Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pugeyed

bandit rebuild

bandit shock was brand new but still felt saggy in the corners, now the busa shock is set up its excellent, nice and firm but still has the right amount of give, best thing i did to the bike ! thumbs

Mark, Your bike is absolutely mint, Looks different without being in your face, top quality. By the photo's I'd say it was jacked up about 50mm ish. Only because it seems to have the same stance as mine now it's jack up and that went up by 55mm at the rear spindle. What you doing next mate and are you going to the Brackley bike day, a week Sunday ?

cheers gaz! Embarassed
still got a list of stuff i wanna do to the bandit but currently spending all my dosh on current project,
yeah ill be going, hope to see you there matey! salute

Well folks , got a small problem with the bandit, still dont know if im selling her but will, ONLY if i have to.

she wont start, wont even turn over. fuses all fine, have power down to starter solenoid but none after that so im guessing its this but am going to bridge the side stand switch and clutch switch 2morrow to make sure.

Has anyone got a starter solenoid i could borrow as i dont want to spend the £70 on one if it turns out to be something else?

Thanks for all your help as always .
Mark. thumbs

check the main earth lead tucked behind the right hand side of the frame think theres a green plug if I remember

thumbs

@pugeyed wrote:
Well folks , got a small problem with the bandit, still dont know if im selling her but will, ONLY if i have to.

she wont start, wont even turn over. fuses all fine, have power down to starter solenoid but none after that so im guessing its this but am going to bridge the side stand switch and clutch switch 2morrow to make sure.

Has anyone got a starter solenoid i could borrow as i dont want to spend the £70 on one if it turns out to be something else?

Thanks for all your help as always .
Mark. thumbs
if you want to come and take mine of my bandit and put it back on your welcome Mark thumbs

thanks Dave, think its something easy like side stand or clutch switch but havent had the time to have a look at it yet.

makes me want to buy a bandit

bridge the clutch cut off switch, spray a bit of wd in the switch gear on the throttle side and of course check the side stand switch but go for the clutch switch first,

thats the plan trebor, have already done the starter switch, that was full of crap but still doesnt work now its clean. next is clutch, then if all else fails ill try the side stand.

mine was the clutch switch, i rewired... started first time, hope its the clutch switch for you as its an easy fix.