Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

wheel polishing

hi guys want my outher rims polished but cant find anywhere in kent?

anyone know anyone.

best quote round here is £90 for the pair.

i would get say lee to do it, but its the postage of sending 2 heavy wheels up there.

or should i take plunge and do it myself?

Cheers

just get some nitromors a sponge, cloth and take your time... then use a good polish to protect them.. will take you a few hours and a bit of man power and ya done! you seen my blue bandit with polished rims?

after the nitromorse use 600 grit wet and dry then 1200 grit then autosol

didnt use anything on mine, just nitromors... this is the result

That was only the one side of the wheel as a quick go over, didnt tidy the edges up on them photos

And after a few months of use with just a coat of good polish ( like meguiars or alu )

and after a winter of riding, again just by a good polish to keep it clean ( pic taken on a shitty camera phone )

i didnt mask them off or anything, but i was keeping a good eye on the tyre and had a bowl with soapy water/sponge to whipe it off if any got on the tyres Smile

Just use sum masking tape and a small paint brush and apply spareingly so not to get it everywhere then I used plenty of autosol and they come up well smart.

the mk2 wheels are slightly better finished, with pretty much no casting marks compared to the mk1 wheels, so might need a bit more scrubbing Smile and as said, possibly autosol to bring them up Very Happy

Dont use autosol its shit ! use autoglym or meguires metal polishes there far superior and bout the same £