Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Plug chops.

As you may know I fitted Kawasaki 1200ZRX Carbs to my XS1100 a vast improvement in alround performance,however on rejetting the carbs.
Beware of plug chops with modern unleaded and ethanol containing fuels. The colour results are not accurate and can mislead. Sad

do the carbs go on with out mods and what size jets did you put in , sound like a good job thumbs

The carbs are spaced just about right with a sqeeze.I used the standerd air box again with a few slight mods you can use the air box I just replaced the OE filter with a K&N the whole idea was to make the engine breath a little better hence modern carbs,air filter and a more free flow exhaust which I made from variouse odds n sods and fitted the the Jardine slip on can which was a tad lound so I fitted a jardine decibel restricter which I think also improved performance.and the the throttol cable from a GSR750 fitted the Kwak carbs and the Yam throttol so that was cool.
As for jetting that was fun!I have in at the moment
38 PILOTS AND 140 MAIN JETS.I have it about right now and have ridern to Aberystwth vie Builth wells, Abergysn , Tragaron and back to Leicester 390 mile round trip with out hitch.And it was Bloody great! thumbs

@XS1100 wrote:
The carbs are spaced just about right with a sqeeze.I used the standerd air box again with a few slight mods you can use the air box I just replaced the OE filter with a K&N the whole idea was to make the engine breath a little better hence modern carbs,air filter and a more free flow exhaust which I made from variouse odds n sods and fitted the the Jardine slip on can which was a tad lound so I fitted a jardine decibel restricter which I think also improved performance.and the the throttol cable from a GSR750 fitted the Kwak carbs and the Yam throttol so that was cool.
As for jetting that was fun!I have in at the moment
38 PILOTS AND 140 MAIN JETS.I have it about right now and have ridern to Aberystwth vie Builth wells, Abergysn , Tragaron and back to Leicester 390 mile round trip with out hitch.And it was Bloody great! thumbs
thumbs

excellent gaz sounds like a good mod and a good run to check it out thumbs