Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dick65

motorbike auxilary socket

thinking of getting one for the bike,maries(missus)thinking of getting a binatone sat nav for the car,would it plug into the bike socket or does it need an adapter to work.
anyone know about these things? cheers.

Yep. I drilled hole into bit of plastic upfront, screwed it, put it on battery, and bobs ya uncle. If I go on and meets next year will charge phone, but its there for my garmin

i have one on the zed, but its just tied to the bars ( neatly if i may add Very Happy ) if you can run it in a car on the 12V, you can run it on the bike! lol

@Davehutch wrote:
i have one under my bandit seat , will post up when sober Embarassed dont think it will so easy on the b-king Suspect

Hide it in ya fuel tank, quick thou before you sober up

@Davehutch wrote:
i have one under my bandit seat , will post up when sober Embarassed dont think it will so easy on the b-king Suspect

cheers dave i was thinking either underseat or up front thumbs

the reason i put mine by the bars is i tend to use my phone as a satnav a fair bit when going to meetings, rides out and shiz, makes it easier than undoing the seat, pulling cable out, putting seat back :P only added bonus to under the seat is its out the way and 100% waterproof Smile

@dick65 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

cheers dave i was thinking either underseat or up front thumbs

Plastics round clocks.

ill post a pic tommorow to show you where i thought it might go thumbs

The standard 'fag lighter' socket and the 12v DIN sockets are different sizes though. To be honest I wouldn't bother with a DIN, just fit a waterproof socket and be done with it (unless you are sticking it under the seat).

I generally will have a 12v outlet under the seat on a permanent fused live, for charging phone when I'm away from the bike without having to leave the keys in the ignition and then have a waterproof one (switched) up front for sat nav duties.

I bought half a dozen of these: http://goo.gl/ee7q7 and they do the job well enough.

got mine off ebay, about£8 already to go, just attatch to battery terminals, has an inline fuse.

think it must be the same one i was looking at rich,looks good thumbs

sounds good thumbs do they drain the battery much when you use it?

I made up an adapter, a male ciggy socket plug
on 2 leads that attaches to my battery charger.

I charge the battery through the same plug.
Handy on bikes like the Katana / ET or bikes where
the battery is hard to get too.

i put a usb one under my seat as most . thing are usb now any way ,

I bought the AA road map Of the Uk and the battery as never gone flat!.

Try and get a TOM TOM realy very good. saved my bacon in France.
"You have reached your destination"
shut the f;k up !!!!!!!
Then your brain stops working and she takes you up the M6 even though you have done the jounery a billion times you never go that way,Scary things.

lol!! been thinking about getting one fitted to the kle, as its one of them bikes you dont care too much if it goes walkies, but will do anything you want it to!! this one looks pretty good on the basis it has a handlebar mount!! clicky but i normally go with a guy called towzatronics on ebay.. not the cheapest but seem to be better made.

dave, you can get these for android phones ( or any that uses the smaller USB plug )

check your phone dave i sent you a foto of one ive got if you want it it will just clip to the battery and unclip when not in use you can have it for free mate thumbs oh ive found some smaller clips as well

Daaamnn!! more room under the seat on my zed, shame the same cant be said for the kle... the seat doesnt unclip for storage Sad

check your phone dave i sent you a foto of one ive got if you want it it will just clip to the battery and unclip when not in use you can have it for free mate thumbs oh ive found some smaller clips as well
not got it yet Stan No

thinking of putting it where the X is or...

or in the boot

ITCHY wrote:
i put mine under the seat as there wasn't an X anywhere on my bike scratch
lol!lol!

@madsod wrote:
ITCHY wrote:
i put mine under the seat as there wasn't an X anywhere on my bike scratch
lol!lol!
fofl nice one rich thumbs

I think all usb ports run at 5 volts, I charge my phone in the car from one of these usb adapters.

I seem to think i plugged my sat nav usb into it and all it done was charged the battery (could not use it for navigation) , so I use the proper cigrette lighter adapter that come with the Garmin.

@jezza wrote:
I think all usb ports run at 5 volts, I charge my phone in the car from one of these usb adapters.

I seem to think i plugged my sat nav usb into it and all it done was charged the battery (could not use it for navigation) , so I use the proper cigrette lighter adapter that come with the Garmin.
thanks m8 thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@jezza wrote:

thanks m8 thumbs
been thinking about this Shocked but my sat nav has a built in battery that runs it so if it only charged the battery that would be ok . I think scratch

have another read through the thread dave,theres a few links etc that should point you in the right direction thumbs