Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dick65

fork stanchions

after getting some advice from jezza and mark(pugeyed) i decided to fit my own fork seals,well ive hit the first hurdle,ive got slightly bent stanchions and the garage confirmed it.so i thought of getting a second hand set from ebay but you dont know how straight theyll be so second option im thinking of is a pattern pair,would this be a good way to go and does anyone know a good place to get them?
any help appreciated cheers dick.

hmm wemoto do em dont know how much they are, is it just 1 or both.
seems a bit strange you havent noticed it dick scratch , sure they are not just twisted in the yokes?
hope you get it sorted soon. if you need any help just shout thumbs

edit:£99.58 each from wemoto
just gonna check how much original ones are

Edit no 2
£215.89 each from suzuki Shocked

yeah its a pair,guy at the garage tried allsorts but theres a definete bend in them,really odd this one,i did hit a massive pothole a while back due to a car swerving towards me not sure if that couldve caused it,ill try wemoto and see what theyve got.

might be worth looking on evil bay as it will cost you a couple of hundred quid on wemoto. Wink

i have a mate who breaks bikes , he has everything and is cheap and stands by all his parts , give me a shout if you want his number , he is in ireland but can organise delivery thumbs

thanks for the heads up lads ive just found these on ebay i cant get the link up but the item numbers 130486121642 what you think?

looks good , i would ask him if he has checked they are straight, that way any problems you can quote his response .
thumbs

thanks mark ill do that,i dont need the legs so i might just go for it thumbs

cheers bonzo,ive just put a bid on some stanchions but i might consider that if all else fails thumbs

just won a pair of stanchions this morning £40 inc p&p so hopefully get my forks fettled now thumbs

cheers mark all sorted now,nice straight forks,i reckon £20 each isnt bad . i followed haynes instuctions and no probs,while i was at it i gave the bike a good service new filters oil and plugs etc thumbs

happy days!
its always a nightmare when things go wrong.
glad you got it sorted ! partypartypartyparty