Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

The Home has lost one of our own today. Please see OP for updated info

Guest Guest

I'm sad to pass along the news that Jody lost her 3 1/2 year battle with cancer earlier today. She passed peacefully with her sister and hospice care there for her in her final hours. For those of you who are newer to the forum, Jody(jodie76) was one of our founders. Her wicked sense of humor, her strength and her devotion to David and his fans will be missed.

Please keep Jody and her loved ones in your thoughts and prayers today.

This is the link to sign the guest book for Jody. You can include a personal message for her family.
guest book

Jody, This one is for you. I know that there are hot guys with amazing voices and white belts in heaven waiting for you.

Guest Guest
 candle11.jpg

Love you, Jody.

Guest Guest

Miss you so much Jody!!

Not only did she love David, she also loved Constantine Maroulis and Adam Lambert!

May the angels that hold you now have long flowing hair, white belts and Glitter!

37687910.jpg

Guest Guest
Saddest

Jody was... Jody. Always laughing, always smiling. Never letting things get her down. Never letting the cancer rule her life. Her strength, her attitude... were amazing. She was an inspiration. I'll miss her always.

Jody you are at home now. You are at peace. But your memory is Permanent.

Such sad news - I think the white belt threads were the first David threads I found on line. You could just feel Jody's passion in those threads. Such sad news for us, but I know Jody is in a better place where cancer does not exist. I will draw comfort from that knowledge and send prayers for her family and friends... and for us.

Guest Guest

So heartbroken, I can't even type...
I'm leaving this lyrics for you, Jody! Hope you were able to listen to them Hug

"Everyone was watching you
As everything just slipped away
and all they ever wanted was the light you gave them
You've always been the sweetest song
And even when the world went wrong
You never let the sun go down and fall into pieces
And I can never walk away with you here

If the sun stops burning and the world stops turning
I'll be right here with you
And if the sky keeps falling and the night keeps calling
I'll be right here with you
I'm on your side"

my heart broke at the news. SaddestSaddestVery Sad although I wasn't as familiar with her as some of u were, I did hear about the white belts and saw some of her threads bout it. I didn't even know she was fighting cancer this whole time. my thoughts are with her family.

RIP Jody. you will be greatly missed. you are in a much better place right now.

Stephora aka cookienerd0006
Declaration tour '09: 13/03;23/05;03/08;04/08;02/10;03/10;14/11;16/11

Guest Guest

Jody~ may the heavens welcome you with open arms & may you find everlasting peace there among the angels. You made me laugh & brought a wonderful passion to life and those around you. You will be missed dearly my friend. Heart

Whenever I see David wearing a white belt I always think of you with a smile~that will never change.

My thoughts & prayers go out to her family & all of her many friends out there & here.

This is really sad news. I don't know much about Jody, but she was one of us and I will keep her family in my thoughts and prayers.

OMG.. *cries* Saddest

Jody and I were never really that close but who can forget her passion?? And of course the white belt call. She's definitely one of the strongest people I know and I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. You're in peace now, Jody and I believe people will continue to do everything they can to find a cure for cancer. Hope we'll all prevail soon.

just heard the news, cant believe she's gone. she was one of my closest friends and I could always rely on her for anything, RIP Jody may god watch over you, you will be my guardian angel now in heaven, cant believe your gone after the hellish fight you have been through, cant believe another person has been taken away because of this nasty disease. you will always be in my heart Jody, I miss you soooo much!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying non-stopCryingVery SadSaddestAngel LoveHug

I remember coming to the home and reading her stories about the white belt. It was great to hear about it. Makes me smile to think about it now. That was the beginning of an amazing journey for all of us. I remember seeing her Idol tour pictures and her stories. She will be missed. It's like losing a family member.

I never really talked to her, but I knew her. I remember in the early days of this site, she was around a whole bunch. Hehe. Smile

But.. I didn't even know she was this sick til last night... I remember seeing her talking about being sick about a year ago, but not with cancer. She was definitely taken away from us way too soon. She will be deeply missed.

Hope the afterlife is to your liking, Jody.

Guest Guest
The quote she had under her siggy!! Such an inspiration and hero!

Cancer is my guru, because it's not killing me; It's teaching me how to really live!

I saw the news on the facebook group
she's in a better place now

may she RIP

Jody was my Friend Here and my Game Buddy on facebook . She Made me Laugh,cry,but most of all she was a True Friend to me always helped me out when i asked for help with things. I will miss her tremendously. I Have her picture on my list of Friends on the games and it will stay there so i can still see her every day
Love You Jody
RIP
Jan The Light you gave me.

I always admired Jody for her strength, passion, and courage while always maintaining a positive attitude. Although I am completely heartbroken and devastated, she can rest without pain and worry now. I look forward to meeting her on the other side someday again. RIP my sweet friend.

Very Sad

RIP Jody. Everytime I see a certain someone in a white belt, it'll be a silent tribute to you, at least in my mind.

Crying My heart is aching !!!
Jody, we will miss your smile, your courage, your strength.
We will miss you !
Rest in Peace at Our Lord side.

