• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

David will be on Shirley Halperin's "Idol Hangover" Friday, May 11

Guest Guest

SOURCE: The Hollywood Reporter

'American Idol's' David Cook Guests on Next Episode of THR's 'Idol Hangover'
The season 7 winner joins THR music editor Shirley Halperin and special correspondent Didi Benami on the couch this Friday.

On Thursday night, he performs on the American Idol stage, and the next day, David Cook will be sitting on the Idol Hangover couch.

The season 7 winner will join THR music editor Shirley Halperin and special Idol correspondent Didi Benami for Friday’s episode of The Hollywood Reporter's original web show.

With only two weeks left in the competition, there is certainly plenty to talk about, including who will triumph on this eleventh go-round. Also at the top of our curiosity check-list: Cook’s new music, which will make its debut with the new song called “The Last Song I’ll Write For You” (hopefully, we’re not the “you.”)

Have a question for Cookie? Tweet it to @Idol_Worship by 10:00 a.m. PST and yours may be asked during the show.

We will be taping the episode, which should be posted in the afternoon PST.

Guest Guest

Great interview! Thanks for bringing it over, Sarah. Very Happy

Nashville...... okay, then.

I'm glad he's doesn't want to do an album of covers. Maybe greedy but I want him to spend his time on new stuff. Great

Funny and cool to hear him talk about WGWG. Very Happy

He seems really relaxed and happy. Awww Love

Guest Guest
Love it!

Guest Guest
Awesome interview! I love it!

He's in such a good place right now mentally and it shows. Glad Shirley saw it too.

Guest Guest
She is such a fan girl! I love that she notices the same things we notice.

He Really DOES seem very happy and content. I love seeing him like this. And Nashville could be interesting, I guess. lol I honestly know nothing about Nashville. Nothing. Just be happy. That is all I want for him is to be happy.

I have said from the first time I heard of the WGWG. I just don't see what the problem is. If I like that type of music then so be it. It's not like EVERY WGWG sounds the same, and does the same kind of music or even the same genre. I just don't see what the problem is. If America votes a girl in who doesn't play guitar then so be it.

Guest Guest

OH my! I just don't know what to say... it was like hanging out with David and Shirley for 20 minutes...

I left a message with Shirley 'cause she always gets the best out of David and gifts us with awesome interviews Awww Love

I wonder if she's a member here Suspect

Guest Guest

I agree, it was just like hanging out with them. It's great when that comes across in an interview. Cool you sent a message to Shirley, Made. You should have invited her to come here. Very Happy

Guest Guest

LOL, I should! She's really such a David fan Very Happy

And David always gives her the latest scoop so he must be really comfortable and confident about how she handles everything as a reporter Great

LOVED the interview. <3
David seems so at peace with himself, which he hasn't been for a long time (at least in my observations of him). I honestly just love seeing the man so happy. Been waiting for that.

Nashville is SUCH an amazing music scene. From what I understand, Nashville is the new frontier for indie artists (and more and more established artists, too). Kind of like Tulsa on a bigger scale. I'm so excited for him. Honestly, I never saw him staying in Cali for forever; I think it'll be great.

And WGWG...lol. *sigh* Never going to get away from that, I'm afraid.

that was a fantastic interview, and I am loving the comfy nerdy look on him, he's one fine sexy word nerd, love the glasses, my hubby has a pair like them, I love nerdy guys, my hubby is a total nerd, lol. and can I say love the new hair!!!!!, he's sooo gorgeous!!!!!!!

@vsteph1 wrote:
He Really DOES seem very happy and content. I love seeing him like this. And Nashville could be interesting, I guess. lol I honestly know nothing about Nashville. Nothing. Just be happy. That is all I want for him is to be happy.

I have said from the first time I heard of the WGWG. I just don't see what the problem is. If I like that type of music then so be it. It's not like EVERY WGWG sounds the same, and does the same kind of music or even the same genre. I just don't see what the problem is. If America votes a girl in who doesn't play guitar then so be it.

whatever makes him happy, then I am happy, he looks sooo relaxed and peaceful.

Awwwwww.... what a GREAT interview! My hypothetical hat is off to Shirley!
She always has good interviews with him. More relaxed/comfortable, in my opinion.

David seems so relaxed & happy about his future!! One can only join in the happiness for him.

Looking forward to many great things from this talented man!!

edited to add:

One thought I had... if he moves to Nashville, what happens with the guys in the band?
Think they'll stay in LA.? Move.?

And... I wonder if all this with the label/possible move, could have been the reason why Kyle chose
to leave.

Guest Guest

The guys can still work with him, Shelley. A lot of bands have members who don't live in the same place. They fly to get together for rehearsals, performances, recording, etc.

HERE is a great article about Kevin Griffin moving to Nashville, and the music scene there. This sounds like a perfect fit for Dave. With his midwestern values, and his preference for personal privacy, he never seemed comfortable in LA. Nashville seems like a much better fit, and he'll still be living in a big music city. Great

A few quotes from the article:

Quote :
A few years ago songwriter Kevin Griffin was at his base in the Hollywood Hills setting up writing appointments with fellow pop/rock hitmakers when he kept running into a problem—they were all out of town, writing in Nashville.

Quote :
Originally from New Orleans, Griffin had moved to California post-Hurricane Katrina. But after realizing he could write with the same people in L.A. or Nashville, Griffin and his wife, both native Southerners, decided to move with their three sons to Franklin, Tenn. at the beginning of 2011.

He recalls his thought process: “So I can live in Nashville, be near SEC football, have a better standard of living, save money, and work with the same artists. It was a no-brainer. I continue to do the work I did in L.A.

