Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poleman1

VFR 800 vtech starting problem

Hi my vtech starts perfectly when its cold, but as it gets hotter and I stop to park up, notice the neutral light starts to flicker till will eventually go out.Engine can still be running in neutral and on stands but if you switch engine off it will not re start unless you pull in the clutch then starts ok. Would seem that when its hot , neutral switch is telling ecu that engine is in gear and stops it from being started and pulling in clutch overrides it.Have checked that fan cut`s in at correct temp as per manual, from talking to other`s vfr riders they do run hot, but all seems to be within correct perimeters, any ideas please, Alan

Alan, if you haven't already done so, sign up here and I'm sure you'll get some help. Dave, hope I'm OK punting another forum here? Laughing
Cheers,Alan

Hi am in vfr owners club but lol, couldn`t find how to post so put it on here, Alan

Might be best to plug a code reader in to the ECU that way it might come up with a fault stored and save a lot of time messing about.

Might be worth checking out the neutral switch itself, could be wearing and giving a false signal.

Was thinking a problem with neutral switch, must get it checked out and get someone with a code reader and get that side checked out, thanks for replies , Alan

Hi, have sorted starting from hot problem on VFR 800 v tech, removed neutral switch this morning and thinking maybe wear, refitted with a much thinner washer and hey presto all is ok now. Will even re start when engine fan has cut in. Before would only start if hot by pulling clutch in, but now all works perfect and neutral stays on , Thanks for all replies, Alan

Hi Guy`s, was darn lucky to drop onto sorting bike out, thanks for replies , Alan