Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

virago 535 mixture screws

just wonderd if anyone knows where the yamaha virago 535 mixture screws are.

took the float bowls out and gave them a clean. and wanted to adjust the mixture.

got it fired up but have to use east start in the intake, and runs so rich it wont stay running so wanted to re-set the mixture see how that goes to whether to strip carbs down and clean them like that

I would have thought that it's unlikely that the mixture screws need adjusting unless some as messed with them, is the choke fully off and the air filter good and clean? whats its mileage?

19k on the clock.

we have tried with and without choke works better with. air filters fine.

thing is its been sitting since 2002

Sounds like a blocked jet or airway.as it got constant depression type carbs? if so could be the diaphram split.

sorry carbs arent m,y speciality, still learning with them. so basically strip them down and clean, and make sure everyhtings fine. when i took the jets out cleaned them and they were fine tbh

did you check the teeeennnyyy holes in the jets with a very fine bit of wire?

yep they wernt even blocked.

the time we put the carbs on the wrong way round it ran just wouldnt rev. but worse now their correct lol

did that. i had to adjust it. as no fuel was getting thu in one, and outher was coming out the over flow at one point. both seem fine now. whats best setting for them?

and i dont get why it wont start unless we use quick start now. and only runs for slipt few seconds

Setting float heights is a delicate job and easy to get wrong, a few mill out makes all the difference.
You will have to set them to the manuals specification. Wink

okay thanx. got a clymer manual. nothing but aload of tosh, so downloaded an online haynes so will chck that out cheers

carbs were gungy.

adjusted floads were a tad out. but mainly found the mixture screws and no onder why fount cylinder flooded.

font was on 3 and 3/4 turns out. rear was on 1 and 1/2 out.

so put them in and took them out 1 and 1/5 to test, gotta get back in yet! could be fun. if no luck come out abit more and theres nothing in haynes, clymer, or online about what to set them too. unless anyone knows? cheers