Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

The Chit-Chat Thread (part 4)

*waves*
Hey everybody!!! I sure have been gone a long time, lol. Hope everybody had a fantabulous Mother's Day!

Wanted everybody to know about a couple of Heath's old band members from Egypt Central. Joey and Blake have a new band and they sound pretty good to me. They kept some of the grunge, lol. The 2 of them wrote all the lyrics and music.

Oh, and for those of you who don't know, Heath is my daughter Christy's boyfriend. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/devourtheday

https://www.youtube.com/devourtheday?sub_confirmation=1

Guest Guest

Hey Melinda! So good to see you around Very Happy I'll check out the boys band but isn't Heath into music anymore?

Well Made, that's actually one of the reasons that I came back in here today. Now that the announcement has been made, I can tell everybody (it's so stressful not knowing what I can and can't say, lol). Anywho...

As some of you know, Heath and one of his fans had formed a band called White Lighter Curse. His band mate found out that his daughter had a disease where she couldn't eat (has to be on a feeding tube for the rest of her life), so he ended up quitting to take care of his little girl. The lead singer that they had hired was a great singer, but a back stabber. So needless to say, that band is no more. Heath was thinking about trying to find some more band members, but instead has decided to join another band. Here is their Facebook page. I've heard some of their music and it sounds great! I hope everything works out for them.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/instone5000

@cjester27 wrote:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/sdillon
UPDATE = Got an email from the leadership of my local Relay for Life this weekend. They are allowing anyone into the VIP area of the Relay if I can raise at least $500 in ONLINE donations by March 29. So far, I've raised $390 towards that. If anyone can donate or forward this request, it would be greatly appreciated. [Link towards that is above]

UPDATE:...still stuck at $460 in donations for the last month. Saddest
If anyone wants to make a monetary donation, I would appreciate it.
Also, I'm accepting gifts from anyone for a gift basket at the offline silent auction at the event. If you want to donate to that instead of a monetary donation, please DM me ASAP your address and what your donating. So far, for that, I've already collected some environmental themed books signed by an NYC-based author (who's a non-David fan) and 2 of @crescendolivia's keychains. For this, your gift needs to be in my possession NO LATER than June 5.
Hope this helps.

Guest Guest

Sarah, $ 460 is a great accomplishment also! Good luck with the gift as well.

Oh yes, Melinda, now I remember about Heath's band mate daughter. So terrible! Hope Heath finally settles with this band and I'm glad he didn't give up Smile

Yeah, I feel so bad for her. Luke is an amazing daddy though. He will take good care of her.

Guest Guest

Thanks so much, Chris! Hug

We're only 74 posts from getting to the MILLION! WOOT! It would be great if someone can capture that moment.

Go WordNerds!

Guest Guest
We went to see The Great Gatsby last night. I thought it was very well done, but I forgot how depressing the story is. I always wanted to live during that era. I love the dresses and hats!

Guest Guest
Haven't seen it yet but I agree about the era, love it! I didn't remember the story was depressing either. The movie is doing really well with reviews and box office.

Guest Guest

With this we hit one million posts - we are Word Nerds indeed!

99999910.jpg

Back with a screen grab in a second. Smile

eta: For posterity...

one_mi10.jpg

Guest Guest

Wordnerds indeed! Jump

Guest Guest
Excited2 So awesome!!! Thanks all for taking the forum to this important landmark!!!!

Guest Guest

We really are a chatty bunch aren't we! Excited2

Yak, yak, yak... I think I resemble that! Twisted Evil

@cjester27 wrote:
@cjester27 wrote:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/sdillon
UPDATE = Got an email from the leadership of my local Relay for Life this weekend. They are allowing anyone into the VIP area of the Relay if I can raise at least $500 in ONLINE donations by March 29. So far, I've raised $390 towards that. If anyone can donate or forward this request, it would be greatly appreciated. [Link towards that is above]

UPDATE:...still stuck at $460 in donations for the last month. Saddest
If anyone wants to make a monetary donation, I would appreciate it.
Also, I'm accepting gifts from anyone for a gift basket at the offline silent auction at the event. If you want to donate to that instead of a monetary donation, please DM me ASAP your address and what your donating. So far, for that, I've already collected some environmental themed books signed by an NYC-based author (who's a non-David fan) and 2 of @crescendolivia's keychains. For this, your gift needs to be in my possession NO LATER than June 5.
Hope this helps.

