Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

9/21/13 - Grand Prairie, Texas - Texas Tango 2013, Verizon Theater

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the September 21, 2013, Grand Prairie, Texas Verizon Theater, Texas Tango 2013 concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setlist:

Come Back To Me
Where Do We Go
Eyes On You
Wicked Game
Light On
Laying Me Low

Guest Guest
Links to videos - with thanks to videographers who are named in the links.

Come Back To Me

Where Do We Go

Bugsytoo
Cooksongrl

Eyes On You

amytx84
AliceThurber
bugsytoo (plus Wicked Game)

Wicked Game

Cooksongrl

Light On

amytx84
AliceThurber

Laying Me Low

bugsytoo
Cooksongrl

Guest Guest

Pictures

102.9 photo collection

amytxcollection

image14.jpg

Photo courtesy of MsCrC

Photo courtesy of Joann Rodgers

image12.jpg

Photo courtesy of amytx84

grand_10.jpg

Photo courtesy of 102.9 NOW radio

Guest Guest
Here is the order of performers as listed on the concert website~

It's too bad he is first as lots of people will miss him or walking in as he performs.

David Cook
6:05p - 6:35p

Plain White T's
6:55p - 7:25p

Johnny Rzenik
7:45p - 8:15p

Sara Bareilles
8:30p - 9:20p

One Republic
9:50p - 10:40p

SETLIST:
1. Come Back to Me
2. Where Do We Go
3. Eyes on You
4. Wicked Game
5. Light On
6. Laying Me Low

Guest Guest

Twit pic from amytx84:

image12.jpg

Guest Guest

Videos by bugsytoo:

Laying Me Low

Eyes On You and Wicked Game

Where Do We Go

edit: Can you see the embedded videos? For some reason they aren't showing up for me. Link to her channel, you can watch them all there. BUGSYTOO CHANNEL

eta2: I figured it out, you should see them now.

Guest Guest

From AmyTX84

Light On

Eyes On You

Guest Guest
Comments from DCO about the reception for Dave (being as this was a festival and he was on early)

Hummingbird wrote:

I was there, and from where we were sitting we could hear applause scattered around the venue at first, but it seemed to get louder after every song. The crowd at the venue was very scattered during David's set but it was steadily filling up and it seemed to be over half full when he started. It sounded to me like Wicked Game was the favorite of the masses but Where Do We Go, Light On and LML were very well received as well. I think Eyes On You was, but my weary brain is tired and memory fails me.

That 30 minutes went by way too fast. It was short but very sweet.

It has been a long, long day full of music, laughter, meeting new people, and fun. I will write a better recap tomorrow.

Kris wrote:

We were sitting next to a Sara Bareilles fan and her boyfriend, and in front and behind us were groups of Plain White T and One Republic fans. They were camera recording during Come Back to Me but then talked through the second half of Where Do We Go. Eyes on You got them dancing in their seats, though, and even the guy next to me was tapping his foot. Wicked Game spurred great applause around us and the folks the next aisle over stood up at that point. The energy stayed high and everyone's attention was fully on the stage through the rest of the set.

David's voice sounded so strong, so good! It did indeed fill the theater. And the setlist was super smart, IMO. I think they made great use of that 30 minutes. I was at Dosey Doe's and thought he was in his element in that small venue, but after hearing him rock the theater, I was reminded of how he stole the arena at Tiger Jam.The versatility of his talent continues to impress.

Sounds like he was well received!

Guest Guest
Quote :
@Wave_length: One think I noticed during DC's Texas Tango set, was the number of guys that stood up after Light On started.

Heard there where camera police out in full force so I'm glad to see ppl found a way to get some vids anyway..you can't stop a DC fan Smile thanks to all who shared vids, there awesome! Gotta say that when I was watching them I could hear some guys singing/screaming..love hearing that!

Guest Guest
Thread updated with video links.