Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leicesterdave

re waterproofing textile rideing gear

Just a quick question to all you boys and girls out there.just washed my textile riding gear for the first time(and yes Rose i did follow the washing instructions lol! ).can any one recomend product to re waterproof them?

Hi Dave! Hope you used a proper membrane-safe detergent such as Nikwax TechWash?

As for the reproofing, use Nikwax TX-Direct. The wash-in easier, but the spray-on allows you to choose areas to spray for better proofing.

I'll get moaned at for telling you where you can purchase it from... lol!

Hope this helps mate! no1

HEHE I have never washed mine & its 10 years old the textile one that is. Its minging but still waterproof thumbs As to your question maybe a swade spray could work.

I would be a grease monkey & spray it with wd40. I hate looking sparkly clean. I prefer the grubby fly splat look Very Happy

Guest Guest
Check the washing instructions as sometimes tumble drying makes them waterproof again. If its breathable kit it loses that ability if the little holes are full of dirt!!

First Thing, check the lable

Second, if not label with washing instructions, look up make, material i.e goretex and see what the company recommends you do with it..

Don't forget if there is a liner, there maybe separate washing instructions..

Let me know if in doubt.

Guest Guest

Hey how did you know I was gonna say that? Shocked

I was in fact refering to Darkmembers post...lol

Hi Dave! Hope you used a proper membrane-safe detergent such as Nikwax TechWash?

As for the reproofing, use Nikwax TX-Direct. The wash-in easier, but the spray-on allows you to choose areas to spray for better proofing.

I'll get moaned at for telling you where you can purchase it from... lol!

Hope this helps mate! no1
agree this is the way m8 thumbs