Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

The Chit-Chat Thread (part 4)

Guest Guest
I haven't seen Brother vs. Brother yet, but I love Property Brothers!

Guest Guest
I don't have that channel, so haven't seen either show. Thanks for the video Melinda! Those guys are pretty cute.

Guest Guest
@Piper wrote:
Made wrote:
Oh no, Cris I can't watch in my country!  Great idea though to cheer us up Very Happy

Let me know if you can see from OneTrueMedia site:

I  could watch it, Cris!!! So beautiful Heart

If you can't watch the brothers on TV, you could always watch them on YouTube. They have tons of vids and they have some full episodes too. I've watched a lot of their "off set" videos. They're a couple of characters, lol. Easy on the eyes too. Wink

Guest Guest
Thanks Melinda! I watched the first two episodes on cable On Demand at my friend's house. The show is really fun. I'm tempted to upgrade my cable to include that channel.

Guest Guest
I watch a lot of that channel. They have some fun shows, and they aren't something you have to see every episode of, so it's easy to put on when you have a few minutes. I think you'd enjoy it.

I DVR all of their shows, lol.
I love a lot of HGTV's shows, but they have me hooked!

Guest Guest

Love HGTV too! I can catch most of their shows online Very Happy

Guest Guest
I caught the 2 episodes of Brother vs. Brother that are up on On Demand yesterday. Really enjoyed them! I am glad they are putting them On Demand, because I have too many Sunday night shows as it is.

Guest Guest
I'm waiting for a new show on the Food Network that is starting this Sunday. It's called Cutthroat Kitchen.

Guest Guest
I LOVE all those cooking shows! You name one, I'm surely watching it, LOL. I'll check out that one too, Barb.

I Love all those show's on that Station especially now that i finally found a House to move into Renting but it's going to be Great to have my own space again. I've been getting alot of ideas from alot of the shows . I love to Decorate so this house needs alot of TLC, Paint and Cleaning so I Can't wait to get in there and do a FLIP. Don't have the money i need to do it all so im hoping this landlord is willing to work out something with us. This is going to be so good for me I Can't wait something that i always wanted to do so it should be interesting. I need some ideas especially for the Kitchen beacuse the cabinets have this crackel paint on them and the colors well we will see Smile Smile 

Guest Guest

Hi Jan, so good to see you and to know you have your own space again Hug
Hope your renovation goes well. As you say the are lots of TLC you can do quite inexpensively. Re de cabinets, maybe you can sand them and just paint again, if the wood is good.

On another note, Barb I saw the first episode of "Cutthroad Kitchen". It is really brutal! The winning chef has to have either lots of knowledge and experience or lots of luck LOL flag

Guest Guest
Hi Jan!!

Made, I've seen the first two episodes. It really is a brutal competition.

Guest Guest
Another recommendation I have for those of you who like police investigation is "Luther", an English series which has outstanding acting and writing. Very, very interesting and with much more... intensity so to speak, than the American series of the genre.

Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA. RL has taken over.

I love Property Brothers! They are fun and informative. And easy on the eyes. Jonathon is a complete goof! My fav moment was they were in a room in a remo prospect home that was HUGE, like a ball room. The wife says "What would we do with this room?", and Jonathon says "Turn cartwheels!" and starts cartwheeling across the room! The couple just stood there, stunned! I almost fell off the couch laughing! I did say that WAS my fav moment, until a couple of nights ago. Jonathon was working in the house, and the couple came in, the husband playing the bongo drums. Jonathon started 'dancing', going through all these crazy gyrations, complete with tool belt. This time I did end up on the floor! Hahahaha Love that show.

Guest Guest

This was 5 years ago today-met some great people & David for the first time! It still give me goosebumps to watch this-thanks to livehead16 for the video!

I can't believe it will be 5 years since the album release. Those were the best times of my life. I met so many great people! I wouldn't have changed any of it. I miss you all. I'm so glad that we are able to regroup again in the next few months. Especially after all these years there will be a show about 20 minutes from my house. It was worth the wait and it will be worth the next adventure.

Guest Guest

So happy for you, Amanda! Having a show so near is awesome Smile Even if David has not been putting out new music or touring lately, here we continue to be supportive of him and each other. He has brought many amazing people to this site, who have developed real friendships. That in itself is a blessing Heart

i have a random question i'm hoping someone might have an answer to. i just saw this recently... https://twitter.com/jalyndani/status/133402356707622913 the middle part (not the concert tickets around the edges) of what i assume is a poster. i recognize the shoot from around the time right before TLM came out but i was unaware of this as a poster. anyone know if/where it is available for purchase? i thought the first time maybe someone printed out all the pictures and arranged them together but this is the second time i've seen this and i'd like to have it.

@Ashley wrote:
i have a random question i'm hoping someone might have an answer to. i just saw this recently... https://twitter.com/jalyndani/status/133402356707622913 the middle part (not the concert tickets around the edges) of what i assume is a poster. i recognize the shoot from around the time right before TLM came out but i was unaware of this as a poster. anyone know if/where it is available for purchase? i thought the first time maybe someone printed out all the pictures and arranged them together but this is the second time i've seen this and i'd like to have it.

Check with Jamie - it's her twitpic, so I'm sure she will be able to answer your question.

Happy Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIV!! Happy Birthday! 

Hope you have an extra special day!!! Hi! Jump Whoa!!! The Wave 

Guest Guest
Happy Birthday Viv!! I hope your day is filled with laughter and love.

