, GINA in NJ

Dear David:

As usual, I am late to the party, having just come across this thread recently on the WNH site. And then it took me forever to get up the nerve to write to you and to figure out what I wanted to say.

I don't know why it is so hard to write it. I did have the chance to tell you what your music has meant to me. Do you remember, it was after the Clifton Park show, and I was brought out back and I was the cellcaster that fainted during the show. And you promised me a picture the next day at Providence ( which I never got, but hope to get someday!)

At that time, I told you thank you for bringing music back into my life, and for bringing me the special friends that I have made through this fantastic community of your fans.

Now I want to thank you for the way that you listened that night. While I spoke to you, I was flabbergasted by the way that you looked at me and listened to me so intently. The rest of my world disappeared, and you made me feel like I was the only one in the world that was important to you at that moment. And your hug was so spontaneous, that I almost think that I dreamt it. I will never forget that.

I also want to thank you for the 15 most memorable nights that I had at your shows last year. I have at least one special memory from each one, from the time I first saw you live in Newburgh, to the little wave in Atlantic City when I snagged last minute front row seats, to the most epic show in Northhampton with Silver and ABMB, to my stupendous summer week with 5 shows in 7 days, to Clifton Park and Providence, where I heard My Last Request for the first time live, and saw the only version of MWK live that I will with Andy singing Make Me. And those are only the biggest memories. I have so many more that I will never forget. I was down in Norfolk for the last show, but unfortunately, missed you Very Sad

I so wanted to come to Busch Gardens, but it looks as though that is not in the cards. But I will find a way to listen, through someone's phone, or a cellcast, and I will imagine myself there when I catch the videos and pics that these wonderful lucky people will share. And I know, that someday, I will see you again and hear you live. And revel in it........♥

So keep on keeping on, and finish that kickass record that you have teased us with. Thank you for the tweets, and the twitpics and the twitvids and for keeping us informed and entertained, even when you are not right out in front of us.

And, in advance, thanks for the photo that you owe me, and I hope to someday get!!! Love you, and your music, always, Gail

Dear David,

Sometimes I wonder what life must be like for you right now. Are you under tremendous pressure to not suffer a sophomore slump... or are you reveling in the chance to put more of your music out in the world? Do you like it best when a song just comes to you in an epiphany... or when one gnaws at the back of your head for months and then finally comes together just right? Does the perfectionist in you love the opportunity to take the time to make each song as perfect as possible... or drive you crazy that it can never be perfectly perfect? Do you love making music every day with your friends... or does it make you miss terribly having a live audience? When you go out, do you hope to be recognized, a validation, making you feel connected to your fans... or do you wish people would treat you like the regular human being you are? Do you love having all that fancy equipment to play with... or do you wish it were simply purely recording music? I could go on...

But I'm going to guess I could ask 100 such questions and your answer would be that it's both sides of all those coins at one time or another. I hope it's usually the happy side though. Whether that's heads or tails for you... okay, now you've gone and done it again, turned my thoughts all pervy. Damn you. Thank you. I Heart paradoxes. Which may be your allure, to my brain...

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Hi David
I just want to say this. I need new Music ive already bought DCR 2x already for wearing it out. My last copy is in hibernation and will stay there, so you see i need the CD Like Yesterday. I remember way back when you were on Idol Sesaon 9 and you did JJF after that i played that video out too btw, i was so excited to hear you and see you. I Can't wait for a Tour after the New CD comes out . I really hope you come some where close to me again so i can come and see you again even tho i didn't get to see you guys as much as i would of liked to on your last tour this tour will be different im sure and i will be able to attend more shows. Its been hard not waking up to not seeing you singing and haveing a great time on stage, We All Miss that . I hope the new cd is going good for all of you and im hoping that Soon We will be able to hear and see you Rocking Out Again and having a blast up on stage where your Talents Come Shining out. You and the Band are All Great Musicians and extremley Good People. Can't wait to see you again
Love you to bits
Jan, #964

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Just saw the twitpic of you with a fan from after Kris Allen's show last night. Knowing what Andy said - that the beards stay until the recording is done - I'm going to break my "take your time, I will be patient" vow and say "Please get the recording done in the next two weeks, so you guys can shave before the Busch Gardens shows." Not that I have anything particular against lumberjacks, but you are starting to look like one. And it's a shame to hide that beautiful face. Not to mention it's going to be hot... so some light scruff would be perfect. Just sayin'.

