Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
day101

Fuel Gauge for 600

Basically last year i ran out of fuel twice EmbarassedEmbarassed but is there anything out there i could do so i could have some sort of gauge on the bandit?

just set your trip counter when you fill up,i fill my b6 up every 100 miles,saves running out thumbs

i do work of that now i get 120 i know it needs topping up but nothing beats a proper fuel gauge thou

@dick65 wrote:
just set your trip counter when you fill up,i fill my b6 up every 100 miles,saves running out thumbs
agree

Huh you have a 5 litre reserve, once you switch over to reserve
fill up at next service station and never run out again.
Ive never had a problem in 30 years without a fuel gauge

agree

Was just going to post the same....reserve is there so you don't run out of petrol....unless of course you forget its on reserve !!

but if you run it on pri you dont have a reserve then

As Dave says don't run the bike on prime. Prime is used to fill/flush the carbs out after a rebuild or maintenance work when the engine isn't running.
When on prime it allows fuel to flow into the carbs without the engine running. When you run with the fuel tap on ON or RESERVE, the fuel tap is operated by a vacuum take off that shuts the fuel off when the engine stops. On Prime the fuel can still flow when the engine isn't running...if you've got a dodgy needle valve in the carbs, fuel can seep through into the engine.

Trev

thank you for that information very helpful Very Happy

@day101 wrote:
but if you run it on pri you dont have a reserve then

As dave said, don't run it on prime m8, prime is only there to fill the carb bowls with fuel if the bikes been standing for a while and the carbs dry out,

Running on prime runs the risk of pissing fuel out of the carbs when standing, motor off, if one or more of the carb float valves ain't closing properly.

Run her on run, then switch to reserve when running out and fill up at the next station. thumbs

No problem mate..... you've just got to get used to switching from ON to RESERVE on the move now.....a bit tricky if you've not done it before.

Hang on here fellas.... if day101 didnt ride like he was valentino rossi then he wouldnt have this fuel issue Laughing i can speak from personall experiance riding with him most weekends Laughing slow down day101 and youll never run out of fuel thumbsthumbsthumbs