Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

The Signal & Sentiments Part IV

David ,

Its 2 yrs since you pretty much ruined my life but in so many good ways.You have become such a huge inspiration to me and many of your fans. I remember so much of the anticipation waiting for your album, counting down the days and when it finally came i pretty much was bouncing off the walls. I always tell the story but its one to remember. It a cold, snowy, slippery , wet, day and i was running in to get your album (i had the biggest grin on my face too) and right when i got to the curb i slipped and fell on my butt and people came out ,which was embarssing lol, but this is what happens when i get over excited with you ,you are so dangerous for me sometimes. Anyways thank you for so much well basically everything you changed me for the better and im trying to do so many inspiring things for you that i know you would be proud of. Because of you i met so many amazing people and made amazing friends . I hope on you next journey i get to experince you live and mabe if im lucky i get to meet you i have so many gifts to give you that i did back when you were on idol and some that im working on now for you but most of all i just cant wait for new awesome-ness music from you . See ya soon .

Love ,
Amanda

Good Morning Guys!!

I had a word nerdy joke emailed to me this morning - thought you'd appreciate it!

English is important.

On his 74th birthday, a man got a gift certificate from his wife. The certificate paid for a visit to a medicine man living on a nearby reservation who was rumored to have a wonderful cure for erectile dysfunction.

After being persuaded, he drove to the reservation, handed his ticket to the medicine man, and wondered what he was in for. The old man slowly, methodically produced a potion, handed it to him,
and with a grip on his shoulder, warned, 'This is a powerful medicine, and it must be respected. You take only a teaspoonful, and then say '1-2-3.'

When you do that, you will become more manly than you have ever been in your life, and you can perform as long as you want." The man was encouraged. As he walked away, he turned and asked, "How do I stop the medicine from working?"

"Your partner must say '1-2-3-4,'" he responded, "but when she does, the medicine will not work again until the next full moon." He was very eager to see if it worked so he went home, showered, shaved, took a spoonful of the medicine, and then invited his wife to join him in the bedroom. When she came in, he took off his clothes and said, "1-2-3!" immediately, he was the manliest of men.

His wife was excited and began throwing off her clothes, and then she asked, "What was the 1-2-3 for?"

And that, boys and girls, is why we should never end our sentences with a preposition, because we could end up with a dangling participle.

Grammar lesson over. Very Happy

Luv and miss you guys!

Peggy

Hi David Just wanted to wish you and your Family a Happy Thanksgiving i hope you enjoy your day with Family and Friends. Don't eat too much but hey eat till your hearts content Turkey day is once a year so Endulge.
Love ya
Jan

Aloha e Dave!

Saw this on Yahoo and was so excited just reading about you...oh boy...ANYWAY

Thought I'd share cause it sounds ALL good to me (except for the snubbing on the Grammy, they don't know it all anyway lol) and my response to this article is, "Are you kidding me? DC fans are die hard and fans for life! It's gonna stinkin rock!" Wink

Source:
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/406865/does-winning-american-idol-even-matter-anymore/

DAVID COOK (SEASON 7)

THE GOOD:
--He won by a sizable margin over supposed front runner David Archuleta, scooping up 56 percent of the vote on finale night.
--His single "The Time Of My Life" is the best-selling coronation song in "Idol" history, with 1.3 million copies sold.
--His post-"Idol" album sold 1.3 million, including 280,000 copies in its first week, and debuted at number three.
--The first single from his album, "Light On," went platinum.
--He is the first "Idol" winner to have a large hand in his songwriting on his debut.
--He changed the game for "Idol," opening doors for other rockers and singer-songwriters.

THE BAD:
--He was snubbed for a Best New Artist Grammy nomination, despite industry experts predicting he'd be in the running.
--He's taking way too long to record his next album; in an age of short attention spans and declining "Idol" interest, will people still care by the time he follows up David Cook next year? Let's hope so.

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with family, friends, fun and relaxation. You have a big year coming up, so for today I hope you "take a minute just to breathe" and enjoy the day.

May this upcoming year be the best one ever for you! With the new album and the new tour, I'm sure it will be, and we're all looking forward to sharing it with you.

Love,

Jeannie

Guest Guest

Hey Dave, Happy Day, birthday boy! Hug Hope you have a great one and enjoy it with family and friends. This will undoubtedly be one very special year for you with your upcoming new album and tewer. I wish you all the success in the world, both personally and professionally. Be sure we'll all be here cheering and supporting you all the way. And may 2011 be another great example of many, many amazing years to come for you, the boys in the band and your family.

Love always,
Made

Dear David,

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear David! Happy Birthday to you!! Happy Birthday!

And many more....

Sorry for my off-key singing, but to my credit, I AM loud! Very Happy

Luv and miss you!

Peggy

Guest Guest
Hey David!!

Happiest of Birthdays to you! I hope that your day is blessed with happiness and joy. Today take time for you, and enjoy every little thing you do for birthdays give us the opportunities to stop and appreciate all the beautiful things we have been blessed with. May this birthday be just the beginning of a year filled with happy memories, wonderful moments and shining dreams.

This is a special birthday wish
That comes with love to you
It brings warm and heartfelt thanks
For all the thoughtful things you do,
It also comes to let you know
You mean more to us each day
And to everyone your lives have touched
In such a loving way.

And most importantly......... "Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Guest Guest

Hey, David!

Man, I haven't been in here in soooooooo long. Sorry 'bout that. Smile

I hope you're having a wonderful New Year so far. You deserve to have great things happen for you this year (as I'm sure they will).

I can't wait for your new album but please take your time cuz I will wait as long as it takes. Wink

Take care of you.

Love ya--

--Kathy
"That Girl From Vietnam" Smile

Hey David

Just thought i write something in here i think im going to keep it short and sweet just like this....

Thank-you for everthing you do for me and all your other fans.

Love ya,
Amanda

P.S. Cant wait for that rock,studded,radical album of yours !! Smile

Hey David,

I just want to say today that you have made so many of your fans very very happy lately with the news and tidbits about the new album. I loved the album teaser video and your answers to interview questions. Spring is always a good time for new music. Hope to see you out on the road sometime this summer!

Love always,
Karen Heart

Guest Guest
Dear David,

I don't write in this thread often. I felt compelled to come here today to share my excitement over the album teaser and little press tidbits about the new record. I am a dedicated fan, but I will admit that my enthusiasm and patience were starting to fade away with the long wait.

