Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Piper

Anyone else curious about the "gems" David left behind ? Only me ?

David wrote/co-wrote 86 songs intended to be part of his sophomore album. Only 14 of them was chosen to be part of This Loud Morning.

It's only me that is so Excited and curious to listen some of these songs that didn't make it ?

Knowing David amazing talent as a songwriter I'm quite sure a lot of real "musical-gems" were left behind !

I want so badly to have a chance to listen to some of them.

Do you think he'll sing some of these songs at his next your - like he did with Souvenir ?

Do you think it could be a good idea tweet him asking to do this ?

I wanna listen your oppinion about this ?

Group Hug2

Guest Guest
He has said in various interviews that he hopes all of them see the light of day in some form eventually - whether performed by other artists, put on later albums of his own, etc.

It's possible he may use a couple on tour, if he doesn't have other plans for them.

I personally wouldn't tweet him about it. He knows us... he knows we want to hear anything and everything he has a hand in. He doesn't need to be tweeted telling him that.

I'm just trusting he'll get them out to us someday, somehow.

Jeannie wrote:

I personally wouldn't tweet him about it. He knows us... he knows we want to hear anything and everything he has a hand in. He doesn't need to be tweeted telling him that.
I'm just trusting he'll get them out to us someday, somehow.

I think you're right Jeannie ! He knows us... he knows we want to hear anything and everything he has a hand in
I cannot wait to listen some of this songs - I'm sure I'll love them ! Heart

As I can see I must be the only one here anxious to listen the songs that didn't make the cut !!! ShockedLaughing

No, Chris, I'd love to hear them, too!

Thanks Stacy... High Five!Hug I was feeling alone at my DC Rabbit Hole !!! LOL flag

Guest Guest
Chris, I always feel like I am missing out on a huge part of David's musical growth when I know there are songs I have never heard. I desperately want to hear all the missing music. I absolutely want to hear the songs from Yellow Dog Studios, and those that didn't make the cut for DCTR and TLM.

Guest Guest
I think it's kind of an unspoken but understood thing that we all want to hear them. Hell, I'm hoping this means when it comes time for album number 3 he can get it out in a hurry... not like he needs to do a lot of writing for it with a back catalog like that.

Jeannie wrote:
I think it's kind of an unspoken but understood thing that we all want to hear them. Hell, I'm hoping this means when it comes time for album number 3 he can get it out in a hurry... not like he needs to do a lot of writing for it with a back catalog like that.

I think after writing 86 songs - he has enough material to make at least the next 2 albuns... LOL flag

Only today watching TLM Making Of DVD till the end I got to know that Fade Into Me was written supposed to be part of DCTR but didn't make it cause David thought it didn't match with the other songs at the album. And he changed it and included at TLM (thanks God cause I love it).

So we can have hopes that some of the songs that didn't make TLM could appear at his next album or better: that he could sing some of them at his next tour ! Fingers Crossed!!!

Guest Guest
Hi! I want to hear it all too!

I hope he adds a song or two we haven't heard some time during his next tour. That being said, I would not count on it anytime soon tho as he has a new record to promote. Plus if he does open for someone he may have a shorter setlist.

You figure we got You & I, Make Believe, Souvenir and Only Honest when you're Sleeping this last tour-plus PH that did make the album. While he is at it he could throw in one AH song too!

Guest Guest

I'd, of course, love to hear all those songs that didn't make the cut but I have a feeling, like Barb said, that we won't hear many.

And hopefully maybe a couple of them on the next album but if it's all a progression as he says, then maybe a lot of them won't fit when it's time to write for the new album. He just needs to put out several albums right now. LOL Face

i would love to hear all of the songs he wrote, mainly out of curiosity...maybe they will be on a future album of his...but if he's all about moving forward with the next album, without using those songs & writing new ones, i'm all for that too...whatever is right for Dave is alright with me Smile

I want all Smile Sorry got carried away. I'd love to hear those that didn't make the cut for DCTR and TLM!!!

I'd love to hear that songs, but I think that if he didn't choose them for the record probably he had his own reasons... I mean, they could be tracks with great ideas inside, but they didn't satisfy completely Dav.
Surely with 70, 80 songs there must be other great songs... or they can be good ones and Dav will have to work on them in the future... btw, for the moment I'm happy to there the 14 tracks of TLM and TQN EP ...
Clearly, I'd have the curiosity to hear all the others, but I think like laurluvscook said that "whatever is right for Dave is alright with me". Smile

I'd like to hear all of them (: sure!
But I think that at the time he have to record the new CD, he may have improved and artists are very critical to their songs/art. I think this one of the reasons why Dave spend that time to make the CD, because he wanted to be perfect.

@dinamata wrote:
But I think that at the time he have to record the new CD, he may have improved and artists are very critical to their songs/art. I think this one of the reasons why Dave spend that time to make the CD, because he wanted to be perfect.

Just wanted to say that Dave looks beautiful in your avie Heart

I'm still DYING to hear the other 10 or so songs on his unreleased album between Analog and American Idol. Based off that fact that A Daily Anthem and We're Only Honest When We're Sleeping are two of my favourite songs of his, and after seeing all the intriguing song titles, and the fact that he was still writing by myself at this stage, I'm willing to bet that the album would be a personal favourite of mine. I also think that all the songs are pretty much buried and will never see the light of day Very Sad
(We have heard a snippet of Optimistic to a Fault, but other than that..)

@dinamata wrote:

I'm still DYING to hear the other 10 or so songs on his unreleased album between Analog and American Idol. Based off that fact that A Daily Anthem and We're Only Honest When We're Sleeping are two of my favourite songs of his, and after seeing all the intriguing song titles, and the fact that he was still writing by myself at this stage, I'm willing to bet that the album would be a personal favourite of mine. I also think that all the songs are pretty much buried and will never see the light of day Very Sad

I so agree with everyone about dying to hear the unreleased songs from TLM and, especially dawtreecookie - those songs off his almost released album after AH, been thinking about them a lot lately! It's frustrating when we can't devour the music he gives us fast enough or deeply enough to know that there is a sort of "black hole" of unreleased stuff out there that I'm sure is incredible like everything else he has done but we can't hear Saddest

And in this same vein of thinking, as crazy as it is, I still cannot get over the fact that Axium and AH stuff has not (yet) been released on a major label for the masses to listen to! I feel so sad for those songs, like they are in some graveyard when they don't deserve to be! They (aside from his subsequent stuff) to me are the greatest body of music ever! Does anyone else feel this way?!

Dana
WN #1125

@dinamata wrote:

I so agree with everyone about dying to hear the unreleased songs from TLM and, especially dawtreecookie - those songs off his almost released album after AH, been thinking about them a lot lately! It's frustrating when we can't devour the music he gives us fast enough or deeply enough to know that there is a sort of "black hole" of unreleased stuff out there that I'm sure is incredible like everything else he has done but we can't hear Saddest

And in this same vein of thinking, as crazy as it is, I still cannot get over the fact that Axium and AH stuff has not (yet) been released on a major label for the masses to listen to! I feel so sad for those songs, like they are in some graveyard when they don't deserve to be! They (aside from his subsequent stuff) to me are the greatest body of music ever! Does anyone else feel this way?!

Dana
WN #1125

Dana, your avi is adorable !! I dream to take a photo with him just like you !!! Awwww !!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.