UPDATE 2: this Saturday is the Relay for Life here. So far, I've now raised $605 (thanks to a co-worker, my dad, and Dinna, who donated this past few weeks); I'm only $35 towards my goal now :-)

Guest Guest

Sorry I can't help at the moment, Sarah! Anyway, you and your donors did a great job Great

Flower Bouquet  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELINDA!!! (NannaWolf) Terry\'s fav word

Guest Guest
Happy Birthday! Happy birthday, Melinda!!! Happy Birthday!

Happy  Belated Birthday Melinda !!Blow Kisses

Guest Guest

We went to the World Championship of sand sculpting event in Atlantic City today. The solo pieces were completed, but we got to see them working on the team sculptures. It's amazing what these artists created from sand and water.

Guest Guest
Amazing! I can't imagine doing something like that.

Guest Guest
I was watching the teams work on their sculptures. It takes a lot of patience and strength. They remain in some very uncomfortable positions for long periods of time. The prize money is not all that much considering some of these people traveled from Singapore, Belgium, Latvia, Australia etc. I think first place in the solo competition won 2,500. These people obviously do this because they love it.

Guest Guest
Love those sand sculpting!!! Hubby and I like to do it in the Summer and we have lots of fun with it.. Obviously, nothing like the ones in the contest, LOL.

Guest Guest
Barb-those are amazing! It looks like a beautiful day there too.

Guest Guest
Hi Dinna!

Guest Guest

Hey Dinna Hi! It's been a little quiet with the holidays and all but we're still here Very Happy

Guest Guest
Hug Dinna

Miss you too!

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here in a while. Life got in the way. Hope all has been well! Smile

Shanzie Smile

Guest Guest
Hey Shanzie!!! So nice to see you. Things have been slow lately but we're doing fine. How are you doing!

Ok. Things could be better. Tons of family drama.

But it's good to come back here. Smile

Guest Guest

1 million posts, yippy, isn't that awesome, Shanzie!

Sorry to hear you've been having some family drama Very Sad But you can always count on us to cheer you up Very Happy

Guest Guest
Viv, The music player was something we had a few years ago. I think the last post in that thread is well over two years old. I'll have to go through that section and remove some of the stuff that isn't relevant to the forum now.

thanks barb. got it. no david cook for me right now. got new computer for mother's day and haven't moved my music to it yet. guess i'd better get on that. huh? lol

Guest Guest
Viv, once you get your music moved over, consider uploading it into the cloud. I use google play. It's free, and you can upload 10,000 songs of any length. I have some of David's full concerts uploaded, and it only counts for one song. I have the google play app on my phone and my iPad, so I can listen anytime without downloading any music and taking up space.

I also use it at work... Just go to the google play site and log in, and all my music is there for me to listen to whenever I want. So you can use it on any computer that is connected to the Internet. And I have mine set so that whenever I download a song on my computer it automatically uploads to my google music, so I don't even have to remember to do it.

Guest Guest

Hey you too Hi! 
"Like" button where, Melinda?

The things are so quiet here...
This is my new fanvid - just because we all need him so much: new album, new songs, new tour, shows....

Guest Guest

Oh no, Cris I can't watch in my country! Great idea though to cheer us up Very Happy

Yeah, so that was completely random. Smile

Another random thing...

Does anybody watch Property Brothers, or Brother vs. Brother? I have been watching a lot of HGTV lately and I came upon their show. Love Property Brothers! I got curious today and went to youtube to see if they were what I thought they would be like "behind the scenes" and I was RIGHT! They have such different personalities and they're hilarious too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.