The teaser video and interview from the Griddle Cafe event came at just the right time. I'm ridiculously excited and anxious to hear some new music. I can't begin to imagine how you must feel with the end finally in sight. You said in that short interview that you hoped your fans got "everything they wanted and more" from your new album. I started thinking about what it is I want from your music. I could only come up with one thing to put on the list. I want your new music to make me feel. There isn't a doubt in my mind that your album will fulfill that wish.

Taking a dive in the shallow end now...You look great. Love the haircut, love that you look fit and happy. Wish the beard was trimmed down just a bit. Last but not least, I really want to know how you get your skin looking so perfect. I imagine that your answer would be something along the lines of "umm nothing I let the shampoo run over it when I rinse". So maybe you shouldn't answer that question. That way I don't have to get pissed off that I spend time and money trying to get skin half as good as yours.

Take care, Barb

Dear David,
Wow this has been such an amazing journey for you and your fans as well.I cannot believe it is almost three years since you came on the T.V. Screen.For the last couple years it has been a turbulent ride for my Husband and I.With my Job loss in 2009,the Death of my Father and than my Husbands Job loss in early 2010 I do not know how I would of survived without my Faith and Your Music.Besides I have been following you on Twitter,know I say some silly things!Here I can be real sincere with you.This Album is going to be amazing and I hope you blow everyone else out of the Water!I feel so Blessed that I got to meet you in St Louis on November 11,how can I for get this date?it was also my 40th bday and a dream that fans only dream of came true,I got to hug You!Really I feel really giddy about it!!LOL You had me at Hello,just like what Renee Z says to Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire!LOLThis is so silly to me because I am twice the age,but you did something to Me and you have impacted so many Peeps!With your Beautiful Voice,your talent,the way you serve the community,and treat your fans you are just amazing and Awesome!I love how through Facebook and Twitter we got to know your Mum and Andrew as well as some of your other Peeps.It is so cool how you always have us on your Radar!You are Heaven Sent and God is going to keep Blessing your Good Heart!XOXOXOKImmie

Dear Dave,

You're pretty and I miss you something awful. Hurry the hell up with this record. Please and Thank you Smile

Love,
Daina

Dear David,

The natives in the fandom have become extremely restless. Actually, restless doesn't even cover it. The early album promo has us all jumping out of our skins!! Man, we all really NEED to hear your beautiful voice and the awesomeness of The Anthemic showcased in new music!! Yes, we are all junkies and you guys are our heroine and we need a fix BAD!!!!!! Because of this situation, you will probably see a lot of ... um.... questionable(?) posts online. Take them with a grain of salt. As long as you don't become an animal abuser or a child abuser (not that you ever would), we will support you forever. Great Hope you got a chuckle out of that!

Luv and miss you guys!!
Peggy

Guest Guest
Quote :
@thedavidcook
David Cook
Just tracked the last vocal for the last song, which means... VOCALS ARE DONE!!!

The BEST tweet......ever!! just sayin. Waiting on that release date now Tapping toe

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Hey David
I haven't wrote in a bit so here goes . This is all in fun so don't take it the wrong way ok? I want new DC Music like Yesterday thanks for all the little clips, vids that you took making the CD but now i want to Hear all of it so Please Step it up a Notch, From what i heard so far this CD is going to SKY ROCKET and i hope i can hear it all Live on one or two or three and so on on any tour stops. I Can't wait to hear your Voice again and your Banter sometimes i believe we all love you so much beacuse of your music and your Amazing sense of Humor. Well I know thats why i Love ya so much. Ok not going to get all mushy here but yea your Loved in more ways then one.
Love You to bits
Jan
WN 964
DCWatchin
Rochester N.Y.

Dear Dave,

So, this morning I saw some new pictures from the studio. You're just not playing fair anymore. You're way too gorgeous, and you're not releasing new music to distract us from your looks. I try to make it about the music, I really do... but when you go around looking the way you do, striking sexy poses for the camera and sitting at the piano, it's tough. I mean, you have this hot new haircut, your trainer has really paid off, hell, even the mountain man beard couldn't take away from your sexiness. And the kicker? My husband would NOT approve of my framing one of these said sexy pictures and placing it on my nightstand.

It's not fair.

Music.

Stat!

I don't want to be this shallow, but you've given me no other choice. Cool

Love,
Daina

Dear David,

It has been 3 years since you entered my life, and you basically turned my life on it's ear. I am so excited for your new record. the wait has been longgggg and a bit painful. I can't even imagine what you must be feeling.

I was thinking about what it is I like about your music, and I think the one word that keeps popping up is 'feel'. Your music makes me feel. Sometimes the feeling is joy (as A Daily anthem does), or sometimes I feel a bit of a rebel (Bar ba Sol), sometimes I feel playful and sometimes I feel longing and sometimes sadness (Permanent). Anyway, you get the idea. The bottom line is your music and voice touch my heart in a way that no other music has.

This is such a gift that you give me. I would like to tell you to hurry up already and get this record out, but I don't want to. Because I would rather you take the time to make the record that you are happy with. I'll still be here waiting.

Take care and hurry! oops, said it anyway. Smile

Love ya!

Vivian

Hey Dave,
it's been a while since I last posted here.

First of all, I need to tell you how much anxious all of us are about your sophomore album - after so many teasers, tweets, videos, etc...
This waiting time is really killing us - but we know it'll be worthwhile cause at the end we'll have a very special gift delivered - your album the object of our anxiety, dreams and desire - we're sure it'll be even more amazing than DCTR.

Second, we are even more anxious to see the New Tour Dates released soon - we need to see you back to the road, rockin' the stages as much as we need the air we breath.
Your music and awesome performances is what feeds our souls, hearts and minds !

And at my very particular point of view I cannot wait to see if you'll have any plans of international shows at your next tour.
I live in Brazil, but I think I can talk on behalf of your thousands international fans spread all over the world.

You must think I'm boring because I'm always talking about this - all the time. Sorry !
But I believe you can have an idea about the suffering of those who want to see you performing live, show their love for you, but are limited by the distance that separate them from you, that depends on a possible tour to their countries to realize their dream !

You said - not long ago - at an interview that touring is one of the things you like the most and that you'll go on tour wherever you're wanted.
Guy, you're wanted all over the Globe !

