Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

Busch Gardens Show 2 - Sunday 8/08/10

Guest Guest

Thanks, Jamie! That's awesome! So glad so many people went to the shows Very Happy

And yours pics, Holy Sheep!Melt

BTW, RCApromo just tweeted the pic in your avi Cool

Quote :
@RCAPromo Check out the pic @jalyndani took of David Cook tonight at Busch Gardens http://twitpic.com/2cnmv4. Nice shot!

Guest Guest
LOL flag he's just a goofball!

Guest Guest

Me too! That's one of the things about him that makes him so lovable Heart

Guest Guest

Thanks for posting, Mae Smile Here's the Q&A. Kinda short, lol.

Quote :

Q and A with David Cook
August 9, 2010
by buschgardensva

Fans and followers,

Thanks for sending in all of your questions for David Cook. He put on two great shows over the weekend, and then took the time to answer some of your great questions. Hopefully he answered one of yours.

What is your favorite song you have ever performed?
Don’t really know about a favorite song, but one of my favorite performances was “Permanent” at the season 8 AI finale. There were a lot of moving parts involved in putting that together, and to see everyone involved give of themselves to make that moment happen… that meant a ton to me.

Do you have any rituals or traditions that you have to do before you go on stage?
Before we go on, we (the band) do the whole “hand-in, hoo-rah!” thing. My rituals are more a part of the “on-stage” portion. Cinnamon gum, for some reason, has to be on my amp. Chewing gum keeps some moisture in my throat, for on, but it’s also a bit of a mental crutch.

What’s your favorite hobby?
Anymore, my hobbies revolve around relaxing and turning my brain off. Hanging with my pup, family, and friends is always good, but I’m not big on the going out thing. Low key is perfect.

What do you miss the most at home when you’re on the road?
Two things: My bed and my dog

What are your plans for 2011?
New Record, New Tour, New People, New Places

Quote :

What are your plans for 2011?
New Record
New Tour
- Does it mean he will start the new tour only at 2011 or it will last till 2011 ? scratch
New People
New Places
- I hope this could mean some International Shows planned to next year !!! Fingers Crossed!!!

Made wrote:
Me too! That's one of the things about him that makes him so lovable Heart

HeartHeart love that he can make everyone laugh. love him

Guest Guest

OMFG.... those pants on him looked SO GOOD!!! Thud_old

Great pics ladies, thank you so very very much for all the pretties I'm Not Worthy!

Well, here I am again....2nd show...Tonite I had a spot right in front of David, with one person in front of me ! WOW ! But again, the heat got me...could not last. Gave up my spot again! Actually got better pictures from abot 20 feet away than the nite before...my first set of pictures of my own from David's shows!
I have tons of them, too tired right now to deal with them. will put a few here soon. It was so good tonite, David was funny, we all were laughing, and he brought little girls on state again, as well as that guy with a crush on Monty!
After the show we went on a soaking wet ride...but honestly, David is the ONLY only I would ever do this for....waiting all day...roasting to death....I am so happy! Pictures will come soon...when I get some rest!

Have any banter video's surfaced other than the dad and the girls on the stage? Or was he just not as chatty as he usually is?

Guest Guest
So glad to know everybody is getting home safe after such an awesome weekend!

Oh, gosh, Viv, I don't have any videos but the best banter of the night IMO was one that went something like this:

"So, I was at home, hanging out with my Dad, and watching TV. I'm a big sports fan, and we were watching sports and they were showing these montages of best moments or something from the season [me: I don't think he said what sport. Maybe it was the time they used it for the tennis tournament?]. And these guitars started playing, and I was thinking, 'This song sounds kind of familiar!" Then the drums started kicking in and then I realized, 'Hey, this is MY song! This is the song, Heroes."

One of my favorite banters of his ever. Especially because he was with his Dad when it happened. Awww Love

Thank you SOOO much ladies for the ustream, it is so wonderful to watch and feel like you are there, almost!!! Really appreciate it!!! And you all got beautiful pictures, my goodness!

As for whether Dave was chatty, well I wasn't there but from the ustream it seemed like a particularly chatty show to me with the whole Monty thing, the little girls, the Heroes banter that Stacy just posted, and I am not sure what else. I love his personality as much as his voice and the banter just makes his shows so wonderful so I'd love to see banter vids too - hopefully more will surface.

Hi! Hi, Jane! I'm sure they will surface eventually. He was particularly chatty, and loose. Really, I thought he loosened up a lot between the first show and the second. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the first show but felt like he was holding back, which is strange for him. He didn't go for notes that he is normally confident he'll nail the first night. Like "So tell me you can hear these words tonight in Declaration - that's a tough one at the end, and I know he's bantered before that he's really lost his breath finishing that song, but he didn't even try it Saturday. But Sunday... DAMN was he on fire. Every second of every song. Definitely one of the best DC concerts I've ever been to. Will try to write a full recap. But after nearly 12 hours of driving and trains, and stressing out about Sony, today, I might crash before I finish it.

