Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suzukijax

Ride of Respect

Any one doing this this weekend in your own regions Im debating going along to the shrewsbury one

I have registered for the Wootton Bassett ride but it's a 2.5 hour ride for me to get there and the weather forecast doesn't look too good at the moment so I don't fancy a cold wet ride - I went on the first one last year and it was a really special event, so hopefully the weather will improve

Well the plan was for me to go with my son & daughter on their bikes but my son's Ninja failed it's MOT last Thursday so I ended up going on my own, took a chance on the weather and though it was a bit chilly and breezy, especially waiting on Hullavington runway for 2.5 hours before I got my turn to go, it was worth it, a very emotional ride of about 15 miles ending up riding through Wootton Bassett, it was amazing with loads of people out waving and cheering in all the little villages on the way, awesome experience being amongst 10,000 bikers, all there to pay our respects to our lads in the forces and to raise loads of dosh for the charity Help for Heroes, all in all a memorable day thumbs

@peejay wrote:
Well the plan was for me to go with my son & daughter on their bikes but my son's Ninja failed it's MOT last Thursday so I ended up going on my own, took a chance on the weather and though it was a bit chilly and breezy, especially waiting on Hullavington runway for 2.5 hours before I got my turn to go, it was worth it, a very emotional ride of about 15 miles ending up riding through Wootton Bassett, it was amazing with loads of people out waving and cheering in all the little villages on the way, awesome experience being amongst 10,000 bikers, all there to pay our respects to our lads in the forces and to raise loads of dosh for the charity Help for Heroes, all in all a memorable day thumbs
salutesalute

Well done to you and everyone else who went no one around my way was going so didnt do one but my friend is organizing her own in the south of wales for next year so will defo be there thumbs

Thanks for that, they did say yesterday that they are going to have several around the country for next year so check out their website later on towards the end of this year to see if there's one near you thumbs

soory but (i am only a sweed) wat is Ride of Respect