On a more serious note, it's great to get confirmation that you're at the vocals stage of the recording. (Thank Andy for his tweet, btw.) Can't wait for the new single, the new album, the new tour... Yeah, I don't want much. LOL

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Virginia... two weeks from tomorrow!

Love always,

Jeannie

Dear David,

Now, I love you so much and since I do love you as much as I do, I feel like I have the right to be honest with you. So here it goes...

I am not a fan of the whole, 'We're not shaving until the record is done' thing. Nope. Ya'll are going to look like cavemen by the time we get this record. Nothing against cavemen because the Geico ones were pretty funny, but I miss your face. A little scruff wouldn't be that bad though. Just saying...

Love,
Mal

Dear David,
I've out for a while but my heart keeps on coming back to where I truly belong--here on Home.
I have said this before and I will say this over and over again. You are one amazing person I have known in my entire life. Your music really influences me in a good way,touching everyone's life.
I never thought I would see you and watched you on stage but you came in the Philippines and my wish granted! That was the most unforgettable experience in my life!
I have never been in love with a singer before until you came into my life. What more can we asked for? You're talented, an amazing singer and songwriter, a loving son..a Rockstar God! I only wish you one thing: good health so that you can bring music in our lives forever.

Love always,
Vangie

Dear David,

Touche!!! The new shave job has everyone in a dither! I have this feeling you are just sitting back and watching the fallout, as am I. It's hilarious! Well played, Mr. Cook! Well played!!

Love and miss you guys!
Peggy

Dear David, man of my dreams, forever.

This will be short, won't take up much room, just need to tell you that my life changed forever back in 2008.....because of YOU! Honestly, the way you just are you, so down to earth, so polite, not to mention gifted beyond words....
I love you from the bottom of my heart, I really do...the way you touched my heart and soul, so deep inside, with your personality and voice, and charisma and just everything. You, dear David, are the man of my dreams and always will be. I saw you 13 times on the Declaration Tour, flew to California from CT. .....flew to NC also...and met you and Art on May 24, 2009 in New Haven, the afternoon before you performed at Toad's. Music is so necessary for me, and YOUR music is number one, will always be at the top! Thank you so so much for interacting with us fans, we love so to pieces. Oh, and I am the one who made this for you! Sent it to your Mom and she gave it to you probably while you were all sick last Christmas... 13344_11.jpg

Karen in Connecticut LOVE LOVE LOVE SmileSmileSmile

Dear David:

So, here it is, Summer 2010. Your incredible first major record release behind you, and an incredibly successful first major tour is now history as well. And now you are in the studio working on your second major record. I say major, because for some reason Analog Heart isn't included in your record releases. Personally I think this is a huge mistake, but I guess as a whole, it doesn't matter either way. The fans who were fortunate enough to enjoy AH will always cherish it. Always.

Anyways, now I have to laugh at the anxiety and excitement that we your fans are feeling while waiting for DCTR 2 to be completed. I can't believe how anxious I (we) feel. We can't wait to hear your amazing voice in new music.

I love and am extremely grateful to you for all the little 'cookie crumbs' you share with us while we all wait, and you work your ass off. Thanks for all the twitpics, videos, vlogs and tweets. Thanks for laughing at us, and with us. Thanks for being so much fun, and for being playful with us. Thanks for putting up with our insanity, even when sometimes it gets a bit out of hand.

There is no way to control thousands of people, who have free speech and exercise it regularly on the Internet. But bottom line, your fans adore you. We are all just a bit excited because we know what's coming. Another amazing record, sung by our favorite Rocker AND another amazing tour. Your last tour was so much fun, that we cannot wait to do it all over again.

So David, work hard, protect that beautiful voice of yours, and get as much rest as you can. Because Declaration Tour, the sequel is almost here! And be patient with us. No matter what people tweet or post, bottom line, we all adore you.

Love Ya!

