Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After some help please, thinking of buying my own email address dont want to pay a fortune for it but need some ideas, was thinking of:

davehutch@ ..........
davehutchings@.........

its the bit after the @ that i want really , I want one that i can use for work and everything else, the more common the more money or the address has gone , the site i am looking at buying it from says from 99p and i think if i buy one that is not common or some 1 has thought about it could be .

so could I have your ideas please ...

here is the site you can see how much they will cost thumbs
http://www.123-reg.co.uk/

just realised that you can transfer a address that you have with another registrar which may be a option but what does that mean confused

and if you buy your own whats the advantage of buying it for more than one year ? why is it more to do that ?

And why dont you get the option with some like in the third pic ?

@Davehutch wrote:
just realised that you can transfer a address that you have with another registrar which may be a option but what does that mean confused

and if you buy your own whats the advantage of buying it for more than one year ? why is it more to do that ?

And why dont you get the option with some like in the third pic ?

just had this reply back from 123-reg, can someone put it in simple terms Embarassed

Dear Dave,

Thank you for contacting 123-reg on the 26th May 2011.

I have looked through your pictures and have some answers.

Yes you can transfer your domain between registrars (123-reg are a registrar, as are companies like godaddy and 1&1) people choose to transfer due to hosting packages and a variety of other reasons.

The reason it costs more for .co domain for the long period is because we currently have an offer on .co domain names in that there is 60% off 1 year registrations.

The screenshot pointing out the .co.uk domain points to the price. Which only gives you 2 years. This is because any domain name that ENDS in .uk can only be registered for 2 years.

I hope that I cleared some of you queries up for you.

I also think I can use my site address hutchsmotorbikeforum.co.uk as my email confusedconfusedconfused Its all getting to much for me now , may go and have a few drinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinking

Guest Guest
er....... why do you want your own email address? I can understand a domain name but why an email address? I have about 90 gmail invites left if anyone wants one btw (from the beta days long time ago now). Don't you get an email address with your website?

@Davehutch wrote:
I also think I can use my site address hutchsmotorbikeforum.co.uk as my email

You should be able to even if it only redircts mails to your original email address.

Guest Guest
@Davehutch wrote:
I also think I can use my site address hutchsmotorbikeforum.co.uk as my email confusedconfusedconfused Its all getting to much for me now , may go and have a few drinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinking

Yes you can mate I'll see if I can chuck your MX to point on a server I'm rebuilding next week. The main thing is where the email is hosted needs to be a static IP and be on a business line as you don't want to get rejected as a spammer.

In the early days I use to use mail relays out there so I could use my own connection but as time goes on this becomes harder (still do this for backup MX records but its not recommended).

As you own that domain you can have anything you fancy really for the address which is @hutchsmotorbikeforum.co.uk

I've got a lot on this week but if all goes to plan will contact you in the week for a chat and let you have a play.

Guest Guest
@Davehutch wrote:
ITCHY wrote:
Is it just me or is all this double dutch scratch
or double HUTCH fofl

Shockedfofl

Yes, surely as has already been said,as you own the domain @hutchsmotorbikeforum.co.uk you can have anything you want like Dave@hutchsmotorbikeforum.co.uk for example....
they usually with the domain name give you 10 or so free email addresses for this purpose..
Hope this make sense....it does to my vodka addled brain! Very Happy

@Richard80 wrote:
Yes, surely as has already been said,as you own the domain @hutchsmotorbikeforum.co.uk you can have anything you want like Dave@hutchsmotorbikeforum.co.uk for example....
they usually with the domain name give you 10 or so free email addresses for this purpose..
Hope this make sense....it does to my vodka addled brain! Very Happy
so in that case i could use my other domain that I have www.dave-hutchings.com thumbs just need to work out how to do it Embarassed

Look in the control panel for your domain name there should be some where to enter your e mail address then an email sent to anything @hutchsmotorbikeforum.co.uk will be redirected to your personal email account.