Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

10/26/11 - Pomona, CA - The Fox Theater Concert

Holy crap. $300 for a VIP. Yikes. I could not afford that right now, at all.

I obviously cannot speak for everyone, but for me, a ustream, as amazingly fun as they are, couldn't even BEGIN to compare to being there. After reading everyone's posts about this, do you think that it is a concern of his, that if people can watch his shows on line, they won't pay for a ticket to a live show? I would hate to think that he would worry about that.

It's funny but last week we had very few ustreams, and if you look at DCO, WNH and even Twitter, all of our post counts were extremely low. On the nights where there are ustreams the boards and Twitter just light up with excitement and energy and love for him. I think, in a way, the ustreams allow us to 'fan the flames' of excitement over his shows. No way in hell does it compare to being there. But if I had my way I would be at every show. lol

Guest Guest
There are higher ones out there than that. A Gold VIP to Lady Gaga runs around $450, and for that you get a souvenir tour laminate, an hour and a half long "party" with other fans (but not LG) before the show, and a seat in the first seven rows. For around $300 you can get a Silver VIP which gives you the souvenir tour laminate and a seat in the first 15 rows. (I have a co-worker who is a big Gaga fan, and that's what she found when she looked into it last time she went to one of her shows.)

No clue what she charges for a pass that includes a M&G.

@vsteph1 wrote:
Holy crap. $300 for a VIP. Yikes. I could not afford that right now, at all.

I obviously cannot speak for everyone, but for me, a ustream, as amazingly fun as they are, couldn't even BEGIN to compare to being there. After reading everyone's posts about this, do you think that it is a concern of his, that if people can watch his shows on line, they won't pay for a ticket to a live show? I would hate to think that he would worry about that.

It's funny but last week we had very few ustreams, and if you look at DCO, WNH and even Twitter, all of our post counts were extremely low. On the nights where there are ustreams the boards and Twitter just light up with excitement and energy and love for him. I think, in a way, the ustreams allow us to 'fan the flames' of excitement over his shows. No way in hell does it compare to being there. But if I had my way I would be at every show. lol

Holy crap is right.! I don't think I would have paid that much for a M & G with Rick when he was in his prime.
Even his current concert tickets were high, in my opinion... and, it's not like he's playing big arenas.

Agreed.... I find the ustream one million times better than the cell casts of days past. I could never listen to them....
I've only watched a couple of the shows from this tour... one being the first night.
Not only is there excitement at the show... but... we get excited for being a part of it online.
We get to share in an experience....

I do try not to watch too many videos... or ustream.... just so the show will be fresh... to me.
But... that is just something I chose to do.

I wouldn't pay $5 to see Gaga Gaga. I just don't get all the fuss. But that's what keeps the world interesting. If we all liked the same thing things would probably get boring pretty quick.

The ustreams and video's do not satisfy my desire to go to a concert. Qutie the opposite, I wish I were there and can't wait to be there again. But I could see why some, not so die hard fans may settle for a ustream. But damn, if that's the case, they don't know what they are missing. There is nothing like being at a live Cook show. Nothing. NOTHING!

Since Gaga is the music industry's current darling, I kind of get the outrageous price for her VIP tix (although personally I wouldn't pay that much to see Jesus himself).

But $299 to hear Noah Drake from General Hospital sing "Jesse's Girl"? Rip off!

I think Daughtry's was around $150. It included a M&G, but it's still much more than Dave's. I got my VIP passes today and I think that the prices are much more reasonable than most other artists.

Guest Guest
I'd venture a guess that the ustreams are watched primarily by David's fans, who will gladly pay to go to as many shows as they can afford and get to reasonably. I honestly can't say that I'd take the time to search out and watch a ustream of a show for someone I wasn't invested in. Maybe I'd watch if I was considering going to the show of someone I didn't know well, to see if I thought it would be worth my money. But the reality is that unless you read places like here or DCO (and you have to be a fan to do that) or follow DC fans on twitter, you likely would never even know the ustreams were out there. And anyone who is a big enough fan to find it, would most likely go to any show they could.

And for a good fan who can't afford it? It's a blessing in that it helps keep them interested, and while maybe they can't get to a show this tour, it will be on their mind for the next, when maybe they can. I don't see how anyone who is a fan of David's could watch one of the streams and not want to see the man perform live. As Scott coined the phrase "NSDCLDC" - nobody sells David Cook like David Cook. If someone watches a stream and doesn't want to go to a show after seeing it, the odds are they weren't going to go to one anyway.

