Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DCcrazy

Hi all...it's been a LONG time!

I wasn't sure where to put this mods, so if you need to move it I understand.

So the news of Jody's death yesterday brought me back to the forum for the first time in almost 2 years. I was just getting WAY too deep into fandom, it was consuming me, the good and the bad. So I took a break, not from him, just the fan world.

Now that I am back and perusing old threads, it's making me a little nostalgic. How this is a family and how much we have all been through together. In that spirit, I would like to update everyone a little about what's happened with me, because apparently a lot can happen in 2 years lol. One of the reasons I left the fan world was the chaos in my own life, I ended a long term relationship that was unhealthy and moved back in with my parents. Well I was lucky enough to experience love at first sight and I got married in July 2010 Smile And just proof positive that the relationships on here are not just "online friendships" one of my WN friends was at my wedding with her husband because we have still maintained a very close friendship.

Ok, well I'll quit rambling on about myself now, I just wanted to check in and say hey to everyone and give everyone an update on what I've been up to.

Oh and TLM...I haven't nor am I sure I can pick a favorite song lol. He outdid himself, that is for absolute sure.

Guest Guest
Hi Megan.. congratulations on your marriage! I hope you have many happy years together.

Guest Guest

Hi Megan Hi! Congrats on your marriage!

Guest Guest
Hi! Megan-nice to see you here again. Congrats on your marriage & much happiness to the two of you!

Congratulations on finding real love and happiness. I also had to end one to find the other (20 years). I am always happy to see David Cook fans. Hope to see your posts and comments, voting and promoting when you have time. ☺

Hi Megan, nice to see you on here again! And many good wishes on your marriage! Smile

I've had a lot of personal things going on myself that I'm sorting through, mainly grad school. Maybe I should come on here more often and feel better.

Thanks for all of the well wishes ! It's good to see some familiar faces as well as some new ones. I can't believe some of us have known each other since the beginning which seems like forever ago now !

I will say, I got, not involved, but consumed by some not so colorful things that the fan world can sometimes offer and things got pretty heated on occasion. If there is anyone that suffered the wrath of that from me, I want to apologize. Looking back on it all, it was really ridiculous and trivial. But one thing we all can agree on is that we are passionate people and sometimes that energy can get directed in the wrong places.

So sorry to some of you that I may have "tangled" with, for lack of a better term. I think it had a lot to do with the issues I was having in my personal life and it spilled over into here. So anywho, enought with the negative. Thanks for welcoming me back and it's good to see all of you Smile

Hug

Good to see you here again Megan, this is one place that you can always come "Home" again! Great Congrats on your marriage....best wishes for a long and happy life together! Cheers!! ~Wendy

Guest Guest

Good to see you back, Megan, and good to see you, too, Lori. Smile

Welcome! BACK MEGAN!

Ah, life is a learning experience. One of the best pieces of advice I ever received was this:

Every morning when you wake up, you have 2 choices - you can choose to be happy or you can choose to be miserable. You have the same choice every day. Everyday is a new opportunity.

Funny how there were times when I could have sworn that life was WAY more complicated than that, but that choice every morning is really THAT simple. Everyone has life "stuff". You can be miserable about it 24/7, or you can be happy with the good things and focus on them. When you do that, the "stuff" kind of loses it's importance and it's devastating effects. Happy is a MUCH better place to be.

Guest Guest

Hey Megan Hug Good to see you and to know you are now in a much better place in your life. I totally agree with what Peggy says: life is a learning experience, so as long as we have the energy and the mind to "press pause" to analyze where we're at and decide where we want to go, we'll be fine and learning. Very Happy

Sooo, sooo happy that you've found your true love! Best wishes for the both of you Heart

Sometimes it is sad for me to see that people have completely moved on to other social networking places. In my mind and heart, I know those places will never provide anything even similar to the fun, the solidarity and companionship that a place like the Home can give us. So I'm immensely happy to re-welcome our old members Heart

Nice to see you back here, Megan. congratulations on your marriage, I'm happy to hear you found true love.

I think Peggy said it best, choose to be happy and life can be so much better. This place is so much more then just a fan site, it's Home, it's a place you can always come back to. We all share our love to David but I think we all learned long ago that this is not the only thing we have in common.

Welcome back to the WNH. Welcome!

Welcome! back MEGAN !!! The Wave Congrats for your marriage !! All the best for both of you !! Blow Kisses

Welcome! back, Megan! I am very glad to hear you are happy and in love. Congratulations on your marriage - what big changes you have made in the last couple years.

Whatever particular past fandom dramas caught you up in back then, I'm glad to hear that you chose to let go of any negativity you experienced. And glad you realize you can always come Home and be welcomed with open Word Nerd arms. I hope to see you around here regularly again.
Flower Bouquet

Lori, hope to see you around more, too!

Guest Guest
Hi Megan, nice to see you on here again! And many good wishes on your marriage! Smile

I've had a lot of personal things going on myself that I'm sorting through, mainly grad school. Maybe I should come on here more often and feel better.

Hi! hey Lori! Hope grad school goes well and you're always welcome to share, rant or rejoice in here. Hope to see ya around Very Happy

Megan, first of all... what negative?? LOL flag (no, it's not a question, btw Very Happy)

Second of all, congratulations on your marriage!

We're hoping you and Lori stick around at least a little longer here Smile

Welcome back Megan and Lori. I recognize your screen names. I also find it a bit sad when people leave for other networking sites. But I understand. It's hard to keep up with all of them anyway.