So I'm asking and suggesting you:
It's time to join the useful and the pleasurable:
I'm sure you'll love to perform in other countries, learning about new cultures, new sights, new people, new expressions of admiration and affection !
And we - your international fans - will have the dream of our lives come true: see you performing in our countries, show how loved you are by all of us and each one of us. Heart

Think about this with all the affecttion you have at your beautiful warm heart ! Heart

We are waiting for you, dreaming with this, praying for this every single day of our lives !
We love you so dearly and want to show you this...SOON. Heart
~Chris
(Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) Heart

Dear David,

Wow, it's been a long time since I've written. My bad. Embarassed First, I want to say thank you. Thank you for all your tweets and recent interviews and videos... any glimpse you gift us of of your music-making process is like... ambrosia, stolen from the gods. lol. Anyway, I hope you are well, and happy, and feeling very proud of your new album.

I've been going through a rough time with my boss for a little while now. And today I thought, how nice it would be to not have a boss who put me down all the time. Or even better, not have a boss at all! And I thought that you must relish that - being your own boss. Then I thought, geez, the last 8 or 9 months, since you started recording, I bet you have had to deal with someone (or a committee Rolling Eyes ) being your boss. Or at least trying to, lol.

My boss sometimes treats me like I'm worthless. If I didn't love the work I do so much to counterbalance how much I loathe the way my boss treats me, the way he sometimes makes me feel about myself, I'd have left long ago. Anyway, today was particularly bad. I had been feeling good about my work and life for a while now. Confident. But this morning he knocked the wind out of my sails. I actually had the thought around lunchtime, "I'd really like a drink right now." The allure of oblivion which had been dormant for years, that monster reared its head again today. I resisted, but it scared me how strong that sudden pull was. And how much my feelings of worthlessness resembled that of my darkest days.

After whipping that demon safely back into its cage, I was still just as down on myself, and the second "solution" my unconscious came up with was, "I want to be held" and cry my eyes out safe in a loving embrace. Well, damn, that thought was possibly even less useful than the first! Because, even were I not in the middle of work, I have no one to hold me! I haven't had a serious romantic relationship in years. Well, then, that made me feel even more worthless! I suck at my career choice AND I'm clearly unlovable as well!

Then I thought, "Maybe David's music will make me feel better." But I couldn't call to mind the right song to lift me. Your songs... so many of them express what I wish I could express. Sometimes, like with Make Believe, eerily so. Like, "did you somehow get a transmitter in my brain and it's sending you my thoughts & feelings?" And then you mold them into something beautiful...

Then I started thinking about you as opposed to just your music. I started wondering if you ever have this kind of trouble with your "bosses." Like, did you send a lot of songs to TPTB that they rejected? Did they try to convince you to work with someone else's songs instead of your own? Did it ever get to you? Does anyone putting you down or holding you back ever get to you? Since you're not "here" to answer, I'll have to assume it does get to you sometimes. You're human. Your humanity, your ability to express so many aspects of being a living, loving, thought-filled human being, is what makes your music so amazing.

And so then I thought, I haven't written a Sentiment in a long time! Writing those used to help me sort my thoughts and feelings out, make me feel better. Because as much as I ramble on about myself, my life, in these Sentiments, it's not about me. It's about... it's like my version of you writing songs. My Sentiments try not just to express things, but to reach out and offer something to the mythical you. (Mythical because I'll never know you in real life.) And, you're so tuned into twitter and the plethora of quick fixes of love you can get there that I seriously doubt if you read anywhere else any more. But, if anything, maybe you still check in to your Sentiments every once in while for a pick-me-up that offers a little more depth than 140 characters can. So, if you do:

You are amazing. Your talent, your voice, your songwriting, your ability to touch people, your charity efforts, your good looks, your charm, your willingness to share with your fans... I could go on. And I have. Many times before, lol. I hope, whatever setbacks you may have, that your self-confidence in your abilities does not waver. But if it ever does... keep your chin up. Because you are amazing. Look around in here - there are so many of us who firmly believe that, believe in you.

And, as I'm sure you know, as I had to be reminded of today, as I think we all need to be reminded sometimes... when you think you need someone to carry you home, really, what you need is to carry someone else home, someone who just might need it more than you. This Sentiment likely won't do that for you, or anyone, but I'm putting it out there anyway. No one came to save me today, to hold me while I cried my eyes out. But I'm holding my virtual arms out to you, to anyone who reads this and needs it.

Believe in yourself. You're worth it.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

David,

Still here -- Still a fan!! Hurry up and get that new album out!!

Hope all is going well with you and that life is treating you well!!

Lori

Trying to put into words how you make me feel is like trying to catch a falling star, simply impossible. Yet I feel compelled to at least try.

My world is in a consent stay of chaos. I'm caught between where I am and where I wanna be. A prisoner of my heart and a captive of my troubled past. I feel so alone when I am battling the demons that torment my mind. No one really understands the pain that I carry inside me and they can't because the truth of the matter is that feelings are unique to an individual. You can try to comfort a person by saying you understand but you really don't, you can't feel what they are feeling.

I suppose there are millions of other people who put on a happy face to fool the world when really they are falling apart on the inside. I know this yet I still can't help but feel jealous of all the happy people, I wish I could be like them. I'm not though, I have a dark cloud that follows me everywhere threatening me with impending doom.

I can't tell you how many times I have prayed for all the pain and suffering to end. I have cried myself to sleep at night wishing I could be with my loved ones who have passed on. I have cut myself just to feel alive. The drugs and the therapist dull the pain but sometimes even that isn't enough.

There are things in my life that do bring enjoyment such as my family and friends but sometimes I feel like a burden to them. I often have a hard time remembering the good things I have, sometimes the bad just seems to out weigh the good. Every day is like a roller coaster ride, it is exhausting and frustrating.

Amidst the craziness that is my life I do have something/someone that I can rely on to pull me through the hardest of times. He is always there when I need him and sometimes is the only thing that makes sense to me and one of the few things in life that give me a sense of peace.

He is like a ray of sunshine, warming me when I am cold.

He gives me a sense of security.

When I feel like I am no longer living he makes my heart beat just a little faster to remind me that I am alive.

He is a reminder that there are still good people left in this world. He is a source of inspiration when I thought there was none.

His voice takes me to a place a never knew existed, it's euphoric.

His lyrics are chicken soup for my soul. They are the soundtrack to my life.

He is love, he is life, he is my peace of mind, he is my rock and roll angel and his name is David Cook.

This man has stolen my heart and I don't want it back. I will forever be a fan and I will be forever grateful to him for giving me a reason to not give up. He enhances my life so much I feel blessed to of discovered this amazing man.

