Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
E.goldstein

Just over a week to go.

Well this Thursday the 10th that means that there is just over a week to go until the New Moto GP season gets underway in Qatar on the 20th, will the Ducati with Valention Rossi and Nicky Hayden come good in first practise or will the Honda dominate much like they have in testing or will it be down to the Yamaha’s of Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies to prove it was not just a fluke least year. How will Cal Crutchlow get on the with the big boys of motorcycle racing, time will tell.

Hot news just in today Rizla Suzuki have just revealed the new livery for the 20011 GSV-R and it’s looking very nice with a nice Suzuki blue and a sort of black feathered lined effect on the edges if the fairing and tank where the rider sits.
Check it out at
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Rizla+Suzuki+present+2011+livery.

We should be cheering on all three Brits in the Moto 2 class Bradley Smith, Scott Redding and Kev Coglan who will all flying the flag this year.

Let’s hope Bradley Smith make good progress moving up to the Moto 2 class, with such a big field in this class as last year showed, we’ll be in for some close racing over the 2011 season.

We should not forget the four Brits Yes four Brits in 125 this year Taylor Mackenzie, Harry Stafford, Danny Kent and last but not least Danny Webb, yet again a good size field of riders and talents for the Brits to show what they are made of over the next 18 races.

So set your alarm clock and VCR’s and PRV’s ready for the fun to start, I’ll be recording the lot from Friday practise to the Race on Sunday.

Sorry to waffle on if you’re not in to Moto GP, but the start of the season means that this long and cold winter is nearly over at last. party

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect

About bloody time.........feels like it's been ages since last season ended - let the action begin cheersbounceapplausebananapartythumbs

cant wait for the gp just wish it would hurry up!

@fazergill wrote:

Nooooo sod the Moto GP - bring on the Speedway thumbsno1
I also love speedway too, i used to work and ride on saturdays Very HappyVery HappyVery Happythumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
@fazergill wrote:

I also love speedway too, i used to work and ride on saturdays Very HappyVery HappyVery Happythumbs
Its coming back to Leicester next month , cant wait thumbs
Heres a pic from the past i work with these guys at newport speedway thumbs Anders henrickson, scotty pegler, Neil street, craig watson, Roger Lobb, scott Willits and Paul fry RIP mate

@Stue11 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
@fazergill wrote:

Its coming back to Leicester next month , cant wait thumbs
Heres a pic from the past i work with these guys at newport speedway thumbs Anders henrickson, scotty pegler, Neil street, craig watson, Roger Lobb, scott Willits and Paul fry RIP mate
Mid 90s seems an age away thumbs

I watched Kings Lynn from 1975 to 1996 solid.Traveled away a lot too.
Love it.Keep saying i'll start going again.Now Kings Lynns in the Elite this year,i'll have to make the effort..
Had a rip on a 76 Weslake on a big field one.Ferk that,to quick considering theres now brakes Shocked
Whats your surname Stu

@flange wrote:
I watched Kings Lynn from 1975 to 1996 solid.Traveled away a lot too.
Love it.Keep saying i'll start going again.Now Kings Lynns in the Elite this year,i'll have to make the effort..
Had a rip on a 76 Weslake on a big field one.Ferk that,to quick considering theres now brakes Shocked
Whats your surname Stu
Hemmings thumbs

Cant recall u.Was you what they used to call a junier(sp)(second half rides) or did you ride conference or just on pratice days thumbs
Watched Paul Fry when he rode for Lynn..A quick guy thumbs

@flange wrote:
Cant recall u.Was you what they used to call a junier(sp)(second half rides) or did you ride conference or just on pratice days thumbs
Watched Paul Fry when he rode for Lynn..A quick guy thumbs
Sorry mate come accross all wrong Laughing just rode on practise days mainly saturdays when the local counsell would give permission, me dad used too sponsor scott pegler and me x farther inlaw had a big input, i travelled with them to most of the circuits as far north as glasgow and as south as the IOW, i helped out on the garage side of things and help prepare the track for racedays at Home meets thumbsthumbsthumbs

Nice one.They can get 85 ponies from the latest motors Shocked and they weight the same as a moped lol.Big up to them that is what i say thumbs

@flange wrote:
Nice one.They can get 85 ponies from the latest motors Shocked and they weight the same as a moped lol.Big up to them that is what i say thumbs
Shocked tell ya what those 500cc jawa laydown engines were a beast, they either threw you of for to much throttle, or they would throw you off for shuting down to fast LaughingLaughingLaughing

great to see some other Speedway fans on here Very Happy
already booked my tix for the GP in Cardiff -can't wait Go every year - what a great atmosphere party
Love it ! applause

@fazergill wrote:
already booked my tix for the GP in Cardiff -can't wait Go every year - what a great atmosphere party
Love it ! applause
I was there when Bomber took the BGP title thumbsthumbsthumbsthumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@fazergill wrote:
Love it ! applause

I got so emotional I cried Embarassed Yeah ok very girlie but how often do Brits actually win anything !!! Shocked

@fazergill wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
@fazergill wrote:
Love it ! applause

I got so emotional I cried Embarassed Yeah ok very girlie but how often do Brits actually win anything !!! Shocked
Very True Very Happy i had a tear in me eye when Bradley Smith got is first podium and pole position, nowt wrong with that its called passion, without these brave guys and gals we wouldnt have any enjoyment at all thumbs dont forget to take some pics and upload them id love to see them thumbsthumbsthumbs

You two are starting to sound like Football fans now crying Sad because someone won or lost, nop not me I just appreciate the skill of the rider and the team behind them.

Just love watching the guys making it all look so easy, you all most believe you could do the same thing, well that is until you see some one come up from WSB and make a right hash of it “Ben Spies” is the exception.

A few years back I went to the Le Mans 24 hour that did make me cry many with laughter and in pain for the poor French bikes being revved to within a micron of the valve kissing the top of piston all night! ShockedShockedShocked

I had heard that Speedway was coming back to Leicester but did not know it was that soon, looking at the web site “http://www.leicester-speedway.com/home/” Saturday 2nd April at Beaumont Park. Anyone want to meet up?

Ok this bit is a bit like saying I have never see Star Wars!

I have never been to a speedway meet affraid

I’ll understand if I am instantly excluded from the site and I will ware sackcloth and ashes and hang my head in shame.

So to break my duck as it were 2nd April anyone?

E.goldstein “They are watching you”Suspect

Speedways boring like watching a goldfish swim round its little bowl all day long.

Cant wait for June off to Assen to see some real racing.
(come on VALE )

hide