Guest Guest
I agree that Saturday he seemed to pull back on some of the sustained "glory" notes. Sunday he went for and hit every single one of them. I have no idea why, could be for any number of reasons....saving his voice for recording, tired from traveling(the canceled flight getting in late etc). I doubt we will ever know for sure.

I'm wiped out and have to work two jobs tomorrow. I promise I'll write a recap as soon as I catch up on sleep.

Tricia wrote:

Great pics ladies, thank you so very very much for all the pretties I'm Not Worthy!

yes those pants looked REALLY good...

@momtoknj wrote:
Tricia wrote:

yes those pants looked REALLY good...

LOL flag that's usually the first thing i look at is his pants. Great he looks really good in those pants

^^ Hi back atcha, Stacy! Hi! Yes I agree with Barb and Stacy from what I could see sitting at home, it did seem he was looser both musically and with the banter and such on Sunday. He might have been tired from the travel, after all their flights were messed up and they were 3 hours off, etc. And then he might have been trying not to wear out his voice before the second show at the first. By the way, this is the wrong thread but I remember someone saying that at the first show he'd done banter about their flights and having to fly to a different airport and drive and such - I don't think we got that on the ustream - anyone see a video of that banter? I guess I should go look in that thread again LOL flag

justforme wrote:
Lovely photos by Nick D

Here's the link to his other pics.
http://diamondd.smugmug.com/Concerts/DCBG/13266696_GBPZ9#964474474_QkxkG

Did anyone see the etch-a-sketch banter? That was Jul's etch-a-sketch I think. He was like, "this night is all about Monty I guess" or something, and asked for the etch-a-sketch he could see from the front row. He said it looked like a mug shot and made Monty come up and pose with it. Laughing

Ok...just looked at Nick's pics. The first one is amazing. BUT....I have one question. What was Skibby thinking? Nice outfit and little lady looking keds w/o socks? scratchWTF Yeah I notice the weird $hit! LOL!

I miss all you gals from this weekend already. Crying

Bedtime for me. Glad to see so many people back now that there's some Dave news. Can't wait for the new album, record release, and next tour! Excited

[/quote]

LOL flag that's usually the first thing i look at is his pants. Great he looks really good in those pants[/quote]

I look at the hair and then straight to the pants.. So glad I am not alone Drool

Guest Guest

I'm going to be really lazy and write one combined recap in this thread. This was an amazing weekend, shared with some wonderful women. Stacy, Jeannie and Peggy were incredible road trip buddies. Busch Gardens is a beautiful park with a dedicated, organized and friendly staff. They could use a few signs pointing the way to Germany....just sayin.

The girls all traveled to my place in NJ on Friday. We spent the night here and hit the road for VA early Saturday morning. I'm really glad we left a bit earlier than we originally planned. The 5ish hour drive ended up taking almost 7 1/2 hours. We finally got to BG and into the venue a little after 4 pm. We ended up in separate areas for Saturday's show. Peggy chose Neal's side, I chose Andy's and Stacy planted herself firmly in the middle in order to get the best possible stream for all of you.

I have to give Stacy credit. It was REALLY hot and I know I couldn't handle being packed in the middle of the crowd. I don't know how she, Barb, Jeannie and Mae did it. A huge thank you to her for taking on the phone holding duties for both shows. Also a huge thank you to Barb and Nancy for the use of their iphones.

BG was extremely organized in the way they handled the line and moving us from the line into the venue.

I ended up next to Daina and Jen the first night and near them plus Chel, Jeannie and Jamie the second night. I also was next to two very nice young girls from Maine both nights. If you are on the forum HELLO to you both! It was so nice to hang out with some old friends and to meet some new ones.

The first thing I noticed was that there were quite a few men and families including teen boys in the audience. The guys near me knew the songs and were singing and head bopping right along with us.

I won't go over the whole set list as I'm sure you've all seen it already. I will say that David was holding back a bit vocally on Saturday. But on Sunday he really went for it vocally and hit every note dead on. Lie was simply stunning, probably the best I've ever heard. DIYA was full of angst and guitar beating, just the way it should be. Paper Heart is Excited2Yahoo! It's beyond catchy, radio friendly and damn if it isn't stuck in my head(stuck in the rain, stuck in the rain).

Dave was chatty and seemed so happy this weekend. Sunday night while thanking the fans he looked overwhelmed by the response, participation and size of the crowd. The place was packed both nights. The estimate I got from one BG employee was somewhere between 5 and 6 thousand. Several BG peeps mentioned that they had never seen a crowd like this for one of their concerts. IMO it was easy to see that he missed that instant feed back and love he gets from a live audience. I believe he needed this just as much as we did.

The guys looked great in their dressy outfits but I have to question their sanity lol. Okay maybe the first night they didn't realize just how freakin hot it would on stage in ties, dress shirts, vests, jackets.....But when they came out in similar clothing the second night I was like WTF

For those asking about his banter. There was all the Monty stuff, the Heroes banter that Stacy mentioned above and... He talked about their canceled flight, had a back and forth with someone who yelled during that banter about getting into an accident on their drive to the show. He did his fake bad ass thing where he told the girl "I'll take a lot of guff but don't you roll your eyes at me(all with the stern face)" Then he realized that some people were taking him seriously and he busted up laughing. Both nights he pulled little girls up on stage, it was adorable. The second night he talked about the last few songs of the first night being "dicey" due to the heat. He had two big fans aimed at him on Sunday lol. At various times he commented on the crowd. He called us incredible. Thanked us for waiting out there in the heat to see them. He said we were one of the best audiences he's ever had. I'm glad he appreciated us because we sure as hell appreciated HIM.