Hi Dave,
here I'm again ! Wink

Yesterday I was lying in bed listening to you sing on my iHome - I hear you every day before bedtime - and wondering when I'll be able to see you again. Meet you and take some time to talk about how I feel about you and how much your music and your voice changed my life, can take a picture next to you and give you a big and warm hug - it's my biggest dream the past 3 years.
A dream a little tough because I live in another country and only have my vacations once a year to travel to the U.S. and try to go to one of your shows.
No guarantee if I'll have success - not always the dates and locations are compatible and I maybe have to wait another year. Another year of anxiety, dreams, frustration - I can say without fear: another year of suffering cause seeing your show and meet you have become so paramount in my life.
I'm not a very religious person - don't attend the church - but I believe in God, in His will and His power.
Of course, I'm not a perfect human being - I have my flaws, my pet peeves - but I can say with no shame that I really deserve to fulfill my dream - Meet you - cause I'm sure God knows how large, sincere and dedicated are my admiration and love for you not only as the wonderful artist you are, but above all, by the extraordinary human being that you have showed everyone several times throughout these years sharing your moments and your life with us - your fans .
And suddenly I realized that sooner or later God will watch over me and give me what I want - maybe He is preparing something so special for me - a very special meeting with you - something so remarkable, so unforgettable. I only need to keep on dreaming and believing and devoting all my love to you, your music... and be patient (it's tough to do this, but I have no other choice).
I'm so anxious to know when your next tour will start, and see if this year I'll be able to see you again (I only saw you once - and of course it's not enough), if your tour dates & places will match with the place I'll be on vacations.
But I decided stop worry about this cause I can do nothing, only wait, believe that someway the things will forward to a solution for me and I'll be able to attend to one of your shows and maybe meet you.
Thanks for being so amazing and making my days, my whole life brighter and more colouful with your music and your heavenly voice !
Love from Brazil (we're still dreaming to see you here - soon - don't forget us, please)
XOXO
~Chris

David,

Can't tell you how thrilled I was over all the goodies this morning. Being able to pre-order the album, knowing you got the Idol boot song for this season, all the media attention, new pictures. I tell ya, it's doing a number on this ol' girl today. I just saw Neal and Kyle last night and emphasized to them how much we love you in the South and that we can't wait for the new album. Keep these surprises coming, no complaints here.

Your Bamachic,
Jamie

Guest Guest

Dear David,
today, March 3rd, 2011, I pre-ordered your album (of course I've got an "extra treat" with the "DYFAM" download... WOAH!). But I just wanted to tell you, pure and simple ("minds", lol) , that I have a lot of faith in your talent as a singer/songwriter. So I have no doubts whatsoever that your new album will be... amazing? awesome? out of this world? You're the #1 Word Nerd, so how can I define what new music from you means to me? No words can describe my feelings... Just, thank you for being YOU Hug

Made

Guest Guest
Hey David,

Pre-ordered/purchased your NEW album and I can't wait to get it!!! That extra treat of 'Don't You Forget About Me'.... love it!!

I just know you will blow us away with your amazing talent. The little teasers you have given us proves just that!

Not much more I can say except..... Thank YOU!!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Dear Dave:
I think I can call you Dave - since I'm part of "your people" - I melted here with you sweetenss and kindness calling us this way !!
When I thought you'd already showed us, all your stock of affection, you refer to your fans this way so beautiful that moved us all.

First of all, thank you guy for have given us a THURSDAY so AMAZING !! YEAH !!

When I read that you recorded "Don't You Forget About Me" I was sure that it'd be amazing, cause every song where you put your voice turns into something remarkable - not only your songs (all awesome, AMOF), but also all the covers you did since your Idol days, the Tour covers, Jumpin Jack Flash... and other ones you've been doing ! Any song you cover gains a new musical dimension, new flavours, new colours - becomes an addictive masterpiece !

And then we had access to "Don't You Forget About Me" snippet - and only with few seconds of the song, and your blessed voice showed the wonder you've done with this song. Those few seconds were enough to make me got chills all over my body !

I was still recovering and the link to pre-order your album was posted at DCO. I ran as fast as I could, and pre-order it - and got so excited cause it's like the new album was starting to come true at my life. I downloaded the extra treat - 'Don't You Forget About Me' - and even knowing it would be awesome - the result surpassed my expectations - by far !
Oh, My god! Your voice at that intense, energetic, raspy, sensual interpretation ! EPIC !
What you can do with your voice is something for very few artists !
Guy, you will never stop to surprise us with your talent? Every day I'm more confident you'll never stop to amaze us ! Indeed !

I cannot wait to listen and delight myself with the whole album, and see you rockin' on the stage again (I hope not only by Youtube videos, but at least one time live to seize the amazing and unforgettable experience that's see you performing live).

All the Love from (maybe) your most passionate brazilian fan
(don't forget your promise to come here visit & performing for us !! - soon please ! )

~Chris (WN Piper)
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Guest Guest
Hey Dave,

I just realized that it’s been forever since I’ve written you here. My apologies – I’m a CPA and from January to April my real life gets rather hectic. But today I had to take the time to tell you a few things.

First off, yesterday was an awesome day to be a David Cook fan. It seems like it’s been so long since we have gotten much news from or about you, and yesterday was almost an overload. Maureen Van Zandt (awesome lady, btw… so glad you are friends with her and Stevie,) tweeted yesterday how we fans were “single-minded.” (She was teasing us because you were pretty much all we were tweeting about.) I replied to her that “It’s not single-minded, it’s more like we’re starving. Today has been such a long, long time in coming.” She tweeted me back to “Enjoy the banquet!” And that’s what yesterday seemed like. A banquet, a feast after months of living on tiny cookie crumbs. I have a feeling that in the next couple of months the goodies are just going to keep on coming. And I’m alright with that.

I had a huge smile on my face all day long yesterday. Starting with the early morning news from Shirley Halperin that you had the boot song for Idol this year. Now we’re pretty smart people, and your tweets had led most of us to believe that was the “extra treat” you spoke of, so we were patting ourselves on the back for getting that right. I love Don’t You (Forget About Me) and once I heard your version, I love the song that much more. You stay true to the original, but you add something… and I love the “growliness” (I totally made up that word) in your voice.

But that was just the beginning of the good news. The news reports that you had indeed co-written every song on the upcoming album, the new pictures that surfaced – we’ve dubbed you “Officer Dave” by the way – the fact that we could pre-order the new album, and get DYFAM as a free download, the ET segment they posted online… Damn Charlie Sheen for being how he is and bumping it off the actual TV show, but hopefully they’ll air it another day. It was just one of those days where the good things keep on coming. Thank you for all the treats.

