Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

The Chit-Chat Thread (part 4)

Made wrote:
The video is beautiful, Piper! And thanks for posting about the Style Magazine info. Great

HugBlow Kisses

please send out prayers for my husband Richard Smith, we found a pin size hole at the end of his incision, going to call his dr's office in the morning and see if we need to bring him in to there or the ER, I am very pissed at the dr who did his surgery.

Guest Guest
Neva, Hopefully the doctor can fix the incision up easily. Good luck!

Neva, I'm here praying for Richard and you !! XOXO

Guest Guest
Sending prayers to your husband Neva! Hopefully the doctor can fix it easily! *hugs*

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/sdillon
Once again, back for me to seek donations for the local Relay for Life event, this time set for June 8 at Deming Park from 2pm-6am [right now, I'm a girl without a team (i.e. doing this individually instead of with a team)]. Donations can be made until around the day of the event at the above website.

Also, there's usually a silent auction during the Relay for Life. I'm planning on assembling a gift basket towards that. If you want to donate something to that instead of a monetary donation, please DM me. I'll need any donation sometime late May.

Guest Guest
When I got in the car this morning the outside temp was 24 degrees. By the time I got to work it had dropped to 19. It's supposed to go down to 12 by tonight. Ugh I was loving the unusually mild Winter we were having. Walking a dog at 5:30 am in this cold sucks big time.

Guest Guest

WOW, that's freezing, Barb

One of my sons in law is in Helsinki on business and the day before they arrived the temperature was 1º F Shocked

Guest Guest
We're currently at 8 degrees. We got to a high of 12 today. It was 6 when I left for work this morning. And the wind chill makes it feel like minus 15...

Have I mentioned how much I HATE winter???

Guest Guest

It was 73 here today SmileRun

How is it that Florida is warmer than where I live?? lol

Talked to Satu (schnatu in this forum) from Jyväskylä, Finland and she said it's -25C there. That's -13 F....

Guest Guest
My niece lives in Minnesota and it was -24 there early this morning. I don't know how she does it. She has 2 little girls ages 4 & 6 and lived in Florida until 5 years ago!

Guest Guest
It was -35C with the wind chill today.....supposed to be COLDER overnight and tomorrow!

I haven't seen a cold snap like this in a few years!

I hate winter!

It's been bitter cold here in Connecticut since Tuesday, in fact, my car battery was dead that morning...had to call Triple A, and we had snow the night before, not too much thank goodness, but enough to shovel...ugh, is it Spring yet!?! I am so grateful that I have a fireplace and can make the house a little more comfy using it...it would cost a fortune if I had to keep cranking up the thermostat. Try to stay safe & warm everyone~Wendy

Guest Guest
I've been turning my thermostat down a bit at bed time and using and electric blanket. The temps have been in the teens here with wind chills at about 4 degrees. I broke down and sent the dog to camp today. She was getting cabin fever since I have only been taking her outside to play for ten or fifteen minutes at a time. She's passed out on my bed right now after 12 hours of indoor play with a few dozen dogs at Camp Bow Wow.

I had enough winter in November!!! It can go away anytime now. brrrrrrrrrrr

Um...it snowed about four inches here in Mississippi last Thursday...? Razz It's 48 and raining right now. I know for a fact that I couldn't handle all those single digits and below-zero wind chills. Nope nope nope. I'd never walk outside, just sit in my house bundled in a pile of blankets. All of you who live up north get major respect from me this time of year.

Hope everyone stays warm and safe- and don't forget about your outdoor pets in that kind of weather! Barb- I love the idea of Camp Bow Wow. Wish I had somewhere like that I could take my fur-babies. Very Happy

Guest Guest
Jamie, 48 degrees sounds like a heat wave to me right now. We have quite a few dog day camps around here. Camp Bow Wow is my favorite one. They are fairly expensive, but worth it imo. Many of the camps have one play room for all size, style of play dogs. They also have lots of dog toys laying around on the floor.

When you stick a bunch of different size dogs together with toys in one room for an entire day, there are bound to be fights over the toys. Camp Bow Wow has no toys at all. Well except for the agility equipment in the play rooms. They also do temperament testing on every dog before they are allowed to board or go to camp.

They have four huge indoor play areas. One for each size teacups, small, medium and large. Each indoor play area has access to an outdoor area. They put out wading pools and sprinklers in the Summer. They have several staff members that are certified dog trainers. There is an in house groomer that dremels Kota's nails for just ten bucks.

Barb, camp bow wow sounds AWESOME! Do they put them in cages? Like most of the day, like petsmart does. And just let them out for a tiny bit of time? i WISH they were a national chain.

Guest Guest
They are in the big play rooms most of the day with a couple of rest periods in "cabins". The cabins have cots with soft blankets for them. They are a national chain. I checked and they have a location near the Phoenix airport. http://www.campbowwow.com/us/az/avondale/

The interview process is very thorough. First they check vet records. Your dog has to be up to date on rabies, distemper and bordatella vaccines. They asked about monthly heart worm and flea prevention. They evaluate your dog for general good health. Then they play with your dog to see if it is human friendly. After that they take the dog into a room to play with one or two other dogs. Finally they introduce them into the play yard. They ask that you leave the dog there for at least three hours so they can see how he/she plays with other dogs.

