Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

Cat and Fiddle

Been over the Cat today for the first time since the average speed
"safety" cameras were installed and i cant help but think whoever honestly thinks they will stop accidents is seriously mentally retarded.I spent the entire time staring at my speedo scared to death of commiting the terrible crime of exceeding the speed limit and as a result i nearly ran out of road on 2 corners.Now i dont for one minute think of myself as some sort of riding god but i have been riding bikes since i was 11 years old (thats a long long time) and i dread to think what could happen when someone who hasnt been riding very long rides the road

Fair point but it's happened because too many other bikers were running out of road by going too fast for their abilities. They may well prevent accidents as more people, myself included, will seek other roads to have their fun on. So as usual a few bell ends ruin it for the rest of us. angry

Fair point but it's happened because too many other bikers were running out of road by going too fast for their abilities. They may well prevent accidents as more people, myself included, will seek other roads to have their fun on. So as usual a few bell ends ruin it for the rest of us. angry

totally agree the thing about the Cat is that you can have some fun on it without having to go much above the previous 60mph speed limit so you dont a: upset the locals and b:have an accident. theres no need whatsoever to gun it down the few straights at 100+ mph and like you said because of people doing this its spoilt it for everybody.
I used to go into Derbyshire every Saturday but this is the first time ive been in about 4 years simply because all the idiots have made sure theres a blanket 50mph speed limit imposed and the Police are quite keen on enforcing it.