I can’t wait for the new single, the new album, the new tour – but at least now I feel they really are coming. If the press from yesterday is any indication, your life (and ours by extension) is going to be crazy starting very soon. We’ll be here eagerly waiting and ready to support you and the new album. It's going to be simply amazing... that much I know without even hearing it.

Love ya,

Jeannie

Hey Dave,

I think I've finally recovered from the past few days of sensory overload... at least enough to come here and form what I hope ends up being a somewhat intelligent message. I will refrain from calling you "hot" or "sexy," even after the photoshoot footage we saw the other night that proved there's no doubt that you are, and I will focus on what I came here to say.

I have this playlist on my iPod entitled, "I miss his fucking face." Now, in case you're wondering, your face is the fucking face to which I refer, and I assembled said play list during an emo moment a few months after the Declaration Tour ended. Basically, this playlist has everything you've ever sung that is available to us, and some things we had to creatively rip from various sources. Live stuff, AI recordings, Axium, Analog Heart, DCTR, who knows what else... it's all there. It’s been added to as we received crumbs here and there, and is anxiously awaiting the day that I am able to add the new album. (It's so close I can taste it now!)

Now, I learned something last night as I sat with my ear buds in, shuffling this playlist, trying to read and getting distracted by you. I.Love.Your.Voice. Ok, so maybe I didn't learn that last night. I've known that for three years now, but sometimes, I need reminding. Times like this when all we seem to get are pictures instead of music, and you look so amazing it’s ridiculous, I need reminding most of all. It is, after all, about the music. (The fact that you’re so beautiful it hurts is simply the icing on the proverbial cake.)

As the songs shuffled from the downright growly "Don't You (Forget About Me") to softer songs like "Avalanche," then to some older, angsty Axium tracks like "Feed Your Ego," then to the vocal that stopped me in my tracks almost three years ago, "Music Of The Night," I fell in love with your voice all over again. Sometimes I feel bad for the people who have yet to discover you, or discounted you as being generic. I really, truly pity the people who will never realize what an amazing instrument you have and just what you’re able to do with it. You can hit the highest highs and the lowest lows and everything in between. You can sing gritty, dirty rock, soft ballads and broadway showtunes. I’m convinced there is nothing you couldn’t take and somehow make your own.

As I continued to listen, I found myself turning up the volume and just soaking it in. The lyrics, the music… the VOICE...that smokiness, the growl, that smooth, velvety grit that is unmistakably you... then before I knew it, "Little Sparrow," shuffled on and I was smacked upside the head with your falsetto. I found myself just lost in your voice for the first time in a long time.

Usually, I have music playing in the house, a playlist of my favorites or I’ll just hit shuffle, and it becomes background noise. I’ll be washing dishes or folding towels, and I’ll be singing along to whatever’s playing, not really paying much attention to what it is or the mechanics behind it. It hurts that I let you become background music, when you are so much more than that. Your voice is truly remarkable, and I should appreciate it as such. No more will I sing over you with my own mediocre voice as the dishwasher drowns both of us out.

In a world where music seems to be popular only if it’s been over-produced, auto-tuned and set to a typical pop beat, you are unique. You sound amazing no matter what you sing, whether you’re in the studio or on a stage. You are a true vocalist, and you leave me in awe. You sounded better when you had the flu during the Declaration Tour than 95% of popular singers would on their best day in a recording booth.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, as creepy as this statement may be… Your voice is my favorite sound in the entire world.

It is pure perfection.

And I want more.

Soon.

Now, even.

Carry on.

Love,

Daina

Dear David.

Thank you.

Thank you thank you thank you.

a CONCERT! On the East Coast! In a month and a half! It seems like it's been forever since I've had the privilege to see you do your thang on stage. If I can get a ticket, I'll be in that theater for your Concert for Hope. What an INCREDIBLE idea that is - raise a ton more money for the cause, and gift your concert-starved fans a show all in one.

I hope to hear a new song or two. And some old fav's *cough*ANODYNE!*cough*. But really, you could sing anything and your voice will carry me, all of us away.

Thank you.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Guest Guest

Dear David,

What Stacy and Daina said! LOL Face

Love that you are doing this Concert for Hope... such a great way to help the cause. I can't wait to see you in just 45 days. And I'm really looking forward to participating in my first Race for Hope. I'll be walking (not running) in memory of my good friend Stephanie who lost her battle with brain cancer a few years ago.

Thank you for doing this... thank you for being you.

Love,

Jeannie

Hey Dave,

Today is the day of the "official" announcement that the first single to be released on April 19, 2011 from the new album will be The Last Goodbye (Question: Why did they choose April Fools Day for this announcement???!!!???). The fact that you tweeted that news yesterday is almost as good as the news!!! Thank you for doing that for us! It's stuff like that that make us all love you even more! So, just thank you!

We have all been waxing a bit nostalgic lately, what with Idol being so good this year (the best since Season 7, which knows no rival) and the anticipation of the Race For Hope events, and, of course the new album. We were talking about how, during season 7, the fans on the Idol forums asked you for signs from you to us - like "the signal" (hand over heart) and the flower. The subject of the Word Nerd dog tags came up, the ones that were sent to you during Idol. I speculated that you may very well wear them at an upcoming show someplace, and the response to that was... positively emotional!! If it's possible, could you wear those at some form of public appearance again? That would mean so much to a lot of people. I hate to ask you for anything - you already give us everything - but that one subtle act would make a whole lot of people all over the world incredibly happy!

Thanks to you and the guys for keeping us all in the loop via Twitter. Love hearing your voice on Idol every week! Can not wait for the new single!!

Thanks for all you do for us!

Luv you guys!!
Peggy

Guest Guest

Hi David,

Just want to say......

April 19, 2011, first single off the new album is "The Last Goodbye"!!
THANK YOU!!! We have been waiting ever so patiently for this, and now it is here!

Well......almost, lol

GreatJoy dance

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Guest Guest

David--

HI !!!! *waves*

So great to see a bit of the lyrics for "The Last Goodbye". Can't wait to hear it!

That's all I got to say today. Short and sweet. Smile

Take care.

Love ya--

Kathy
"That Girl From Vietnam"

Dear David

I haven't written here in awhile so I'm gonna change that right now! wanted to say thank u so much for the Pet-a-Palooza concert you gave us last night. you sounded incredible, well rested and your boys too. thank u for the songs that u did, for the covers that sounded so gorgeous and unpredictable! lol (i'd never thought you'd ever ever cover Adele and let me tell u it was a genius move! Very Happy. i so wished i could attend the Race For Hope and the concert but I'll be cheering in spirit. keep doing that wonderful job of giving your time to finding a cure to cancer in any way you possibly can. that fight against cancer is never made in vain and your kind heart shows it.