Quote :
“The past couple of years I’ve really seen a shift where pop and rock songwriters and managers have moved to Nashville,” he continues. “Not necessarily to carpetbag on the country world, but because it is a great place to live and do what they do. There’s a great support system with the labels, studios, press and media. Plus, everywhere you go there’s a stage for music. It’s really refreshing.”

Quote :
Griffin appreciates Nashville’s reverence for songwriters and has taken some of Music Row’s traditions out west. “I love that the height of the songwriting craft is in Nashville. My friend Monty Powell says, ‘songwriters are at the top of the food chain’ here.

The interview was great...he looks so happy, gorgeous, comfortable !
Shirley is a sweetie (totally fan... Very Happy ) and really "rocks" when interviews him and so love to do this ...and so do he ! Awww Love

Guest Guest
I believe he does. A ton of musicians live there, and the number seems to be growing all the time.

Guest Guest

This is one of the best interviews I've seen! Love how much Shirley loves David..... and us. You can definatly tell he is so happy and relaxed! It shows with TLSIWFY Heart

Jeannie wrote:
The guys can still work with him, Shelley. A lot of bands have members who don't live in the same place. They fly to get together for rehearsals, performances, recording, etc.

HERE is a great article about Kevin Griffin moving to Nashville, and the music scene there. This sounds like a perfect fit for Dave. With his midwestern values, and his preference for personal privacy, he never seemed comfortable in LA. Nashville seems like a much better fit, and he'll still be living in a big music city. Great

A few quotes from the article:

Quote :
A few years ago songwriter Kevin Griffin was at his base in the Hollywood Hills setting up writing appointments with fellow pop/rock hitmakers when he kept running into a problem—they were all out of town, writing in Nashville.

Quote :
Originally from New Orleans, Griffin had moved to California post-Hurricane Katrina. But after realizing he could write with the same people in L.A. or Nashville, Griffin and his wife, both native Southerners, decided to move with their three sons to Franklin, Tenn. at the beginning of 2011.

He recalls his thought process: “So I can live in Nashville, be near SEC football, have a better standard of living, save money, and work with the same artists. It was a no-brainer. I continue to do the work I did in L.A.

Quote :
“The past couple of years I’ve really seen a shift where pop and rock songwriters and managers have moved to Nashville,” he continues. “Not necessarily to carpetbag on the country world, but because it is a great place to live and do what they do. There’s a great support system with the labels, studios, press and media. Plus, everywhere you go there’s a stage for music. It’s really refreshing.”

Quote :
Griffin appreciates Nashville’s reverence for songwriters and has taken some of Music Row’s traditions out west. “I love that the height of the songwriting craft is in Nashville. My friend Monty Powell says, ‘songwriters are at the top of the food chain’ here.

Good point! Believe they'll all be collecting the frequent flier miles!!

Thanks, Jeannie, for bringing that article over!! Certainly, brought out many good points about living in Nashville!!

To steal a line from one of my favorite Daughtry songs... "this could be the start of something good".

Guest Guest
You're welcome. I actually saw that article a couple of months ago and saved it. I had a feeling that Dave might end up there eventually. Like I said, it seems like a much better fit for him.

Guest Guest

ITA that the Nashville scene seems to fit David perfectly! And seeing him so happy and enthusiastic about this new stage of his life is truly enough for me Very Happy

Really great article, thanks for that! A lot of ease and relief in reading it. Not because I though he had no where to turn, but because I'm relieved he'll be going somewhere that does seem to fit him well.

I think not only will HE love it there...but I think they will welcome him.

Love the interview! One thing.... The glasses are fake??????? Was he serious or just being snarky David?? scratch

Guest Guest
I thought he's said before that he wears contacs?? So I figured the glasses were real....... IDK

Guest Guest
Pretty sure he was just joking around with her.

Guest Guest
He was joking. Who would wear fake glasses? lol.
He does look awesome in them in a nerdy way.

My youngest son, who is about Dave's age, said that a lot of people wear fake glasses now. It is part of the 'Hipster" thing. I saw a pic of my son with glasses on, and I asked him about it because I knew he doesn't need glasses. Personally, I think Dave's are real. Anyone who wears contacts, has a pair of glasses for when your eyes dry out or plain just need a break.

He's said before they are real and he wears them when he doesn't have time to put in the contacts or that his eyes are tired, bothering him.

I think he was just being snarky. lmao

He also has had a different pair than those. A more....business type looking ones? haha I don't how to describe them other than adorkable! =P

Guest Guest
@vsteph1 wrote:
My youngest son, who is about Dave's age, said that a lot of people wear fake glasses now. It is part of the 'Hipster" thing. I saw a pic of my son with glasses on, and I asked him about it because I knew he doesn't need glasses. Personally, I think Dave's are real. Anyone who wears contacts, has a pair of glasses for when your eyes dry out or plain just need a break.

I totally get the "hipster" vibe, Viv. It's only that I don't think David would go that way. And his, kind of give a reflexion which tells me they are real Wink

Made wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:

I totally get the "hipster" vibe, Viv. It's only that I don't think David would go that way. And his, kind of give a reflexion which tells me they are real Wink

Exactly. I don't see him doing something like that either. That's why I said I believe they are real. I'm sure he was just being snarky and funny. kwim?

Guest Guest

David is a goof so I also think he was being funny LOL flag

I think they're real and he was just being his usual nerdy self... but I wouldn't put it past him to wear fake ones. LOL Face

I think Nashville will be a good move for him... I never saw him staying in LA forever, and he can continue doing the same work he's doing. Smile