Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkember

Oil Consumption Interesting reading

Interesting but luckily also my mk1 b12 doesn't use any oil either. Its done 14000mls and I think I better bet the valve clearances done.

Yep, a few years ago when the mrk 2 came out quite a few suffered from excessive oil usage, I think it could be fixed underline warenty not sure if it was down to dodgy or rings on the pistons.
My mrk1 goes from oil change to oil change without a top up.

Faulty batch of pistons thumbs .The oil holes where over size Shocked

They must be.Some have more dodgy holes than others.They were made by ART if i remember right.You'd think someone would of noticed before they were all fitted angry

Interesting topic this, my bike never used any oil & never smoked. Currently it has 44000kms on it & it just started running extremely rough below 4-5k rpms, it ran as though you were riding your bike with the choke pulled out if you know what I mean. Anyway, after changing the FPR, injectors, fuel pump, spark plugs..basically anything you could think of that would make any motor run rough was changed. After 4-5 rpm the beast would clear out & run like a bat out of hell.... then about 2 months ago I stripped the head off only to find ...... I can't explain it, have a look at the pic below & see if you can figure it out ......

[img][/img]

And like I mentioned before, I was still using the bike with this damage for a good couple of months, the pictues I posted earlier with me at the track was while the bike was running with this... and also, no oil usage, no smoke....I'm still trying to figure out what happened censored

Oh I forgot to mention that the piece that's missing out of the bore.. is no where to be found ! My bike basically showed me finger

my ace doesnt use oil between changes but heard some do,mind you it does 80 at 4000 revs so im not thrashing her thumbs

Ok just found out that 1 quart of oil equates to 1.13 litres therefore if I do the math.

I used approx 75ml during that 360 mile round trip of hard riding. This would mean I would be using less that a quart over a 5000 mile period which is well within the realms of acceptability.

@darkember wrote:
Ok just found out that 1 quart of oil equates to 1.13 litres therefore if I do the math.

I used approx 75ml during that 360 mile round trip of hard riding. This would mean I would be using less that a quart over a 5000 mile period which is well within the realms of acceptability.
nice 1 then thumbs

@Squarrow wrote:
Interesting topic this, my bike never used any oil & never smoked. Currently it has 44000kms on it & it just started running extremely rough below 4-5k rpms, it ran as though you were riding your bike with the choke pulled out if you know what I mean. Anyway, after changing the FPR, injectors, fuel pump, spark plugs..basically anything you could think of that would make any motor run rough was changed. After 4-5 rpm the beast would clear out & run like a bat out of hell.... then about 2 months ago I stripped the head off only to find ...... I can't explain it, have a look at the pic below & see if you can figure it out ......

[img][/img]

And like I mentioned before, I was still using the bike with this damage for a good couple of months, the pictues I posted earlier with me at the track was while the bike was running with this... and also, no oil usage, no smoke....I'm still trying to figure out what happened censored

Thats a water cooler.Your blade?

@darkember wrote:

Agree, a quart in that milage is fine. thumbs

@flange wrote:
@Squarrow wrote:

[img][/img]

Thats a water cooler.Your blade?

Yep it is....