I'm so excited for you and what's coming in the next weeks, months like the new single, album and maybe a new tour?? *winks*
whatever comes, just wanted to let u know that I'm a wordnerd 4 life, that you'll always have my support in any way I can. and thank u will never be enough for what you've brought back real music, feelings into my life for the past 3 years!

XOXOXO from Quebec, Canada

Stephora aka cookienerd0006
Declaration tour '09:13/03;23/05;03/08;04/08;02/10;03/10;14/11;16/11

P.S before I forget, can I thank u for the signal you did at my hometown show of Montreal in 2009? sounds a bit silly to mention that now but the fact that you and the band actually travelled all the way there made me really emotional that night and you remembering the signal and doing it mid-way through "Heroes" at the beginning did me in! thank u. it meant the world to me! Awww Love

Guest Guest
Hi David,

Just stopping by to say thank you for the beautiful mini concert this weekend in Vegas. I couldn't be there, but I had the pleasure of listening and watching courtesy of the WNH and the many fans who were kind enough to share their experience.

I was having a tough week, and your amazing voice really brightened up my world. Loooooved your cover of Rolling in the Deep. You have a way of really making me feel a song. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks at the Race and concert in DC. Please, please, please consider playing RITD at that show.

Take care, Barb

Hey David,

Thank you, Andy, Kyle, Monty, & Neal for the terrific min-show for the Pet-a-Palooza event in Vegas. It was so good to hear you guys again live!! It's been a looooonnnnnnggggggg time! I'm not sure who to thank for the lovely harmonizing duet you did with Dublin during the cover of Drive!! Great training to get Dubs to bark in just the right key!!! That was, in your words, awesome! *walks away from computer for a moment so I can stop laughing long enough to resume typing*

I hope you will be able to incorporate the "Rolling in the Deep" cover for the new tour. Me thinks you've found the replacement for "I Just Died In Your Arms". Hope to see you guys rocking out live soon (I define soon as the next couple of months, btw).

Luv you guys
Peggy

Dave,

Can you say sensory overload? It's only the beginning (well, the second beginning) and I feel like there's so much to process. The photoshoots, album preview videos and your teasing tweets were all fun for the last year and a half, but now things are really rolling. The end of waiting is in sight!

When we were waiting for the first album, we barely had time to anticipate it before POOF! There it was. Between the Idol tour and all the promo appearances, we didn't have more than a couple months to "miss" you. Then you toured FOREVER, which was amazing, and we got so spoiled. It was an exciting time, the first album, the first headlining tour. I went places that were further away than I ever thought I would travel for a concert... I dealt with weather I never wanted to deal with... I smelled things I never thought I'd smell for such a prolonged period of time... Shout out to Pemberton, NJ and the eau de cow shit! And I loved every minute of it.

Now, as we gear up to do it with you all over again, it feels different. It almost doesn’t feel real. We had a year and a half to wait while you toiled away at this album, tinkering and perfecting it, trying to bring your musical vision to life. The anticipation turned into impatience, and we started to get testy. When would we find out when this album was coming out? How many times did we have to hear "spring" or "soon" before we got a solid street date? Would we ever get a single? Why does David keep disappearing from twitter for days on end? It almost felt like no one wanted to tell us anything, and with every little crumb we got, we just got hungrier for information. (Oh the life of a die-hard fan! Woe is me Wink )

Now that we have so much information, I would like to apologize for my impatience, even if I never really voiced it to you. As much as I kept it hidden below the surface, I was getting frustrated with the wait. As much as I kept saying, "he just wants it perfect," and "It'll be worth the wait," deep down I was fretting. I started hoping you wouldn't lose the recognition you'd earned while you spent so much time away from the spotlight. I worried that people would get sick of waiting and lose interest. I worried that you would no longer be relevant, that people would consider you a has been or a failure.

And then, of course, in truly selfish fashion, I just wanted new music from you so bad it hurt. I wanted you on the road again because I missed your live shows. So I feel the need to apologize for doubting you, and occasionally cursing you behind your back. I could have gone through life never confessing my frustrations, but it feels better this way. So, I’m sorry.

Now, moving on…

This past week has been amazing. Bit by bit, little pieces of the puzzle were revealed, and as I look around, I see the forums starting to light up and buzz again. I'm starting to see people who I thought had moved on to other artists getting excited about you and your music again. Everything you do right now is media gold. Record the Idol boot song, and everyone and their mother talks about how you sing the cover better than the original. Sing an Adele cover at a random concert, get mentioned on dozens of radio station websites and entertainment blogs. Release the title, cover and release date of your new album and the internet is all a tizzy.

(By the way, the album cover is gorgeous. I mean, really gorgeous. I can’t lie and say anything wouldn’t be an improvement over the first album cover, but that aside, it it really, truly beautiful. I love everything about it, and the title is perfection. It just speaks to me. I don’t know why you chose it, or if you’ll ever let us know the answer to that question, but I love it regardless.)

Needless to say, I worried for nothing. You were missed. People are excited to see you getting ready to make music again. I have no doubt in my mind that this album will be a success, because you are loved by so many.

And you deserve that love. After years and years... and years... good lord, I'm getting old... Stop laughing, you’ll be 30 soon too… anyway, and years of following bands and solo acts, I found someone I am truly proud to invest my time and money in. It's more than the fact that I think you are the most talented person in the business, and that I can listen to every single song you've ever recorded and never tire of them. It's everything you do. It's your dedication for and honest love of what you do. It's the joy in your face when you're excited about music. It's your willingness to compromise in order to continue to do what you love. It’s in the way that you aren’t satisfied with the fact that you can sing your ass off, play guitar and write musical poetry, but you also want to push yourself to learn piano. And I’ve seen you play drums with my own eyes. You simply want to push yourself to do more, to improve and keep the progression flowing.

It's your kindness, both from what I have seen first hand and from what I've heard from others. The simple fact that you sign autographs and talk to fans when you can means the world to us. Little waves or a warm smile when you see a familiar face, or a simple two minute conversation when you run into us in the strangest places let us know you do love and appreciate your fans. And when you have those conversations, you actually listen and participate. You make eye contact and give your undivided attention. You care.

Fan stories aside... the DJ's you've interviewed with, photographers who have taken your picture, anyone who've worked with you for any reason, people who "knew you when"... no one who has ever met you has a bad thing to say about you. That speaks highly of your integrity. You're funny, loyal, charming, polite, sarcastic, down to earth and charitable. Your dedication to the Race For Hope year after year astounds me.

