Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tinman3

tents

ok everyone time for me to pick your brains and ask your advice, im looking for a good rally tent compact enough to bike it round but tall enough for a 6ft plus bloke to be able to stand up in, been crawling round on me belly for too long now!!!
cheers,
tinman3. pint

depends what sort of bulk you can cope with on your bike mate, but I certainly wouldnt want to carry a tent that big on my bike.

With the tents I have experience with, Vango, Coleman, Outwell etc, when you buy a tent of that height, not only is there extra material (and hence more bulk) because its so tall, but tents of that size often sleep atleast 3 and have a reasonable size porch aswell yet more bulk)

Have a look round at a few camping websites and see if you find anything that you think is suitable. At the end of the day, you might be happy to lug around a bigger tent

I tend to buy disposable tents, cost £30-£40 each but you don't have to bother about bringing 'em home.

Why on earth would you need to stand up in one, the only time I use 'em I can manage nowt' more than crawling into one.

Guest Guest
http://www.khyam.co.uk/

This Company is brilliant, still have our first tent off of them which is now about 20yrs old, they where the first ones to have folding permenant poles in the tents.

Just got a new one with two sections plus you can stand up, can't put kit on crawling around.

If I can post a pic off of my facebook I'll show you ours on the bike, its a bit big but I don't carry pillions..