Very Sad

RIP Jody. Everytime I see a certain someone in a white belt, it'll be a silent tribute to you, at least in my mind.

In my mind, too. Angel Love

I think it will be in all of our minds

Stacy I hope your coping with this if you need to talk just IM me.

@Jilly wrote:
Very Sad

Group Hug1 In all our minds, the white belt will be always a sweet memory of her Group Hug1

@Piper wrote:
@Jilly wrote:
Very Sad

Group Hug1 In all our minds, the white belt will be always a sweet memory of her Group Hug1

that it will be Group Hug2

So sad to hear this. I never knew her personally on here but it's still so sad to hear that someone has passed away. may she rest in peace.

Guest Guest
I remember laughing so hard till I cried with her witty sense of humor...and her innuendo...OH, the innuendo!!!

I remember when she PMd me to be a Mod here at the Home about 2yrs ago!

Then asking to help set up The Glambert Rock site for Adam Lambert!

Our facebook chats we would have and the texts about David and Adam.

It still seems just like yesterday!

Rest at Peace my dear friend!

Guest Guest
I remembered Jodi wrote a bit about having cancer and what the song "Permanent" meant to her when she first heard it. I tracked down the thread... thought I'd LINK it here for everyone to read.

Guest Guest
I will miss you forever, my dear friend. RIP. I love you.

I don't know her, Very Sad But this is so sad...
Reading her comments Very Sad and histories... And what you all saying Very Sad ...
She must be a lovely person... Rip

I didn't know Jody well but I remember her well from back in the early days of the WN Home. I haven't been to the forum for a while, but I wanted to stop by and say I'm very sad to hear this news. RIP, Jody.

Don't know her but my heart breaks every time I hear that cancer claimed another life to soon, god bless her and her family, RIP Jody!

Just got home from work, and saw this. I'm so sad. I really liked her. Wasn't she the one who designed the outfit for David to wear during Eleanor Rigby? That was the thread where we found out he was reading our posts and that led to the signals and sentiments thread. Right?

I always enjoyed her posts. It seemed she was gone from this site for a long time and I remember missing her posts. Then one day she posted and I was so happy to see her back.

I did not know she was battling this horrid disease. I am so sad. She will be missed. And absolutely every time I see David wear a white belt I think of her.

Jody, you will be missed. I never got to meet you face to face, but I enjoyed your posts. You were a fun person with a good heart.

I will pray for her and her family. Crying

I didn't have the chance to become as close with Jody as some of you have but I do remember her and always enjoyed reading her posts she truely will be missed.

R.I.P. Jody Angel Love

Very sad news! RIP Jody!!!She shall live in the hearts of those who loved her and will thus never die or be forgotten

Feeling very low right now upon hearing this sad news.

Being new to the board, I had not personally known Jody, especially since it appears it's been a while since she posted last. But after reading her PERMANENT posts (thanks, Jeannie, for thoughtfully researching the link) and her other earlier posts, I realize that she was the type person I would have really liked.

Based on the content and delivery of her posts, I can tell that Jody was feisty, passionate, considerate, and extremely courageous - attributes I've always admired.

So very sorry I had not known you earlier, Jody. You are not with us anymore, but I can imagine the citizens of heaven rejoicing because you are now with them.

Rest in peace, Jody. Angel Love

If it's any comfort, knowing Jody, she would be wanting everyone to celebrate her life rather than mourn her loss. It's her constant positive outlook, even in the darkest of times, that I would definitely want to follow as an example of how to live my life. I'm going to pour a glass a wine tonight and toast to her, and sit and reflect on what a special person she was.

Guest Guest
Sue, I agree 100%. She would want us all to remember her with a smile on our faces and laughter in our hearts.

I didn't know Jody personally either, but I am sad to see this. RIP Jody.

I didnt know who she was, but it's always sad to hear about losing one of our own Very Sad may she RIP.

jody's the one who invited me here when the AI board dedicated to dave got too censor-happy.

i will miss her for sure - i loved her "white belt" threads and her sense of humor. and like her, have a special connection to "permanent."

i hope you're in a better place now, jody. Group Hug1

Guest Guest

Thanks to all of you who came here and paid homage to Jody, those who knew her and those who didn't. I never met her personally! But that doesn't matter! We founded this "home" together with the other founding members! We had a dream in common that we made into a reality.

From her posts in some of our "Classics Threads", her interpretation of "Permanent" (thanks Jeannie), and even her signature (thanks Tricia), you'll discover what an amazing person she was. A real fighter, a woman with strength and convictions, but also someone who could see the bright side of life even in the darkest hours.

She chose to withdraw from the online communities she had founded and had been a part of, so she wouldn't burden others with her pain and suffering. THAT was brave! Although it's painful too that we couldn't be there for her. We would have gladly shared and held her hand all the way! And that is why some of you didn't get to know about her.

Her soul lives on in everyone who knew her, in real life or in this virtual life we share here.

You're free now, Jody! I'm sure you're singing with the angels now and rocking out in heaven. Love ya Hug