So I guess, this was my long winded attempt at saying… I’m still here, waiting patiently to do it all over again. I’m ready for “This Loud Morning.” I’m ready for the countless television appearances. I’m ready for another tour. I’m ready for the silly banter, surprise songs, hours of waiting and hopefully, a chance meeting or two. I’m ready to make more memories with the friends I’ve met because of you, and I’m ready to test out my second camera upgrade since you came into my life. (Why are you so photogenic!?)

And I’m willing to be patient while I wait for these things… especially since we now have a start date. June 28th. The countdown is on.

Bring it, baby!

Love,

~Daina

Dear David

I gotta tell you that i'm super super excited for your single coming out on the 19th! and of course your album Very Happy I just love listening to your voice it honestly makes me feel better (when i'm having a bad day which is all the time)

I am also looking forward to seeing you live @ Race for hope concert so i hope you do that "adele cover" which btw sounded AMAZING last weekend in vegas so i hope you do this cover in DC on the 29th. I miss you! miss seeing you so i'm looking forward to this show Very Happy

Wanted to say what's up! And also say miss & love you Awww Love

Love,
Pam from VA

Dear David,

I apologize for not writing in here sooner! It's been on my mind for awhile but I have been super busy with my classes, graduation, and work. I'm sure you'll forgive me Smile

Today is a great time to write you a message. It is the release day of your new single, The Last Goodbye! I have to say that it is a beautiful song and I enjoy it so much. I downloaded it from where I purchased a preorder of your upcoming album! June 28th will be here soon hehe. It will be awesome to receive your CD in the mail. I just hope the post office sends it to me! I also have been enjoying your cover of Simple Mind's "Don't You (Forget About Me)." The Breakfast Club is one of my favorite films ever, and it is nice to hear your voice every week although someone is always getting kicked off American Idol that night.

I discovered your cover of "Rolling In The Deep" by Adele at a recent show through YouTube, and it is awesome! Thinking about all the shows you have done nearby makes me kind of melancholy. I haven't seen any of your concerts since April 2009 in Knoxville when the tornado warning tried to make an appearance to many of us fans and you guys! Haha I'll never forget those memories and the great time I had. However, you will be on tour soon and I look forward to that.

I cannot wait to see you perform on the Idol stage this Thursday and perform the new single! I'm sure you and the guys will do an amazing job Smile

One more quick note: this weekend was enjoyable because I was able to spend time with my family, friends, and boyfriend after a long week of classes. My boyfriend is in a alternative rock band and plays guitar. When my boyfriend and I were driving to his hometown, I was playing my iPod Nano in my car and on shuffle your song, Bar-ba-sol, comes on. I thought I would test him and see if he may like it because most of the music he listens is diverse -- anything from Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Seven Mary Three, Ryan Bingman, Black Stone Cherry, Metallica, Marcy Playground, etc. It was very interesting and it made me smile to say the least! By the time the chorus was played for the third time, he was singing along quite well with it! I'm going to try to get him to learn the song so his band can play it as a cover at their show next month. He can already play "Light On" Very Happy

Lastly, I hope all is well with you in your life right now! I saw a YouTube video of one of your recent shows where your brother, Andrew, had brought little Dublin up onstage. Actually, no, he's not so little anymore! He's such a cute dog. You have so much coming up soon with the band and everything. You and the guys going to be busy but it will pay off soon! Cannot wait to hear the new album, check out your appearances, and see you live once again! You're an amazing musician and through your kind heart you have helped me so much mature into a well-rounded woman I have became today. Thank you so much!

Love,
Marilyn

Guest Guest
Hey David,

I just want to say that I absolutly LOVE "The Last Goodbye" and if this is an indication of what's to come on the Album..... I'm ALL for it!! June 28th cannot get here fast enough!!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Guest Guest
Dave,

I'm loving The Last Goodbye! It's been a long wait, but to hear this song makes it all worth it... and makes me so very excited and anxious to hear the whole album, This Loud Morning. June 28th can't get here soon enough.

The Last Goodbye seems like a perfect summer song, a roll down your windows and blast it while you drive song. By the second listen, I was already singing along. It's catchy, it's upbeat, the lyrics are so you - I especially love "We were almost beautiful, a broken piece of art put on display." From the first listen, I could just hear this on the radio... I think you've got a big hit on your hands, and you deserve it.

I can't wait to hear you perform this on Idol tomorrow night, and to be in the audience listening to you sing this in Washington, DC in nine days!

Love,

Jeannie

Hi Dave,
I was determined not to come over here cause it's always kinda bittersweet for me talking about my sentiments related to you.
As an international fan I'm always divided between the joy to be able to see you, listen to you interviews, shows at internet and thanks to the
amazing friends youtube videos, and the pain of living so far away and have so few chances to see you.
But I could not resist. My love for you and your music and my need to share my feelings with you are stronger than this.

Fisrt I want to thank you and tell how awesome was your Pet-a-Palooza show !!
Your new covers were awesome - when you announced you'll sing Drive I almost passed out: one of my favorite songs sung by my forever favorite singer - I was sure it'll be something to die for - and it was. I got chills, I could not refrain the tears rolling down my face and cried like a baby.
When I thought you had already gave us the show climax - you announced that will cover Adele's Roling in the Deep. I was speechless totally ecstatic by your superb performance ! I'm sure Adele must have been proud to see her music being played so brilliantly! PERFECT!
(Peggy said at some previous post that Roliing in the Deep would be a perfect cover in replacement of I just died in you arms tonight at your next tour, and I agree 100% with her ! )
And the most adorable and heart melting moment: You&Dublin - it's priceless ! Made me teary see the tenderness at your eyes looking to your "furry son" !!
Aww !! Sweetest moment ever !!

The Last Goodbye - I must confess by the snippet I could never imagine how amazing this song would be and how much I'd love it.
Loved the up tempo beat, loved even more the emotional lyrics with some touches of bitterness ("I wonder if he holds you like I did I hope that he can love you better Cause we were everything that's right at the wrong time") and the chorus is a "separate chapter" - so catchy, so addictive !! I can't stop singing and humming it all around my home, my work, at the street... And it's not only me... almost everyone has the chorus glued at the mind.
I'm not a music expert by I feel a certain "smell" of huge radio and charts success !! You & Tedder nailed it !!
The sellings numbers - so far - are amazing and I'm sure after your anxiously waited performance at AI tomorrow - they will skyrock !!

