Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cookie4tune

The Chit-Chat Thread (part 2)

The Chit-Chat Thread (part 1) is HERE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God, this needs more views:

Wow! What an incredible range he has!!! And a great ear - he wasn't even pitchy! Thanks for sharing that!

Guest Guest
Wow he's very good!

hey girls, I need to vent again, I went to get my husband a glass of water and my mother in law jumped down my throat because of it, I have a kind heart and it makes me feel like crap that she's treating me this way, I spent the rest of the day with my sister in law, she's awesome to hang out with, she moved in with us and his mom is treating her better than me, all I know is she better treat me better at my baby shower on Sunday.

Guest Guest
What bothered her about you getting him a glass of water? I'm sorry that she's giving you such a hard time.

she thinks that I baby him too much and that I wont have time for our son when he's born, she thinks that I will have the baby on my hip while I do it, I will spend as much time with my son as I can Mad

Guest Guest

Sorry to hear that, Neva. Hug Does she live with you? Because that's not going to be fun for you if she is.

we live with them, because hubby cant afford to get us a place of our own right now, his hours are getting cut at work and he works part time, so that kinda sucks, I just have a kind heart, I love helping people out especially my own hubby., I do have good news about him, the water around his heart is gone, just trying to get his blood pressure down now.

If it's any consolation, Neva, there are tons of that like your MIL here. Lol. It's not good, but it happens. I'm sorry you have to go through that Hug

Let's just hope she just had a bad day.

Guest Guest
{{Neva}} Sending hugs your way. It's hard enough having a newborn and learning how to be a mom without interference. I really hope that your MIL lets you learn on your own how best to care for your child.

hey girls, I need to vent again, I went to get my husband a glass of water and my mother in law jumped down my throat because of it, I have a kind heart and it makes me feel like crap that she's treating me this way, I spent the rest of the day with my sister in law, she's awesome to hang out with, she moved in with us and his mom is treating her better than me, all I know is she better treat me better at my baby shower on Sunday.

You need this!!! Hug

thanks girls, so far no more drama, I am happy that hubby is doing much better with his heart condition, just worried about his blood pressure, he has a new manager at work that is a total bitch to him and driving him crazy and making him have anxiety issues and one of his medications to keep his blood pressure down was not called in by his doctor at all, she was very rude to my hubby and my mother in law today, he's going to try to go to the health department to see another doctor, she wants to see him in two months again, we will have the baby by then, I never have liked her one bit.

Guest Guest

Amazing! I'm Not Worthy!

ETA: For the record, I was talking about the Julian Thomas video Wink

Awwww, Neva! It sounds like you are living with too much stress - you and everyone there! Try talking to you MIL - here's how you go about such a thing so that the stress gets relieved and not magnified - 1. Do NOT say things like "I'm making you mad" or "You don't________" Make about you and how you're feeling, and not what someone does or doesn't do. 2. Always think about how you are going to word this conversation to make the problem YOUR problem, and not the other persons. Put them in a position to help you, and not in a position where they have to defend themselves. Start with something like "May I ask you a question?". Then say something like "I'm feeling upset because I know I'm doing something wrong that is causing you to be stressed, but I don't know what it is. It upsets me to know I'm causing this stress to you, of all people, who have helped us so much! Could you please help me understand what I'm doing wrong?" 3. Watch your tone of voice - be sincere - try to keep all anger/angst out of your voice. Say the words like you are asking for help, not like you are accusing or resentful.

I hope you can resolve some of the stress in your daily life.
Hug

Guest Guest

Neva, I'm sorry that you're going through so much stress particularly now that the baby is due shortly. Hope everything gets better once you have him with y'all. Hug

I talked to my mother in law, everything is great now, she brought up her mom that passed away a few years ago and it's her mom's birthday today, it made her cry and made me tear up because I miss seeing both my grandmas that are still alive and both my grandpas that are gone, it just made me realize I married into a amazing family and that they will be there for me and our son, I am sooo emotional right now, because of the hormones and just thinking about family and all the friends I have made on here and everywhere else, and how blessed I am to have a amazing hubby and a beautiful son on the way, god has blessed me in so many ways.