Thanks guys! I woke up and was walking my dog, and it dawned on me that it was my birthday today. lol Weird how you forget.

Guest Guest

Hope you had a great day, Viv! The Wave 

Happy Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA (dcrocks08) Happy Birthday! 

She shares her b'day with Andy Skib!! I guess some truly special people were born on this date!
The Wave Jump Awww Love 

Guest Guest

Happy belated birthday, Lisa!!!

Gift 

Guest Guest
Happy Birthday Lisa! I hope you had a fantastic day.

I'm good been keeping busy with live tring to find a job but with no success

@Jilly wrote:
I'm good been keeping busy with live tring to find a job but with no success

I'm there with ya sistah! No jobs here either. Saddest 

sorry there are no jobs. I finally found a part-time job in August as a group home aide. it wasn't what I started out looking for but it has worked out great. I think I like it better than what I was looking for. hang in there.

sorry there are no jobs.  I finally found a part-time job in August as a group home aide.  it wasn't what I started out looking for but it has worked out great.  I think I like it better than what I was looking for.  hang in there.  
I've been looking for a job for like four years now there's nothing that I could do atleast not anywhere that's hiring seems everyone is looking for a degree or experience neither of which I have and some jobs even are looking for both

Yes exactally but them make it damn near impossible

Well... experience ain't what it's cracked up to be. Here, employers look at my experience and say "She wants too much money", or "She will leave as soon as the first higher paying job comes along", or (my personal favorite) "She knows more than the managers do (who are younger) and will be a huge problem". I think the problem is there are so many people applying for jobs, that employers can pick & choose. Unless you are an exact fit for their job, you are SOL. Every job I've applied for has had over 200 applications. I get interviews because of my impressive resume. I think employers think I am much younger because of my computer experience and my attitude on phone interviews, but when they see me in person and see how old I am, they are horrified. You have no idea how infuriating it is to walk into an interview, professionally dressed, prepared with print outs from their web site, questions to ask about their company, specific questions about the job, etc., only to have everyone so horror stricken they actually lose their composure and cannot speak!!! UGH!! Banging head  They don't hurt my feelings or my ego, they infuriate me!!

that sucks even worse. you would think someone would take a chance on you with all of your obvious talent.

the big problem that I faced was finding a professional reference since I hadn't worked a "real" job in over 12 years. I couldn't find one person that I had worked with that remembered me. Thankfully I had experience working in a nursing home and being a mom to a special needs child. I prayed a lot too. I am crediting God for giving me favor in spite of my lack of references.

that sucks even worse.  you would think someone would take a chance on you with all of your obvious talent.  

the big problem that I faced was finding a professional reference since I hadn't worked a "real" job in over 12 years.  I couldn't find one person that I had worked with that remembered me.  Thankfully I had experience working in a nursing home and being a mom to a special needs child.  I prayed a lot too.  I am crediting God for giving me favor in spite of my lack of references.

atleast you found something all I do is sell Avon still. There's squat for jobs for me.

@pn112 wrote:
Well... experience ain't what it's cracked up to be. Here, employers look at my experience and say "She wants too much money", or "She will leave as soon as the first higher paying job comes along", or (my personal favorite) "She knows more than the managers do (who are younger) and will be a huge problem".  I think the problem is there are so many people applying for jobs, that employers can pick & choose. Unless you are an exact fit for their job, you are SOL. Every job I've applied for has had over 200 applications. I get interviews because of my impressive resume. I think employers think I am much younger because of my computer experience and my attitude on phone interviews, but when they see me in person and see how old I am, they are horrified. You have no idea how infuriating it is to walk into an interview, professionally dressed, prepared with print outs from their web site, questions to ask about their company, specific questions about the job,  etc., only to have everyone so horror stricken they actually lose their composure and cannot speak!!! UGH!! Banging head  They don't hurt my feelings or my ego, they infuriate me!!

Oh wow that sucks

that sucks even worse.  you would think someone would take a chance on you with all of your obvious talent.  

Hahaha! Obvious talent... Don't I wish! Very Happy I've worked several temp jobs - both full time and part time. They LOVE me and always want to keep me but never seem to have the budget for it. I have so many references from these jobs it's kinda ridiculous! I refuse to give up! I am trying to sell my house so I can leave this area, but till it sells, I'm stuck here.

Guest Guest
{{Peggy}} sending cyber hugs your way. Also to everyone else looking for work, I wish you all the best of luck and a job in the near future.

ha ha yea I think I'll need more than just luck for that to happen for me. More like a freakin miricale

sorry I have not been on here, please send prayers and thoughts to my hubby at this difficult time, he's in the hospital awaiting heart surgery, they did a heart cath on him Thursday afternoon and found that the sac around his heart is hard and cannot pump enough blood to his other organs, I am scared to death and so is he, please keep us in your prayers that he makes it out of this surgery, I will update everyone on a date and how it went when I get it, and also I am being bulllied about it, I wish people would just leave me alone and let me deal with this with my family.Mad Evil or Very Mad Freaked! Very Sad Crying Crying non-stop Saddest 

I will keep your hubby and you in my prayers. Give your fear to God. I remember doing that when my son had surgery when he was a day old and every one after that. Try not to listen to people if they aren't being supportive. Give that one to God too. Hang in there.

Guest Guest
Neva, I will keep your family in my thoughts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.