This Loud Morning - you can't imagine how much I liked the album title and the cover art !! I feel a certain english bands vibe on them !! Awesome !
Talk about how excited I am (we are in fact) for the album release it would be "rain in the wet". Seems that June 28th will take months to come !
By The Last Goodbye "appetizer" we can all imagine how awesome the remain songs will be !! OMG !!

I don't know if I'd be able to see you on tour this year - I planned my vacations at US next June imagining you'd be already on tour - FAIL !! But I haven't gave up yet. I'll do my best to make a miracle happens and fly to US at the second semester just to see one of your shows. Next August it'll be 2 years since the last (and so far only) time I saw you LIVE. It's so much time to be far away from all your awesomeness !! I'll do my best !! Maybe this time I'll be lucky to meet you !! My fingers (and toes... LOL) are already crossed !!

Looking forward to see this year at US and ASAP on a show here in Brazil (you already knew how many passionate fans you have here - thousands AMOF - waiting for you to show all our love - please let it happens - soon !!)

Love you to pieces

~Chris #2960
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hey Dave,

Just dropped in to say I love "The Last Goodbye"! It makes me even more excited to hear the rest of the album! Is it June 28 yet??? I've heard you say in the a couple of interviews over the last couple of days that you've noticed how restless we've gotten waiting for the new album (thanks for using restless and not bitchy or demanding, which is actually closer to the truth). Was it the screaming of "I NEED NEW MUSIC NOW!!!", or just the general begging for a release date that got your attention? LOL Even though the waiting has been, um... difficult. Yea... difficult... you have again exceeded our expectations. Thank you!

Luv you guys!!
Peggy

Dear David,

It’s been forever since I’ve written one of these, let alone been on WordNerdHome, and I apologize for that. I feel like such a sucky WordNerd that life got in the way, but when it rains, it pours right? I think that’s what the phrase means, but anyway…

I’ve been watching Idol this season and was so excited to find out you would be performing “The Last Goodbye”! It was by far the happiest and saddest Idol episode I’ve watched in a while. (Happy because you were there. Sad because of who went home [Disclaimer: Please don’t make fun of me people, I like Stefano Langone's voice.]) That bit with Steven Tyler was pretty funny as well.

The other day, I caught a Youtube clip of you seeing “Rolling in the Deep”. That was amazing!! I used to not like that song, and now I love it thanks to you!

I’ve been meaning to write something for a while now, and now that I’ve heard the newest single (on Youtube on April 19th when it came out and now on Idol), I absolutely love it. It’s so catchy and I cannot stop listening to it as I work, cannot stop humming it everywhere I go. I can’t wait to hear it on the radio!

I can’t wait for June 28th- it honestly seems so far away. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a copy near the release date and not 4 months later, like last time. Regardless though, I’m sure it will be a fantastic album.

Take care, take care of yourself and remember...

“Put something silly in the world that ain’t been there before…”
-Shel Silverstein

WN#1644

~CookieTime

Hi David
Great job on The Last Goodbye I love it and it was so exciteing to see you perform it on Idol. I can't wait for the whole CD to Drop due to some unexpected funds i can't upgrade my order maybe down the road i'll be able to. Love you to bits and i will always follow you no matter what. Thanks for giving your fans what you have and we all LOVE YOU FOR IT SmileSmile
Take Care and Talk Soon ON WITH THE TOUR NOW PLEASE LOL flagLOL flag
LOVE U
Jan
WN #964
DCWatchin
xoxoxooxoxoxoxxo
Rochester N.Y.

Dear David,

Just popping in here, after your Concert for Hope earlier this evening to say it was SO great to see and hear you up on that stage again. I missed it. A lot. I think maybe you and your band-family missed touring too. You all looked like you were having a blast up there.

I wasn't very close this time but MAN! was the sound great in that theater! And you sounded incredible. And the new songs were incredible. And my first live The Last Goodbye - wow is that song infectious - you had that whole theater as into it as if they had been hearing it on the radio for months! Like all your songs, there is something extra, something more about it live. I really liked it before. Now I love it!

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing FOUR songs from your upcoming album with us at this show! We are addicted to your music and new songs you've written are like the holy grail to us. I don't know why you thanked us so many times - it is YOU we thank for sharing your music with us, and inspiring us to get involved in amazing things like the Race for Hope, and being the catalyst for us fans to forge incredible friendships. You know, during Heroes, one of my favorites, you know how we all sing the "but you're still standing" line? And how we accompany it with a hand in the air? We're not just gesturing to the air. We are pointing. At you. YOU're still standing. And we're still standing behind you.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Dear David,

Just dropped in to say how awesome was Concert for Hope - though I was not the lucky ones who were there live, I was able to follow by the ustream (thanks to our amazing WNs friends) and somehow "witnessed" that awesome show.
You're better than ever - and the new songs caught all of us - for these samples we can easily imagine how great and epic will be This Loud Morning album.
It's awesome to see you sing Don't You Forget about Me live and share all this song energy with the audience !!
It's also amazing to see the audience singing along with you The Last Goodbye. The song is really addictive and live with the audience vibe it's even better.
I foresee great things for you at the future connected with this song and the new album.
The people here are kidding me, calling me psych cause I guessed the meaning of your "14" tattoo - so don't doubt my predictions !! Smile

It's awesome to follow those emotional moments (though by the computer screen) you and the fans who went to RFH lived together.
First you walking with the survivors while HEROES been played (I could not avoid the tears)...
Later after the race, the audience cheering you, shouting you name, hundreds of people singing Time of My Life, your family as closest friends with you (more tears...).
I hope one day I could be there to run for all my dear ones who died of cancer !

Be able to watch your shows by Ustream or Youtube video will always be a dichotomous situation to me: both amazing and heartbreaking .
If at one hand it's amazing to be able to see/listen you perform, and see how joyfull for you is be at the stage sharing the show with your fans, at the other hand is heartbreaking to be forced to see/listen you ONLY by a computer screen.

You certainly think I'm your most boring fan cause I'm always talking about this.
I don't know to what extent you can understand how difficult is to be a fan of yours and live miles away from you with little or no chance of seeing a live show.
I'm sure the idea of a World Tour must already came into your mind, cause you know you have fans all over the globe.
I hope you could soon give us - your international fans - something concrete about this, like when and where !
We know this decision doesn't only dependends of your will (which we imagine is as big as ours, that one day we could meet - you at the stage, and us at the audience thrilling with your show).

Sorry ! But this is just the desperate outburst of a fan who, on behalf of thousands of your fans can not wait to have you singing in their countries.

Love you to pieces !

~Chris #2960
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.