We had a word nerd dinner last night after the show. It was Stacy, Peggy, Jeannie, Daina, Chel, Kristen, Jamie, Tami, Barb, Nancy, Jen and myself. We were all pretty wiped out from the travel and heat. But we still managed to have a fun time, good conversation and much laughter.

It was hard to say good bye to everyone last night and to my road trip partners today. I hope everyone had a safe trip home.

I always forget a few things so edit to add: We have the most amazing photographers in this fandom. Thank you all for the gorgeous pics!! Jamie, Daina, Jen, Eve, Mae and everyone else that shared with us, I love you all!!

Eve, thanks for capturing this pic of guitar sex:

Seriously, I guess I was just in withdrawal, but holy hell it was sexy! Shocked Even my computer was melting.

Guest Guest

Just got home from the airport, from a most wonderful and amazing weekend, spent with some great friends. I promise I'll write a recap tomorrow, but I'm just too worn out tonight.

I just have to quickly say that David was definitely feeling the love, and giving it right back! He gave the Signal a few times both nights. He was almost tearing up at the end on Sunday night. The crowd was phenomenal, and though there were many of us "hard-core" fans there, we were way outnumbered by people who were there for the first or second concert. The crowd was huge the first night, even bigger the second night, and they were ALL into it! Folks were clapping, heads were banging... male and female, young and old. I knew I'd missed him... but didn't realize how much until I saw him on that stage. It was just a fantastic weekend.

Loving all the pics and vids, and thanks to all who took them, and to Stacy (and Barb and Nancy for their phones) for the ustream.

Most of all, it was a weekend of fun with some great people! I'm so glad I finally got to meet Barb, Stacy, Barbs, Peggy, Mae, (and got to be with her when she lost her DC&TA cherry LOL Face ) Jamie, Nancy, Jen, and a bunch of others that my sun-baked, exhausted brain can't think of right now. And to see so many others again - like Eve, Rachel, Hannah, Crystal, Daina, Chele, ... I've missed you all!

Okay, this is long for a "quick" post, but I just had to say I had an absolutely amazing time, and I can't wait to do it all again. David, Neal, Andy, Kyle, and Monty are the best... and so are all the wonderful Word Nerds who have come together because of them. Love you all! Awww Love

Awwww, loving the recaps an hearing about all the fun everyone had together. Barb, your WN dinner got me. I so want to attend one of those again. Won't be long. Won't be long.

Thanks everyone or sharing your experiences with those of us who couldnt attend this show. The Ustream sure made that fact more bearable.

Is there any video of him singing love me sexy? It was a crack up on the ustream and I'd like to see it again.

Finally home. Best thing I heard all weekend was from a friend who had a gift to give to David, so she gave it to Michelle. I asked her to ask if the boys got their photobooksbooks, which they did, and Michelle said that they actually had a copy with them backstage and were looking through it. Cute much? I love them. That means one of them had to actually pack it and bring it with them! Awww Love

Other than that, no real recap. Just a lot of sun, pavement riding and two awesome, sweaty shows.

I posted links, but I'll post some of my best pics, now that I'm home with decent wifi Wink

david_10.jpg

david_11.jpg

david_12.jpg

david_13.jpg

@Piper wrote:
The guys at a Rollercoaster
@BuschGardens_VA: @thedavidcook took some time after the concert to ride Griffon.
Owly Images

LOL flag He looks scared or it's only my impression !! LOL flag
Owly Images

This is the rollercoaster - It's crazy !! Cool
I'd love to ride this one...maybe with DC at my side to hold my hand... or I hold his... Rolling Eyes
in the second one he looks like he's getting ready to throw up! LOL flag

Eve, thanks for capturing this pic of guitar sex:

Seriously, I guess I was just in withdrawal, but holy hell it was sexy! Shocked Even my computer was melting.
Neal looks like a member of the Beatles here... Shocked

Daina, It looks like he is looking directly at you in that last photo.

And how amazing is it that they brought their photobook from the Declaration tour with them? They are amazing.

Guest Guest

Here you go Viv.

Guest Guest

Here are some of my favorites I took. It was really an amazing show-worth all the wait in the hot sun! He was truly on fire.

Andy and Neal~

before Lie~

end of lie~

Dave & Neal~

Dave & Monty and the drawing~I love Monty playing along!

Dave & Neal~

Has the glow from the red lights up above~

Putting on the Archie tshirt~I love Kyles face!

He was patting it down once he put it on~

justforme wrote:
Here you go Viv.

LMAO! What a thing to wake up to. Thanks for posting this for me. Laughing hystericallLaughing hystericall