Vivian

Hey Dave,

Man, have I been neglectful on the sentiments. It's not because I love you any less, but maybe because like everything in my life, I take you for granted from time to time. Maybe I think you know how much we love you, but it couldn't hurt to reassure you every once in a while, could it? Especially right now when you're not really in the public eye as much. It couldnt hurt to tell you that you're missed when you're not on the road and that I'm so anxious for the new album that every little tidbit you give us makes me smile like a complete idiot. Do you even know how much each little picture and video means to us? Hell, even the simplest little tweet helps us feel like you're keeping us close to you. It has to be an amazing feeling to be you. It has to make you feel the tiniest bit powerful to know that you can make thousands of people, mostly women, smile, laugh or cry all at the same time. All you have to do is tweet. Maybe you don't realize how much those little things mean to us, but I guess if you're reading this, now you do.

Anyway... that's all I have for now. I just wanted to let you know I'm still here for you, loyally waiting for new music and unreasonably excited to see you on stage again next week. (Really, everytime I say "next week," my heart skips a beat. It's disgusting.)

~Daina

PS. On a lighter note... ohh puh-lease, you know I don't do mushy... I reserve the right to make fun of any past, present and future pornstaches. No matter how hot a guy *cough*you*cough* is, it's just a look that's BEGGING to be ridiculed. I figure since I'd be willing to lie on train tracks for you, I am entitled to this simple pleasure. That said, I have named the current pornstache Fred. It seemed like the perfect slimy pedophile name for him. Booo!!!

Love ya!

Awww Love

Hey guy,

it's been awhile since I was in here last. but, just felt like writing something while I was on the site... so here we go.

it's crazy for me to hope that you'll actually read this someday; there are a thousand other members on here that write you pretty much everyday...and I barely write once in every book. so why do I try so hard to write the right stuff? lol I guess I can't stop the feeling that you will read it, and not wanting to have written something really stupid. && having you think you have yet another weird fan. xD I'm not weird, trust me. lol I just love you way too much for my own good, which makes me ramble on aimlessly.

this is pointless... I just want to say that I appreciate every little thing that you do for us. the 30 second twitvids, the random studio pics. everthing. && it just makes waiting for the record worth it....and less torturous. lol well...maybe not less torturous, cause seeing that stuff just makes us more antsy, but whatever. it's nice to have little sneak peeks while we wait. Smile

anway....

you're an amazing man, david. I've never been so into any other musician like I am with you. not a stalker, promise. lol I've only been to 1 of your shows, and I didn't even get to meet you. but that's ok. it's probably for the best....wouldn't want to faint in your presense. haha! but back to you being amazing; you're such a beautiful human being, and not just on the outside. and don't be surprised if I'm still loving you when I'm 50! you never cease to amaze me, and I can't wait for the chance to finally meet you......and for this new record! it's definitely going to kick ass. Very Happy

Love,
Amber (iLoveDC)

Guest Guest
Dear David,

I can't believe that in nine days I will get to see you live on stage again! I like to think that two shows in Virginia are your way of making it up to those of us who missed out on that canceled last show. Some new music would go a long way towards easing the pain of that missed trip/concert. Have a safe trip East.

Barb

Hey Dave,

Me again. I've decided that this will be one of my creepier sentiments, but in my defense, I'm REALLY good at remembering dates. History was my favorite subject in school. Anyway, it's about 2:30am on the east coast which makes it July 30th. This is the first July 30th in two years I haven't spent with you. In 2008 it was my very first AI tour show in Newark, NJ, where I met you and some of my dearest friends for the first time. Then last year, you played in Sayreville, NJ, where I was front row and got a setlist after the show. It's kind of a bummer I don't get to see you today, but I'll survive. I bet you'll survive by not being in Jersey on July 30th for the first time in two years too Wink

OK, creepy time, over! Carry on.

Love ya!

~Daina

Dear David,

We have a thread now, called "When I see David live on stage I feel..." You should check it out. Anyway, I thought I'd copy my post in that thread into a Sentiment here as well:

I feel wildly exhilarated
yet in a peaceful place.

My world narrows to my senses and the stage
yet widens to the emotional worlds his music takes me to.

I feel a connection to every other person there, and all of us connected to David
yet the connection is also only one: between his voice and my soul.

