Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
always1more

Engine Bars......favour please......:)

Hello peeps,

Need a big favour please if somebody knows the sizes of the Bolts I need for a set of Engine Bars.

Just won a set on egay but no bolts only 2 spacers, I can get the bolts from a engineering place near me but don't know the dimensions Sad

Thank you in advance thumbs

PS. MK1 1200n Bandit

Can't believe we have all these Bandits and nobody can help me with the length of a couple of bolts Sad

Guess I'll have to gestimate, take three bolts out of the engine mounts and take them to the shop and see what size they have there thumbs

Cheers Dave, wanted them to be spot on m8 but looking like I'll have to take the old bolts off the bike and wizz off to the store see if they can help me.

It will be Monday now hopefully thumbs

Post a pic of the bolts on your bike that the bars fit to Tim and I will see if I can measure mine and post up the sizes. thumbs

Hiya Rob, would appreciate the help m8 as I've searched high and low on google to no avail. Still searching now but no info on renntec bolts and spacers.

All I need is for somebody to tell me who has bought a new set off Renntec is to answer how many spacers and bolts are included in the fittings Sad

Rob I'll take my bolts of tomorrow in the daylight m8y and stick some pics up or a video thumbs

Thanks Rob....always keen to help others applausepint

Ok Tim but show me where you got them from out of the frame so i know which ones they are thumbs

Got some pics Rob hope they help thumbs

Also done a short video which i'll upload in a minute as it looks like the bolt at the back of the engine I'm gonna need a longer one as by the time I get the bars on there will be no thread left to get the nut back on.

The bolts that I'm showing in the pictures go right through the frame and mount so they can be aslong as they want if you get my drift.

These two spacers I have I'm guessing they are for the rear fixing mount scratch

I'll sort the little movie clip out now thumbs

hi Tim
the top 2 mount bolts are M8 Cap head by 50mm long with a 20mm shoulder, the bit without the thread on

the bottom mount is M8 Cap head by 25mm long, no shoulder, the suzuki pins here have an cap head with washer built in but you can use an ordinary cap head and washer.

the rear mount pin looks like an M10 by approx 200 mm long but i could not get this one out so that is an estimate.

the sizes i give are standard, you might have to add a bit to the length to fit the bracket on. Also these pins look like high tensile pins, not mild steel, although Stainless steel ones will do.

the rear pin is gonna be hard to get, i would try to see if the nut will squeeze onto the stock pin once the engine bar is in place.

Ohhh muchos gracias amigo thumbs

You're a star Rob, always happy to help, well I think if I struggle with the rear bolt at the back of the engine I might get away with some threaded Rod, can get round that, and in the mean time a member over on banditforum reckons he has bolts attatched to his bike without the bars so I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Hopefully with you're help Rob I can have these beauteees fitted this week thumbs

Thank you very much m8 thumbs

Guest Guest

If you can wait a day or so I have a full set of crash bars and all the bolts...can take a picture and get all the measurements you need off them thumbs

Won them of eBay last week just not got around to fitting them yet.

Cheers Hawki thumbs

Yeah I can wait m8 thanks very much thumbs

Did you get 8 spacers with the bars ?

This post should help others in the future as I've struggled to find info, but with the help of peeps like you'reself and Rob, anything is possible thumbs

Guest Guest
If I remember its got a few spacers of different sizes. A selection of bolts (think 2 sizes) and one engine bolt that is very big (this is going to need a bit of a smack when I do it).

Where abouts do you live?

Guest Guest
Hawki wrote:
If I remember its got a few spacers of different sizes. A selection of bolts (think 2 sizes) and one engine bolt that is very big (this is going to need a bit of a smack when I do it).

Where abouts do you live?

Just seen you are Southport, pitty if you were close I'd let you get a good look of them because I remember the big bolt is a little strange regarding the threads but will post up all the info when I sort them out this week.

Yeah sounds about right, I can get spacers online if needs be.

I'm in Southport m8...between Liverpool and Preston, probably miles from you lol Cool

No probs m8...thanks....yeah the long bolt will be for the rear mount, you will soon see it thumbs

Guest Guest
No probs m8...thanks....yeah the long bolt will be for the rear mount, you will soon see it thumbs

Sorry about this just been a mad week and not home much, when I have got home been tucked up in the living room not near the garage Sad

I plan on having a day in the garage Sunday and will dig them out and take pics of all and measure for you if you still need this?

It's no problem m8, don't worry as today I went to our Engineering shop and picked up 6 new bolts plus a new stainless for the rear mount, 200 mm is long enough. The other 6 bolts are High Tensile like Rob said.

Only thing they couldn't help me with was the spacers, don't know how many I need and don't know the sizes so when you get a minute m8 I'd appreaciate the size of them and maybe I can order some off the NET thumbs