Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

resin removal

Guest Guest
considering many of you work in varius trades that will at some point involve the use of resin i was woundering if any of you could inlighten me as to how to get the fecking stuff off my hands?! spent the evening repairing a ding on my surfboard using polyester resin and had to use my fingers to press some into a awkward crack on the nose of the board and now i cant seem to get rid of the horris sticky feeling. washed my hanbds countles times and soaked them in wd-40. any ideas?

What about swarfega (with the little bits in) or petrol, gets everything off thumbs somebody will probably have a better idea though!
or
on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:45 am
Davehutch
Do a bit of hard graft and it will wear off matt Very Happy

How about putting latex gloves on before you start! thumbs

I know that’s a bit late now but next time.

Anyway the best way I have found is good hand moisturiser “off the misses” then a bit of air dry paint thinners then lashings of good hand moisturiser. Or your skin will just crack and go all dry! SadSad

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect

Guest Guest
fairy liquid seems to have done the job after a few washes and the repair is pretty good and apart from a light diffrence in the shade its pretty hgard to spot so dead happy. ive tried using gloves but i h8 them as they get in the way and the resin seems to stick to them pretty quick.

Guest Guest
nail varnish remover? i usually just nibble it off but gloves are an excellent idea!

Guest Guest
NoZ wrote:
nail varnish remover? i usually just nibble it off but gloves are an excellent idea!

u assume i have this lying around? Shocked

Guest Guest

yeah frankenfurter Laughing lighter fluid then?

@darkember wrote:
Leave them dirty women like it that way Very HappyVery Happy
Do they round my neck of the woods they dont...... Shocked

when i get any sort of resin on my hands I usually use a sock under the bed. thumbs

@jezza wrote:
when i get any sort of resin on my hands I usually use a sock under the bed. thumbs
fofl