Guest Guest

That's great news, Neva! Hug

Guest Guest

Neva, that's great news! Sometimes, as Peg said, it only takes a minute to sit down and chat for a while, to understand each other. And as David said
"Is it a labor just to see
Around the left, the right, over my head
To straight ahead"

Wink

Been a good Saturday, went to a Mary Kay party, ate lunch with my best friend, got one half of my mom's birthday present, got a toe nail polish change and now at home catching up on everything online. Just watched the video with David and the kids, so adorbs!!!

Guest Guest

Seems you had fun, Jamie Very Happy

My Saturday is the same as every other Saturday lmao! Same ol' same ol' lol. The only thing i did today was wash my blanket and that's about it. It's hard to find something to do when you don't have anybody to hang out with you it just sucks. I hope everybody is having a good weekend!!!

It's almost time for This Loud MorningTLM and Go WordNerds! birthday fun!!!

Just a little bit Made. Saturday aint over with yet Smile I'm trying to catch up with all things on the site here that David's done. In having a job now, I'm not here as much as I used to be.

Guest Guest

Well, Jamie, RL exists beyond David, lol. So happy for ya that you have a job! Great

And Pam, bday chat party was awesome!!! You know we're here for you Hug

Guest Guest
LOL flag Karen! I actually love my ex MIL. She is BSC but I can't handle it because she lives 900 miles away. Most people get rid of their MIL if their marriage ends. Not me, mine disowned her son and still talks to me at least once a week.

My ex's mom HATED me and she was pretty much the main reason he ended the relationship. But I was miserable then and I'm happy now, so... thank you, ex future-mom-in-law? LOL!

Btw, I can't remember which songs off DCTR Dave wrote specially for us the fans. Can someone please refresh my memory?

Guest Guest
He said "Declaration" was his song for the fans, Dinna. "Heroes" was for his family.

Guest Guest

A Daily AntheM was for Adam or for himself about Adam, don't know exactly. Hence the special capitalization Wink

Oh I know about that... I was talking about the "if I told you that you're everything, would you sing along" part Smile

Guest Guest

Don't think it was written for us as it was pre-Idol, but the "sing along" part has worked wonderfully in his shows Great Love it and that's why it's my phone's ringtone, lol.

hey ladies, baby shower went well, got some stuff and enjoyed time with family, not a whole lot of people showed up, but it was nice having family there.

Guest Guest

That's wonderful to know, Neva! Thanks for keeping us posted Very Happy

Guest Guest
Neva, I'm glad that you had a good day!

I know this doesn't belong here but i'm not sure where to put this lol..

Does anybody know where i can find mp3's of this?

i missed it and i would love to hear this lol.

Guest Guest
Part 2 already! Are we chatty or what? lol. You'll find a link to Part 1 in the OP.

Guest Guest

Hey Pam Hi!

How are you doing this fine day? So many goodies I've been trying to catch my breath since this morning Thud

Hey Made Hi!

Today been very exciting in dcland! Loving all these goodies and now we will see/hear some ustream tomorrow for more goodies Very Happy

How are you?

Guest Guest

You know, Pam? I'm just... can't describe how I'm feeling! We've been supporting David since we've "met" him and even if there was a silence -musically speaking- we were all hanging in there, giving him the time to process things, both personally and artistically. We've chatted, done puzzles, shared "cookie crumbs" along the way, got to know each other better and just hanging out, while David was crafting... THIS MASTERPIECE OF AN ALBUM!!! WOOT!!!

All the waiting was so worthy (or wordy, lol). We've all become stronger, more bonded than ever... And now this gift from David... I don't have words... Awww Love

Group Hug1 awww!!! it's all coming together! It's almost here Very Happy I'm going to take a picture of my kissing the record and posting it on here! (i'm sure everybody else is probably doing the same thing) we waited for so long and it's FINALLY here!!!!

I have to show this to you guys. My friend, Dave (no not THAT Dave) made me a birthday card!!! ROFLOL

Front of card (that's my friend Dave on the front cover)

Here's the inside:

He knows me too friggin well! LMAO!!

Guest Guest
ROFLOL Great card, and he's obviously a great friend Peggy! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

eta: Just checked... happy EARLY birthday. Wink

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.