But it's good to see you guys back and glad you are loving TLM. I totally agree. David totally outdid himself with this record. I could not love it more if I handpicked all the songs myself.

Megan, congrats on your new marriage. I wish you both all the happiness in the world.

@DCcrazy wrote:
I wasn't sure where to put this mods, so if you need to move it I understand.

So the news of Jody's death yesterday brought me back to the forum for the first time in almost 2 years. I was just getting WAY too deep into fandom, it was consuming me, the good and the bad. So I took a break, not from him, just the fan world.

Now that I am back and perusing old threads, it's making me a little nostalgic. How this is a family and how much we have all been through together. In that spirit, I would like to update everyone a little about what's happened with me, because apparently a lot can happen in 2 years lol. One of the reasons I left the fan world was the chaos in my own life, I ended a long term relationship that was unhealthy and moved back in with my parents. Well I was lucky enough to experience love at first sight and I got married in July 2010 Smile And just proof positive that the relationships on here are not just "online friendships" one of my WN friends was at my wedding with her husband because we have still maintained a very close friendship.

Ok, well I'll quit rambling on about myself now, I just wanted to check in and say hey to everyone and give everyone an update on what I've been up to.

Oh and TLM...I haven't nor am I sure I can pick a favorite song lol. He outdid himself, that is for absolute sure.

congrats on your marriage

Congrats Megan. I follow you on FB, but glad to see you again around here!!!

Great to see both Lori and Megan back!

Megan - I was wondering where you have been. I remember the countless phone calls back and forth when we did the flower project for the top 3 show! I am so thrilled that you found someone else and tied the knot! You alluded to me at some point that your former beau was trouble, and I am very happy for the way your life has turned out. You deserve a good man! And, yes, it was very easy to get in over our heads with the "fandom", and it's perfectly understandable to need to take a break and step back.

Hope to see you back more often! I've been gone a while myself. Just look at my avatar and you will see why!
Hug

I've been gone a while myself. Just look at my avatar and you will see why!
Hug

Is that your kids in your avatar or what?

@Jilly wrote:

Hug

Yeah, it's her twin baby girls. Smile

@Jilly wrote:

Hug

Yeah, it's her twin baby girls. Smile

I didn't know
I only returned the other night myself after being gone foreever

Awww, it's like when people come home after being away for a long time. I just love that.

Sue, congratulations on your beautiful baby girls. I always wanted to have twin girls.

Hope to see you back more often! I've been gone a while myself. Just look at my avatar and you will see why!
Hug

I noticed you hadn't been around for a while, but I had no idea you recently had twins, they are gorgeous! I'm sure your Internet time is limited, but hope to see you around here more often. And Lori too, welcome back to all of you guys! Group Hug1

Hug

they are adorable congrats

Thank you all. It is harder than I thought to manage everything, but I'm getting by OK. The girls have turned my world upside down but I'm loving every minute of it!

Thank you all. It is harder than I thought to manage everything, but I'm getting by OK. The girls have turned my world upside down but I'm loving every minute of it!

They're adorable what are their names?

Guest Guest

Aww, Sue! They're so precious! You should post one pic of Taylor with them... so I can pinch his cheeks, lol.

Happy to know you're managing well. It must be quite an experience!

Guest Guest

So nice to see Lori and Megan again! I hope you get to come back around. Smile So happy you found true love, Megan. Sue, the girls are always dressed so friggin adorable! Taylor must be proud to be a big brother.

I agree its nice when people come Home and thats what i love about this home you know you can always come back like stacy said with open arms. Glad you all Came Home good to see you all and those Girls are Prescious . I have twin granddaughters and yes they can turn your life upside down but very well worth it. Good Luck to all of you and your new Lives.

Megan, thanks for popping in and letting us know what is going on with you! It's wonderful to hear that you are happy and in a good place.

And SUE!!! I am thrilled for you! Your baby girls are adorable and I am certain that they have an awesome big brother who is helping to take very good care of them. I missed you and was wondering how you were doing. And hoping you were busy with something like... what you were busy with!

@redsoxmom wrote:
Megan, thanks for popping in and letting us know what is going on with you! It's wonderful to hear that you are happy and in a good place.

And SUE!!! I am thrilled for you! Your baby girls are adorable and I am certain that they have an awesome big brother who is helping to take very good care of them. I missed you and was wondering how you were doing. And hoping you were busy with something like... what you were busy with!

Chrissie, my dear, I sent you a PM a while ago and never heard back! I did tell you! LOL flag

And thanks again all! Their names are Cameron Charlotte and Candace Clarissa. We were stuck on names beginning with "C."

Beautiful names....for two beautiful little angels! Angel LoveAngel Love

@redsoxmom wrote:

Chrissie, my dear, I sent you a PM a while ago and never heard back! I did tell you!

And thanks again all! Their names are Cameron Charlotte and Candace Clarissa. We were stuck on names beginning with "C."

Sue, I am very embarrased and sorry. Embarassed I looked in my PM box (I hardly get PMs here so I rarely check) and there was your unopened message! Somehow I did not get a notification, or missed it! I have been on my Android more than anything so maybe that was part of it.

Off to PM you right now lol...

Yes, this place will always be home. Megan, Hey I remember you! I was wondering what happened to you. Congrats on your marriage!

I have been away for a bit myself, which probably explains why I'm replying to a post from two months ago. LOL Face

Sue, CONGRATS!!! I did not know. Yeah I'm catching up. Very Happy

Guest Guest

Hey Karen! It's so good to see all of you people coming back home Very Happy We've missed you Hug

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.