Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gazman

new project really old bandit

Really really looking forward to this cant wait, i love watching and reaging progress on any build, thanks Gaz it will be interesting especailly the back to original build thumbsthumbsthumbs

youve done a cracking job on the bandit gaz and looking forward to the honda rebuilds thumbs nice one.

@dick65 wrote:
youve done a cracking job on the bandit gaz and looking forward to the honda rebuilds thumbs nice one.
agreethumbs

Ive never seen a project been done start to finish so this will probably be my first good luck Gaz im looking forward to it thumbs

I know the cafe racer thing is not everybody's cup of tea but I can guarantee it will be very pretty to look at and a lot of fun for me being able to modify the bike as the bandit was 99% restoration, which I absolutely love, but modifying this first little CB250 quite radically will be a very different set of challenges and should educate me enough to do a top job on the restoration project afterwards. My first bike was a 1954 James 197 and I have a lot of time for old bikes of all eras. Of course both bikes will feature some extensive ally polishing, it's got to be done. thumbsthumbs

you know my thoughts on cafe racers matey. banana
new camera and new bikes hope you realise you now have no excuse!
looking forward to it matey, let me know if i can help with anything. thumbsthumbsthumbsthumbsthumbs

sweet! i wanna do a flat tracker/cafe build just not got the time or money atm lol

@pugeyed wrote:
you know my thoughts on cafe racers matey. banana
new camera and new bikes hope you realise you now have no excuse!
looking forward to it matey, let me know if i can help with anything. thumbsthumbsthumbsthumbsthumbs

Yes mate, thank you. I am very excited to get these 2x bikes, the cafe racer project is a wreck with a good covering of rust but mainly complete, the restoration project is very complete, much better condition and runs, of sorts. The guy selling them has some spares as well. thumbsthumbs

This is the Cafe racer project

This is the restoration project which I will start straight after the cafe racer is complete

@fr499y wrote:
sweet! i wanna do a flat tracker/cafe build just not got the time or money atm lol

I do know what you mean mate, my wife raised an eyebrow when I finished my bandit a week ago, got it on the road and bought 2x more bikes this week, money, time, mess etc.

looks good gaz i have restored worse than that you will be fine, just have to decide if you can restore parts or cheaper to buy new, more pics please!
spill the beans on your plans for the cafe then,you must tell us more.
currently bidding on another bike on evilbay so will let you know. thumbs
all the best
Mark.

Oh my god youve got your work cut out on thoes babies, cant wait to see them progress back to life thumbsthumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Oh my god youve got your work cut out on thoes babies, cant wait to see them progress back to life thumbsthumbsthumbs
agreethumbs

You're right boys but the good thing is, there is still a few weeks of summer to get going, surely we must have some sun at some point, and I work from home with my old garage converted into an office and I have just aquired a large solid wood desk top to make a lovely corner bench at the rear, already got dado trunking there with power in it. Should work out quite well through the cold months, bench, tools, polishing wheels and bike, all in the warm and dry. It's cheating I know but the back and knees are on there way out, should be sweet. thumbsthumbs

If that were me working from home id get no work done at all Laughingthumbs

Yeh especially when there's a bike in here Stue, but to be honest most of my work is away from the office. SadSad