There are camper cams and you can check up to watch the dogs play on your computer or smart phone(yes they have a camper cam app lol).

I got this in my email... Just had to share

Quote :
I get this poem every winter & every winter I love re-reading it.
It's a beautiful poem and very well written.

A poem by Abigail Elizabeth McIntyre

SHIT
ITS COLD

The End.

LOL Face

@pn112 wrote:
I got this in my email... Just had to share

Quote :
I get this poem every winter & every winter I love re-reading it.
It's a beautiful poem and very well written.

A poem by Abigail Elizabeth McIntyre

SHIT
ITS COLD

The End.

lmao

LOL Face

Guest Guest
ROFLOL Now that's the BEST poem about winter ever!

Guest Guest
Best poem ever!

If you who are all used to cold weather and winter "complain", I think I have zero chance of surviving it LOL flag

Heck, I grabbed my sweater when it hit 58 the other day here. Inside the house. Hopeless, right?

When it's 58 I have a jacket on, lol. Of course, I don't wear long sleeved shirts.

@cjester27 wrote:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/sdillon
Once again, back for me to seek donations for the local Relay for Life event, this time set for June 8 at Deming Park from 2pm-6am [right now, I'm a girl without a team (i.e. doing this individually instead of with a team)]. Donations can be made until around the day of the event at the above website.

Also, there's usually a silent auction during the Relay for Life. I'm planning on assembling a gift basket towards that. If you want to donate something to that instead of a monetary donation, please DM me. I'll need any donation sometime late May.

UPDATE: So far, I've raised $100 towards this Relay [now going from 4pm-6am in the same park] and got 2 donations for the gift basket [2 of crescendolivia's keychains and an autographed environmental book from a non-Word Nerd follower].

Guest Guest
Anyone else watching The Following? It's so creepy, but I love it. Next episode on Fox in 45 minutes.

Guest Guest
I love that show! I have to watch last night's episode tonight though. With all the hours I have been working, I fell asleep really early.

Guest Guest
Oh I won't say anything to spoil the show for you. Let me know when you have watched the episode. I have a few guesses on what might happen next lol.

Guest Guest

I just watched it as I worked last night. It's great & I find myself thinking "is this a new cult member" once new people are introduced. What will happen next? Nail biting! I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts Barb!

Guest Guest
I plan on watching this evening. I will let you know.

Guest Guest
I'll put it in spoilers for those who haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Spoiler:

Guest Guest
Barb-love that theory-there is so many possibilities but yours brings many elements together!

Guest Guest
Just watched... Barb, I thought about the second thing you mentioned. In fact, I expected that after Paul came back upstairs without taking care of Megan. (I think that's the girl in the basement's name.)

Hadn't thought about the first thing you mentioned, but that would make sense.

We should start a thread for the show in the Other Entertainment section.

eta: I started a thread for the show Here. If you watch the show, come chat about it. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend that you check it out!

Guest Guest

Me, me, I love the show! Jump
Gonna go chat about it in the Other Entertainment section Run

I love paperman, it's very Disney. :3 I loved it when I whatched it on cinemas. I wish I could draw such nice things... I want to be a part of this :')
Hello again ladies! I've been a bit off Razz

I found this "by chance" at a Facebook Group. I'd never seen it before, not sure if all of you had.
Anyway I think you'll like to watch !
Pay attention what Dave does at 3:55... Thank goodness the videographer zoomed in, just in the nick of time.
I almost Thudlove plode !
Dear Lord !!! Holy Sheep!

Guest Guest

Thanks Chris! I thought he was going to drool on the mic LOL Face

It looks like this was the show that they had talked about recording to make into a live DVD maybe? I saw the big camera over on the side. Makes me miss his live shows even more.

That being said-I'm off to see Bon Jovi tonight! Won tickets last week so I'll be celebrating his birthday watching him perform live for my first time! Yahoo!

Guest Guest
Have fun Barb! I've never seen Bon Jovi live. Which is probably against the law as I live in NJ.

Guest Guest
LOL flag Barb-he really put on an amazing show. Even from our seats in the rear of the stage it was great sound & we could always see on the above big screen. I was also impressed with his voice & range for almost 3 hours-plus how he worked that stage!

He finished the night with an absolutely stunning start-then rocking LOAP-I will never forget the atmosphere & crowd! It reminded me when I saw Paul McCartney sing "Hey Jude". There is something about these classic old songs & the original artists.

ShookByCook wrote:
LOL flag Barb-he really put on an amazing show. Even from our seats in the rear of the stage it was great sound & we could always see on the above big screen. I was also impressed with his voice & range for almost 3 hours-plus how he worked that stage!

He finished the night with an absolutely stunning start-then rocking LOAP-I will never forget the atmosphere & crowd! It reminded me when I saw Paul McCartney sing "Hey Jude". There is something about these classic old songs & the original artists.

Barb I'm glad you had a great time !!! Hug

And I'm Excited2 !!
Yesterday was announced that Bon Jovi will be here in Rio de Janeiro performing at our Festival - Rock in Rio - September 20th !!! Excited2 And I'll be there !! Cannot wait for it !!! Yahoo!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.