Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iloveDCyes

I feel bad for people in countries where he hasn't been...

I wish David would go to Europe, so many fans could see him. I have a friend here in Israel, Pakistan...etc.....so many fans have not seen him!

We cannot keep him all to ourselves....there is a whole world out there who needs to see him perform live.... DC Cheerleader

Do you think he has plans to do that?  barbas10.jpg

Guest Guest

I think that David would happily perform anywhere and everywhere. But realistically, it's not up to him. It's up to his management. If he has album sales and interest that look like a tour (or a few shows) would be supported, I'm sure they will do it. That's why the Philippines got him (and Archie) so quickly. But if the interest is just a small group, it's much less likely to happen.

I think in time, as he puts out more albums, and his base of fans (not his fanbase) Wink grows, it is very possible. And I'm sure David will be very happy and excited to play all over the world.

My best advice to international fans would be to buy the album, to get their friends to buy it, to get the radio stations to play it. It doesn't take the number of sales over there that it does here - in many other countries records go gold with just a few thousand in sales. Adam Lambert has done well in many foreign countries with several thousand sales there, and RCA is sending him touring in some of those places. When that happens for David, and the label feels they can make back the amount of money it will cost them to send them overseas, I'd expect foreign tours will happen.

Thank you Karen Hug

The international interset is far from being a small group there are many fans especially all over Europe. I don't know about DCO but in D-C.org there was a very active forum for international fans. I got dozens of letters for him when I was doing the international message book.

Regarding getting the radio stations to play it... I don't know about other places, but I can tell you that in Israel it's very diffrent from States. The majority of the radio stations don't even have a web site that you can go and send a request, we don't have diffrent stations for diffrent kind of music (Rock, Top 40 etc) they all play everything and you can't just call the station and ask for any song you want, the stations dictate what albums they have in their stock. I don't think they'll even know who I'm talking about. We buy the album and tell our friends about David but there is just so much we the fans can do without the support of a proper promotion.

IMO it is his management responsibility to get his name out there internationally. It doesn't matter how hard we'll try if he won't be promoted through proper channels he is not going to get the international recognition. They won't even play his music video in MTV Europe so how do you expect people to know him? Right now they do nothing to promote him internationally.

You are right. Gosh, I rarely hear him on radio in CT....I think his management ought to think about some international gigs for him....He has fans everywhere! If he played in Europe, they would flock to his show from everywhere in that part of the world...I think....

I have no doubt about the international interest of his shows. What matters is (beside the album sales, of course) the number of people who would actually buy tickets to the show. People who buy the album don't always go to shows, specially if they have to travel or if they can't afford the tickets. And this is the case for my country.

See, to get a break even point where everyone would leave the show satisfied (by everyone I mean the promoter and the artist-the price and all), we have to get at least 3000 people to buy tickets and that is highly unlikely. Why do I say that? Because judging by the 'fan traffic' on the internet, I can't even find 10 people from around here who love David so much who would do anything to get tickets to his show

So yeah, the chance for me is very very slim, but I still keep my hopes up. Maybe if he's involved with MTV project or anything like it, I can get my chance. It will most likely be in Singapore or Malaysia but I'm willing to hop on a plane to get to it.

For example, Kelly Clarkson took 8 years after winning Idol to have a tour here. After she had produced 4 albums. And the show wasn't even packed with fans. Yes, around 3400 people showed up, but there's still some visible empty spaces. The other issue is the show date. Venues are usually fully-booked and/or charge relatively higher on weekends so the promoter tends to do shows on weekdays, which in my opinion, decrease the number of people go to the show by a pretty high margin. You know... when you're not that hardcore of a fan like us, you don't really wanna waste money to see a show when you have to work or go to school the next morning. It's a sad fact and it's all not as easy as I hope it would be.

I got to see him in the States last year. i'm grateful i could afford it .
Actually i heard that one station or more did play David, but it was Billie Jean. which was also used in a commercial Great ,but i'm not sure about anything from DCTR. No-no!

I wish David would go to Europe, so many fans could see him. I have a friend here in Israel, Pakistan...etc.....so many fans have not seen him!

We cannot keep him all to ourselves....there is a whole world out there who needs to see him perform live.... DC Cheerleader

Do you think he has plans to do that?  barbas10.jpg

Don't forget his fans at South America.
He has a huge fan club here at Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Peru, Chile !!

Our guy needs to come here !!! Please!Fingers Crossed!!!

I guess the videos are what keep people going who have not seen David in person.....the videos are awesome! I cannot imagine living where he has not come, or scheduled to come...so hard, so very hard. The videos are great, but the excitement of seeing him live is mindboggling.....

I am very lucky....I just hope his tour manager arranges foreign shows.....

I guess the videos are what keep people going who have not seen David in person.....the videos are awesome! I cannot imagine living where he has not come, or scheduled to come...so hard, so very hard. The videos are great, but the excitement of seeing him live is mindboggling.....

I am very lucky....I just hope his tour manager arranges foreign shows.....

Amen to that. Thanks for your concern. Keep crossing your fingers for us, okay? Hug

David is just way too wonderful to NOT go all over the planet!

I pray for him all the time, and will pray for his touring...I am sure he wants to visit other countries as much as they want him to! OMG, please God, send David to all corners of the world!

Many artists/bands, once they get sucessful enough and have a few albums out do a world tour. I really really hope that a world tour is in the cards for David & The Anthemic.

Fingers Crossed!!!

Same goes with me. We have lots of Europeans friends, particularly in Brazil, Puerto Rico and even in other Asian country. Good thing that we manages to see him here in the Philippines. I hope David can perform globally! Very Happy

keep3111.jpg

Many artists/bands, once they get sucessful enough and have a few albums out do a world tour. I really really hope that a world tour is in the cards for David & The Anthemic.

Fingers Crossed!!!

I really, really hope so too. I hope he visits Europe, Asia, South America, Australia... everywhere he has dedicated fans like all the great international fans on our board. Magic Rainbow

Guest Guest
Jeannie wrote:

My best advice to international fans would be to buy the album, to get their friends to buy it, to get the radio stations to play it. It doesn't take the number of sales over there that it does here - in many other countries records go gold with just a few thousand in sales. Adam Lambert has done well in many foreign countries with several thousand sales there, and RCA is sending him touring in some of those places. When that happens for David, and the label feels they can make back the amount of money it will cost them to send them overseas, I'd expect foreign tours will happen.

I am waiting, not so patiently sometimes, for David to get more recognition here in Australia. As Jeannie said, Adam has done well in other countries. Australia is one of them.

Not long after Idol finished, he actually was here for a week or so I think. I didnt take too much notice but he did a few interviews and performed at Mardi Gras. My local radio station plays both his singles fairly often, sometimes a couple of times a day. On a Friday afternoon, there is a show that is on the radio, where they interview a band/artist and play a few songs off their albums and last week they featured Adam. The only time I have heard David on the radio is the few times when listening to the US countdown that they broadcast.

I am hoping that this next album is more widely received and that I might actually be able to find the real deal in the stores and not have to rely on a digital copy. I am sure that if I looked I would find Adam's in the stores but then again, Adam's dancey/poppy stuff is more popular here. In the meantime, I am going to support David and the guys from afar. And when my mum goes to the US for a visit at Christmas, I am sending her a list of albums to bring back. Hopefully the second album is out by then.