Videos may well be watched by the more casual fans, but from my own experience, when I've shown videos to friends who aren't big fans, it's made at least a couple want to go to one of his shows - and I've gotten both of them there, where they really enjoyed it. Even my son, after randomly stumbling across a MITB video from the Declaration Tour one night and watching it said that if Dave came to the area, he'd consider go seeing him after watching that. So I think for David, the youtube vids do help bring in some people who might otherwise not be interested.

Since Gaga is the music industry's current darling, I kind of get the outrageous price for her VIP tix (although personally I wouldn't pay that much to see Jesus himself).

But $299 to hear Noah Drake from General Hospital sing "Jesse's Girl"? Rip off!

lol DP. Something tells me Jesus' meet & greets would be free.

Jeannie wrote:
I'd venture a guess that the ustreams are watched primarily by David's fans, who will gladly pay to go to as many shows as they can afford and get to reasonably. I honestly can't say that I'd take the time to search out and watch a ustream of a show for someone I wasn't invested in. Maybe I'd watch if I was considering going to the show of someone I didn't know well, to see if I thought it would be worth my money. But the reality is that unless you read places like here or DCO (and you have to be a fan to do that) or follow DC fans on twitter, you likely would never even know the ustreams were out there. And anyone who is a big enough fan to find it, would most likely go to any show they could

This is so true. I am not a Bonjovi fan. I know, I know, but I'm not. I love the man himself, and I don't hate his music, just not crazy about it. I remember one night on line I saw that he was having a live ustream of one of his shows. i considered watching it, but then I lost interest and didn't. I would NEVER miss a David Cook ustream. It would take something pretty big to make me miss it, or I would have to be sleeping and then I would wake up late and be pissed I missed it.

The only other person I could think of I would go out of my way to see in a ustream is Paul McCartney. He is also the only other person (other than David, of course) that I would wait in a long line to see, for hours and hours. And even with all of that I would kill to see Paul Live. Someday.....

Guest Guest
@arali1111 wrote:
can someone help me? I need mp3 from this Blow Kisses

WooHoo!!

I think I saw someone posted an mp3 of this already, Marina. Let me see if I find it Very Happy

ETA: Here you are, Marina. This is an mp3 xosweetgirl17ox did from the San Diego show.
David Cook - Stockholm Syndrome

Guest Guest
Article from The Orange County Register

Quote :

By GEORGE A. PAUL / FOR THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

Although David Cook was the first rocker to win the seventh season of American Idol in 2008, few people realize how aggressive the Missouri-raised singer/guitarist’s music actually can be until they see him live. That power was clearly evident during a rousing 70-minute set Wednesday night at the Fox Theater in Pomona. Gavin DeGraw was the de facto headliner, but Cook stole the show.

Following his Idol win, Cook’s self-titled, major-label bow sold more than a million copies, as did two singles. A few others went Top 20 at various radio formats (though not alternative or active rock, the two genres to which he hews closest). Solid sophomore release This Loud Morning, produced by Matt Serletic (who has worked with Matchbox Twenty and Santana, among others), ups the grungy pop quotient with lyrics revolving around a life/sleep cycle.
Article Tab: image1-Live review: David Cook outshines Gavin DeGraw at the Fox
ADVERTISEMENT

Those who followed Cook’s personal journey on Idol will be interested in recent news about his participation in the Honda LA Marathon next March, to raise funds for Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure (ABC2). The charity hits close to home for the performer, since his brother Adam died from a brain tumor. (Click here for info.)

At the Fox, Cook opened with the hard-driving “Circadian,” the first of eight selections from Morning. Gritty vocals and a Foo Fighters-style sonic assault (there were three electric guitarists, including the frontman) made “Kiss on the Neck” an early standout; surprisingly, it included a few lines of the Eagles’ “Hotel California.”

Plenty of older women and their husbands, plus a few so-called “Cook Cougars,” were in attendance at the less-than-full venue. “Heroes” was bolstered by throttling guitars and the thrashing rhythms of drummer/backing vocalist Kyle Peek, and the song segued into Oasis’ “Champagne Supernova.” Later, the uplifting sentiment of “We Believe” found the singer in total wail mode, while “Come Back to Me” was full-on drama.