I feel the irresistible attractive pull I always do to him
yet even if he's close enough to touch, he's untouchable.

Between songs I desperately hope the next one will be one of my very favorites
yet whatever the next song is, the moment it starts, it becomes my favorite.

My body unconsciously moves with the music
yet I am also disconnected from my body, floating.

Time is so slow, waiting an hour a minute for the show to start
yet it's too fast - it always ends it seems a second after it began.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Morning David,

It's 7:15am on July 31st. This is the one year anniversary of the Keswick show in Philly. This was a show of firsts for me! An online friend, Gail & her husband, Michael, invited me into their home, and provided the transportation to and from Philly for this show. It was my first time meeting them and many others face to face. Unfortunately, I led a few down the path! lol! Youth and beauty have NOTHING over age and treachery! It's kinda all Neal's fault - he introduced one of my new friends to Jack & Jamison. I think they need to call that "The Mind Eraser"!! Man, did we have a great time (we think)! The show that night was so much fun! But I have to say, your show was just the icing on the cake. The before and after time I spent with new friends was priceless!!

I met so many people face to face for the first time at this show, and cemented many online friendships just by being there and hanging with everyone. I have to tell you, your fans are the best bunch EVER!! It's gotten so that I look forward to your shows for the reunion as much as the actual show. I hope you will continue to do occasional shows like Bush Gardens while you are not on an official tour - We all need to see each other and see and hear you guys!! It's like a "fix" for all of us, and we crave it and miss it terribly. The occasional show is all we need! Oh yea, and a brand new, shiny Album with rockin new music, too! lol

Love & miss you guys!!

Peggy

Guest Guest

Dear David,

It has been way too long since I've written in here but I'll make this short. I'm getting ready to fly out to VA for the shows at Busch Gardens. It is always fun getting to see you and the guys doing what you do best up on that stage! It is also a time to get together with so many friends I have met because of you and your music. For that I can never thank you enough.

You have touched the hearts of many people, me being one of them. I hope someday when you read these wonderful sentiments it will touch your heart. Heart

I hope you also realize how special you are to so many people. I truly believe that this is only the beginning of many wonderful things that you will bring to this world. Looking forward to the progression and the future.

Wishing you happiness today & always,

~Barb~

Oh, David......

Honestly, there are not words good enough to express how I feel about you and the guys. We are leaving at 4am Thursday for VA for the weekend. We will be in line waiting all day, having fun, meeting people we have met before and some for the first time. I miss you so much and it has not hit me yet, that in a couple of days I will see and hear you....you do something magical to my heart and soul and no other singer has touched me as deeply as YOU! I thank God for you...I pray for you, and I love you so so much!

karen

Guest Guest
David,

Taking a little break from preparing for a trip to Williamsburg tomorrow. Later today some dear friends are coming to my home to spend the night. I just wanted to say thank you for these friends. I met them through your music. I will be forever grateful for the gift of friendship you have given me.

Barb

David,

I hope the album is going fabulously and so are rehearsals Anodyne for BG. I'm SO freaking excited for Anodyne these shows, you have no idea. I can't wait to hear all those songs Anodyne I haven't heard live for so many months, and the prospect of possibly something NEW (or Anodyne) has me WooHoo!! -ing.

See you soon!

Love always,
Stacy, #266
who is subliminally requesting Anodyne. Subtle, no? lol.

ETA: Hug Barb. Love you, can't wait to see you tonight!!!!!

Guest Guest
Dear David,

In a few hours I'll be heading to the airport to begin my Busch Gardens weekend. I'm one of those who will be spending the night with Barb and Stacy tonight, and I'm so excited to finally meet them in person. You and your music have touched so many lives in so many ways, and introducing us to each other and creating these wonderful friendships is just one of them. Thank you for that... so, so much.

I can't wait to get to BG tomorrow and to see and hear you (and Andy, Neal, Kyle, and Monty) rock the stage! I haven't seen you perform since last November, and I'm so pumped to see you again.

A new song would be the icing on the cake, you know? But whatever you play, I'll just be happy to be there with my good friends, rocking along with you and the guys.

Love,

Jeannie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.