Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

long rides

Just wondering what can a sports bike be like for a long ride. Mainly the gsxr750. Looking at say 150 to 200 miles. Is it possible without going arthritic.

cant comment on the gsx but ive had no probs on my ace nice and roomy though i do get numb bum if i havent been out for a while Smile

Did 315 miles on my daytona on Sunday and I have just about recovered! Sorry Can't comment on any other sports bike as this is my first.

Young lad like you Chad should be ok, alltough having said that i'd sit on one first and see if you like the ride position first, and truth be told no sports bikes are comfatable imo thumbs

My ninja was fine. Just not for every day commute. But getting a gs for that so gsxr would be a toy. Don't want a six. When looking at 2005 era of gixxer then doing it in the relentless graphics

plenty of comfortable sports tourers around chad like 1990s bikes with the emphasis more on sport there more roomy than more modern bikes but still as much fun, if your looking to do distance could be worth a look thumbs

More insurance is crap or I don't like looks etc. Also wana do some track days from time to time

Mmmmm maybe a zed or fz it still is. I want something fun. But can still travel if needed. Like to you guys for rideouts etc

i was crippled after going from ere to wales on my SV650, the Z1000 with new seat covers/padding i can go on for longer than i can with the kle!!! the older sports bikes like the thunderace and thundercat, CBR600/1000F or the old zzr's are really comfy and plenty of power!

Guest Guest

I did, 17 hrs on my Bonnie coming back from France in a onner. It was around 765 miles.

I wasn't too bad the next day, just tired.

The thing is Chad, You maybe in bits on any bike you have, but your young and fit so it shouldn't cause you any problems.

Just look at Nick Sanders, its all about getting used to the distances.

Hubby and I think nothing of a 300 miler on a Sunday, yes we are tired at the end of it and my arms ached after this weekends ride. So I know that yes to make the bike a bit better for me it needs risers fitted and it will be spot on.

Your just have to get the bike you fancy, try it and if it needs a bit of a bigger screen go for it, or risers etc.

You won't know until you try. thumbs

reguarly do 200+ miles to dorset on my daytona 675, gsxr 750 is an armchair compared to the daytona, that and it dosent break down every month which is why i might be getting one

Mmmmm maybe a zed or fz it still is. I want something fun. But can still travel if needed. Like to you guys for rideouts etc

You don't come to rideouts Chad coz you're always skint Sadlol!

150-200 miles,long run,pffft just getting warmed up by that time.The other week i did a round trip of 550 miles in one day on my 1098 and me and the Mrs regularly do 300+ miles in a day me on the Ducati her on her R6 so 200 miles is nothing.

Rich even if tmoz ain't successful I have something lined up for work.

And still this threads made me thing of a spotty naked bike like zed or fz etc

Rich even if tmoz ain't successful I have something lined up for work.

And still this threads made me thing of a spotty naked bike like zed or fz etc

Chad mate, I think you are a good example of what a young lad should be, you get off your arse and do stuff, dont take any notice of my censored taking Very Happy

Lol thanx. If nicholls don't take me as hgv mechanic. Mate works in refrigeration which I could do around m thumbsLaughing y college

ZED ZED ZED!! NOT THE FAZER! lol Very Happy good lad, get out there, get the job, work ya tits off and buy the bike you want! lol

Lol thanx. If nicholls don't take me as hgv mechanic. Mate works in refrigeration which I could do around m thumbsLaughing y college
you dont have to wear a penguin suit do you chad Laughing

you dont have to wear a penguin suit do you chad Laughing

Only on fridays