[More...] After announcing “this is one of my favorite songs, by one of my favorite bands,” Cook and his group launched into a faithful yet forceful take on Muse’s “Stockholm Syndrome.” The piano/acoustic guitar-led ballad “Goodbye to the Girl” was a nice breather from the onslaught, though more chunky guitars led the way on “Bar-ba-sol” and a psychedelic-tinged “Light On,” where the band was joined by Peek’s preschool-age son on guitar.

Finally, Cook ended with the solo acoustic ballad “Fade Into Me.” There was a minor exodus of concert-goers once he finished.

Singer/songwriter/pianist DeGraw is best known for his first CD, 2003’s platinum-certified Chariot. It spawned hits via the title track, “Follow Through” and, of course, “I Don’t Want to Be,” the theme song to TV drama One Tree Hill. His self-titled second album went gold.

This past summer, DeGraw made national news after getting assaulted outside a music club he co-owns in Manhattan’s East Village and then hit by a taxi. He suffered minor injuries and had to cancel tour dates with Maroon 5, but reportedly made a quick recovery. Fourth album Sweeter finds DeGraw collaborating for the first time with outside songwriters like Ryan Tedder (of OneRepublic) and emphasizing more sensuality in his trademark blue-eyed soul; the single “Not Over You” recently went Top 20 at Hot AC radio.

Starting with the techno-lite of “Candy,” DeGraw performed most of the new album, comprising half of his 70-minute set, but it took several songs for him to really get into a comfortable groove. “Chariot” was dispatched early, prompting loud howls from fans. At various times, DeGraw started off playing a black grand piano, then stood up to sing at the microphone before returning to the instrument, or vice versa.

Smooth electronic drums/keyboards paved the way into a snatch of the Script’s “Breakeven” and Peter Gabriel’s “In Your Eyes” before DeGraw’s own compelling “Follow Through.” Previously content to let the music do the talking, he suddenly offered a long introduction about the genesis of writing “Spell It Out”; played alone on piano, the moment was stirring. Getting a late dose of energy, DeGraw worked both sides of the stage on “Run Every Time” and a joyous “I Don’t Want to Be,” sung with authority.

Carolina Liar delivered a satisfying half-hour of pop/rock to early arrivals. Led by vocalist/guitarist and South Carolina native Chad Wolf, the L.A.-based band is rounded out by three Swedish musicians. Likewise, Scandinavian hit-master Max Martin (Pink, Katy Perry) helmed their 2008 major-label debut, Coming to Terms, which featured the alt-rock hits “I’m Not Over” and “Show Me What I’m Looking For” (the latter sold in excess of 600,000 downloads).

New album Wild Blessed Freedom came out last month and found the group re-teaming with Martin and his equally successful protégé, Shellback (Maroon 5, Usher). Wolf, who looked like Kid Rock’s younger brother, was relentless at prompting crowd participation in Pomona. Highlights included the '80s synth-pop vibe of “Last Night,” the chiming “Drown,” the dynamic buildup of “Show Me” and piano ballad “Beautiful People.”

Made wrote:
@arali1111 wrote:
can someone help me? I need mp3 from this

I think I saw someone posted an mp3 of this already, Marina. Let me see if I find it Very Happy

ETA: Here you are, Marina. This is an mp3 xosweetgirl17ox did from the San Diego show.
David Cook - Stockholm Syndrome

Made, thank you! I got it ..... but I'd like to have the mp3 from that video because, for me, the sound is fantastic.
no pressure!!

Guest Guest

This is susiew523 video & MP3 by imogen if this works for you. I think it is really great sounding!

MP3 Stockholm Syndrome

Guest Guest

Thanks Barb! It does sound fantastic Very Happy

So I have a request, if anyone can help me. I want mp3's of 2 of the songs from this show. But, I want them from John's video's. I listened to all the one's I could find, and I prefer his audio the best. If someone could do this, or direct me to some easy to use software to convert the audio to mp3's I would be forever grateful. Thanks.

Guest Guest

PM coming your way Viv... Great

Guest Guest
The first few posts in this thread have been updated with links to some great videos and photo collections.

Guest Guest

Kristen is home from her trip to California and has started to upload her videos. Here's her Stockholm Syndrome:

I love Kristen's video's. She always has the best audio. Her SS doesn't disappoint. One of the best!

Guest Guest

Kristin's video of LO with Hayden:

Guest Guest
We've started working on catching up the all videos thread. This show is now done, and there are a ton of great videos from it. You can find them all HERE. Enjoy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.